Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Wow! that's quite a crew to drive half way across the country with! I assume you are flat towing the Jeep behind your Expedition? My question is...............who rides in the towed Jeep on the way out? Mother and Mother in law? :poke:

:D Luggage is in the Jeep. Mother-in-law is on a hitch mounted luggage rack! Naw she's alright. We want to kill each other at times but that's to be expected. Her and my mom are driving separately a day behind us. We will get in Friday evening and they will be in Saturday.

I'm using a tow dolly this time. Flat tow is fine, but a dolly is easier to turn.

Looks like so much fun - only 2500 miles from Brewer, Me! Man I'd love to get out there sometime!

Wooly

Wish you could make it. Not many places more serene than the San Juan's.

Dave -

Please PM me your cell number. I will get in to Ouray sometime Saturday afternoon.

Dave -

Please PM me your cell number. I will get in to Ouray sometime Saturday afternoon.
Sent PM
Looking forward to meeting you Bill (and everyone else).
It looks like there will be 7 members at this years trail ride. Many if not most will be bringing at least one other along.
Sounds like their will be at least 6 jeeps. I think this last trail ride will be the best.

Well.....I think I lost my transfer case. I'm having quadratrac problems. I am in rapid repair mode!

Well.....I think I lost my transfer case. I'm having quadratrac problems. I am in rapid repair mode!

Let us know if you need help finding parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm out. My tow ride bailed last week and I'm awaiting a hub from the interwebz.

I'm out. My tow ride bailed last week and I'm awaiting a hub from the interwebz.
Rats! :( That's really too bad. Maybe a U Haul, or a rental jeep? It's really going to be a great trail ride. We did it last year with our stock 2000 Explorer and had a wonderful ride with a great bunch of people.

We'll meet at the Historic Western Inn 210 7th Ave, Ouray, CO
On Saturday the 25th at about 4 pm.
It's next to the River's Edge Motel.
322_hotel.jpg

We'll be on the deck next to the motel. The bar will be open for drinks. We'll order pizza. They usually don't start up the kitchen unless there's a big crowd. There very well may be a big crowd so we're not sure if we'll have pizza or a menu to select from.

Here's the list of people that will be there:
Me:D
007 and family
OldJeepLady and MrIPlayBass
FishnChips
Posi and his cousin
Bill D and his wife
Karry. He's a friend of CJ's. He'll be driving his Wrangler

too bad SomeDude won't make it.

Last edited:
CJ isn't coming…?

I am SOOOOO excited. Got a staging area here getting ready tonight for a Wednesday evening departure.

4fa2d7a1f276e9e453904148df5462aa.jpg

Does everyone have a CB radio? It'll help communicating on the trail.
We'll have breakfast and dinner in town but you'll want to bring a sandwich for lunch on the trail. A small cooler might be nice but I have extra room in mine.

Ben, a friend of mine will be be joining us at least one day with his Tacoma.

CJ isn't coming…?
It doesn't look like he will be able to make it.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate, if I knew I would called him for a visit, I've been in Decatur Ga for the last 7 days.

Sorry to hear CJ cannot make the trip.

Will we use channel 21 again on the CB?

Mountaincrawler and wife are in for Sunday through Tuesday, possibly Wednesday. Pls post once a Saturday evening meet-up is finalized.:chug:

We'll meet at the Historic Western Inn 210 7th Ave, Ouray, CO
On Saturday the 25th at about 4 pm.
It's next to the River's Edge Motel.
322_hotel.jpg

We'll be on the deck next to the motel. The bar will be open for drinks. We'll order pizza. They usually don't start up the kitchen unless there's a big crowd. There very well may be a big crowd so we're not sure if we'll have pizza or a menu to select from.

Here's the list of people that will be there:
Me:D
007 and family
OldJeepLady and MrIPlayBass
FishnChips
Posi and his cousin
Bill D and his wife
Karry. He's a friend of CJ's. He'll be driving his Wrangler

too bad SomeDude won't make it.

Don't think we will be able to make it. I'm coming from St.Cloud MN Friday morning, then going to Milwaukee, then 40 miles to home, then pick up our truck and trailer and on our way to Ouray. I figure 22 hours driving, 8 hours for fuel and sleep, puts us in Ouray around 7PM. We will keep in touch as we get closer. We are staying at KOA Saturday night.

CJ is on the trailer.. Packing other stuff now so we can leave as soon as my husband (mriplaybass) gets home on Friday.

IMG_0019%20Small_zpsg4orojc8.jpg

IMG_0018%20Small_zps8je5efi5.jpg

We can hardly wait - it's going to be another great trip!!!
:D:D:D:D

Don't think we will be able to make it.
puts us in Ouray around 7PM. We will keep in touch as we get closer. We are staying at KOA Saturday night.
You have my number :D

Mountaincrawler and wife are in for Sunday through Tuesday, possibly Wednesday. Pls post once a Saturday evening meet-up is finalized.:chug:
Glad you can make it. I sent you a PM.

Also my friend Ben will be bringing his little family. He has a room in Ouray and will be meeting us Saturday.

I would think we have enough people for the Historic Western Inn to open the kitchen for us. 007 I'll be talking to you some more on this topic.

Good deal Dave. Call me tomorrow.

We didn't make much progress but we did make some. Bedded down for the night in IL.

707b42dd801636386c409cbd31fa774a.jpg

LOVE the dolly as opposed to flat tow on a trio of any major distance.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks