Planning the 8th Annual Colorado Trail Ride

Will you be able to attend the 8th Annual Ouray - Silverton Trail Ride

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 8th Annual Colorado Trail Ride
That is fine

007, that one should work fine. They take a while to charge so open the box and charge the two batteries. They are easy to program to whatever frequency we are use. Make sure the battery locks into place. We had to return our first one cause the battery kept falling out.

Sent using Tapatalk

Shooby or BillD need to answer this. My better half didn't write it down before we returned ours. So I need it too.

Sent using Tapatalk

My radios are in the shop. When I go over tomorrow I will look and post the frequency here.

It reads:

It reads:

The first set of numbers is for the "A" band and the second for "B". The A/B switch toggles between them. Just key in the first number, toggle to B and key in the second. I cannot remember which we were using, but once you know, toggle to that band. I set the lock key after that, so pressing keys won't change anything. Thanks Shooby!

Sent using Tapatalk

We should be using 462.7125 which I believe is FRS channel 7. I keep the other channel at 162.475 which is weather channel.

If you try to program in 462.7125, it will may not work. In that case try 462.712 and it may allow or just go to 462.710. One of my radios works one way and one the other. It really doesn’t matter - 462.710 is close enough.

Two weeks from today we'll be starting out on the trail rides.
At the risk of redundancy here's the list of participants I have. Please correct any mistakes I've made.

Bill D +1 Passenger
BusaDave9
CJ No jeep
MrIPlayBass
Oldjeeplady 2 jeeps and a total of 4 people counting MrIPlayBass
Posi +1 Passenger
Shooby
WHATROAD
007 +1 Passenger
Caveman
Gert
PistolDave

Total of 17 people and 11 jeeps

I have even included people that have voted that they are 80% sure they will make it. I have not heard a personal confirmation from these people:
caveman, gert, PistolDave

Is my list correct?

Last edited:
I am planning on being there, have reservations at the Triangle Motel.

Dave
:chug:

I plan to be there with wifey. She won't be on all the runs but maybe some moderate trails.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

IF I can still make it I will have 2-3 with me in the Jeep. Not that that matters but it is the info that you’re collecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carol and I will be there.

Thanks for the input. The number of occupants doesn't matter as much as the number of jeeps. I just don't want to have too many jeeps on the smaller trails. On the first post I listed the trail ride choices for each day. I wrote that up with the assumption that we'll have to split up into 2 groups each day. I now think we might be able to all go on the same trails for some days. BUT a couple of trails will still not be able to handle all of us. Most of you have never been to the top of Kendall Mountain or into Arrastra Gulch. Those 2 trails will not be able to accommodate all of us. The only way we can go on all 10 trail rides in 5 days is if we always split up into 2 groups. How many groups we ride in is a discussion we can start now but I'm sure we won't make a firm decision until the night before when we are all in Silverton. I like to lay out guidelines but I don't mind a laissez-faire approach. If everyone says on Tuesday "lets all go to Kite Lake tomorrow". I'm game.
:chug:

IF I can still make it I will have 2-3 with me in the Jeep. Not that that matters but it is the info that you’re collecting.

So to sound less cryptic, I have a TBI issue that could sideline me. I will know more tonight or tomorrow night.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks