Planning the 8th Annual Colorado Trail Ride

Will you be able to attend the 8th Annual Ouray - Silverton Trail Ride

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 8th Annual Colorado Trail Ride
Those are some really cool pics Whatroad, thanks for sharing!

What is the story behind all of those rigs?
23784d1527785885-planning-8th-annual-colorado-trail-ride-20180530_133012.jpg

Those jeeps are in the small town of Saguache Colorado. I think they are just someone's jeep collection. They are not for sale. I think they are just there to bring people to the little store there.

Hahaha, I was trying to spare those of weaker wills the location less they couldn't control themselves. Secrets out boys. I don't think this is a singularity however. So, stay on guard!

Busa - you alright with the fires in your area?

Busa is doing fine.
The fire was north of him.

It’s a biggie tho. Still out of control and we are getting smoke haze from it clear over here in Colorado Springs. It’s very dry here and everyone is nervous. The last time it was as dry and unseasonably hot was back in June of 2012 when we had the Waldo Canyon fire that burned over 300 homes in CS.

Will sure be thinking of you all! Stay safe.

Sent from the great Northwoods of Wisconsin using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Fire season is just beginning. Worth keeping up to date.

The paper says that Black Bear and Ophir Passes and the Red Mountain mining district are closed. That would affect us.
Guess if push comes to shove, we can hold the 8th Annual in the Colorado Springs area. We have some great trails over here.

^^^^
What I was thinking as well.

Wasn't aware of that... I hadn't seen any mention of "fire related" closures to Black Bear or Ophir or any other trail I recall us having done. I do see the normal seasonal closures though.

I was just going by the map the forest service provided as well as their site - https://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/...0000000000000&ttype=detail&cid=fsbdev3_002300 .

I suppose it's early enough yet that all of it could go either way. Plenty of stuff too around Hotchkiss, Marble, Colorado Springs, etc.

Black Bear Pass and Ophir Pass is open as of yesterday.

Unfortunately the way the West is these days ( hot & dry ) you all are going to have to be flexible with fire season starting earlier and lasting longer these days. All it takes is lightning or a careless person out there to cause a huge problem

We went exploring today and look what we found. If only we could find the trail from here to the Pass. Would be a great short cut.
c78ed9c5803e3122196c6c30db164fe4.jpg

Sent from Northern Wisconsin using Tapatalk

In only 4 weeks we'll be out in Colorado for our trail ride.
Our oldest son and future DIL will be joining us. They plan to rent a jeep for the trails they can take it on and ride with us for any they cannot. So add one more jeep to the list of those coming!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We're out.
Have fun and be safe.
Maybe next year ?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks