Planning the 8th Annual Colorado Trail Ride

Will you be able to attend the 8th Annual Ouray - Silverton Trail Ride

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 8th Annual Colorado Trail Ride
Two years ago we met at Handlebars around 6 or 7. If Busa doesn't confirm a time and place before you loose internet, I will contact your wife and let you know the details of our meeting.

Two years ago we met at Handlebars around 6 or 7. If Busa doesn't confirm a time and place before you loose internet, I will contact your wife and let you know the details of our meeting.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Here's our options for restaurants. Sometimes I say there aren't many places to eat in Silverton but that's not true. There are plenty of places to eat but not many have a full menu.
Here's our regular place, Handlebars Restaurant.
44051897612_2cd6bbf3da_b.jpg
This year they moved around the corner. Now they're on main street (actually the main street is called Greene St.)
42291416790_64fa5a7ea0_b.jpg
Handlebars has a full menu and is almost always open.
44100777611_d99db4c0e9_b.jpg

Avalanche Brewing specializes in Pizza and Beer :chug:
29116133545_90ce9105d1_b.jpg

Golden Block Brewing also specializes in Pizza and Beer. :booze:
42291418050_ddab7956b9_b.jpg

The Grand Restaurant and Saloon has a full menu. :dbanana:
42291418670_4573fc7e72_b.jpg

The Brown Bear Cafe is a good place for Breakfast.
42291421220_4e7b851573_b.jpg

Across the street from the Brown Bear Cafe is the Brown Bag Cafe.
42291419890_34d4299620_b.jpg

Natalia's 1912 Restaurant has Italian and Mexican food.
42291425840_7a5aa6b5e2_b.jpg

In all honesty I've never eaten at High Noon Hamburgers but if I was a gambling man I'd say they have hamburgers.
42291425090_396b5fe68c_b.jpg

The Sage Hen is another place I've never eaten at
42291415420_71d10b5ccc_b.jpg

Eureka Station specializes in Pasties, a baked pastry from Cornwall England usually filled with beef and vegtables but they have several versions here.
42291426400_593db84eab_b.jpg
o.jpg

I really like the Pickle Barrel. They have a full menu but unfortunately they are often closed.
42291414250_5a2f7fefd9_b.jpg

The Bent Elbow is often closed but not bad.
42291422920_888d85bbe1_b.jpg

The Shady Lady is another place that is often closed.
42291424040_61fa7f3863_b.jpg

Last edited:
When and where is our first meet up going to be?

When is everyone else getting into Silverton?
Shall we meet at Handlebars Sunday at 6:00 PM?
We need to come up with a plan for Monday. I posted plans for either Engineer Pass trail or Brooklyn Trail, US Basin and Porphyry Gulch. Would we rather all go on one trail, maybe Engineer Pass? We may not have so many on Monday that we'd have to split up. These are some of the things I'd like to talk about Sunday evening but we can start the discussion now.
Posi, how about you? When will you get in town?

Last edited:
I think that if we all do a run together Monday it would be great so those of us that have never been on one of these runs can get aquainted with every one.

The group from Colorado Springs should be there Saturday by evening.

The group from Colorado Springs should be there Saturday by evening.
Well now I don't know for sure. That was the plan, but the guys are still working on BillD's tranny.

The Bent Elbow is also a great place to stay.
Best of luck to all of you!
LG

We're here.
9147e707f703cc56c23836a2773b1a46.jpg

Lets meet at Handlebars this evening at 6:00 PM.

Then in the morning lets meet at the Red Mountain Cabins. We will leave at 9:00 am for the trails. Please fill up your jeep with fuel today to be ready.
red-mountain-motel_-rv-park-_-cabins-silverton-co-3.jpg

I hope to meet everyone today but I wanted to post this in case I miss anyone.

I think we have several people in town already. How about Shooby? Is he here?

Yep Shooby is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolyn and I hope you all have a great time. Sorry we couldn't be there with you this year. How cool, number eight!

I’m back in Colorado Springs with Bill D
Shooby continued on Rt 24 north
Great time in Silverton
Big thanks to Dave for hosting this event once again

Edit: we’re wheeling Eagle Rock tomorrow morning shoot me a PM if anyone local is interested

Last edited:
Yes, thank you Dave for hosting another great week of jeeping.
We have arrived in North Platte Nebraska and will stop for some rest. Our son and future daughter passed us hours ago. I will post when we arrive home tomorrow. Goodnight all!

We made it home about 45mins ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've moved on to continue our trip. I had a great time riding trails that I could have never dreamed of back home and the scenery was like looking at picture post cards. Thanks Dave for showing us a great time.

We have arrived home safely. To rain, high humidity, mosquitos and a driveway full of acorns. Unloading is like walking on marbles. Our squirrels have not been doing their job. And our son and future daughter also made it home safe. What a great time we all had!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks