Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
I am now 70 miles from Ouray (I'm home). I'm packing up the jeep and I"ll be heading out soon. I think I'll put the top down. The weather looks good.
20198022335_0ab170d523_z.jpg

Last edited:
Just landed in Phoenix

Just got to Ouray and are at TheRivers Edge. Check in time is three PM so wife and I are just sitting on our hands waiting to get into our room. If 007 reads this, come on down.

Bill & Carol

So sorry to hear this CJ. I was hoping it was work and not health related. We really wanted to meet you. You will be missed!

Be safe and have fun everyone. Look forward to the pics when you get back. You may run into a group of Scramblers out there from the CJ8 site as well.

Nice shirt...

34fd7e33d15a9a200eec3e3dd872a8e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No trail report until the week is over. We'll start a new thread for the trail report but here's what I can say: awesome, fantastic, exciting, more challenging than previous years. And everyone is eager for more. When I asked if we should head back everyone was like "No way! What other trails can we go on?"
This is a great bunch of people to share this experience with. We're all having a blast.
These do get better each year. Last year I said it would be the last. I'm glad they talked me into doing this one more year.

On our way home. Lots of great stories.
634dfbf156d0456367a8b58f99b5faee.jpg
This was an amazing trip. 😃

5D6A3C49-C1BE-4421-B950-43FAC71B94CE_zpsqalk8snr.png

Hey Lady Jeeper - You got muddiness all over your CJ! I hope the old girl (the CJ :)) worked as well as you folks hoped it would.

I'm already jealous and I haven't even heard the stories yet.

Just got back to my room, great time in Durango tonight, or this morning depending on how you look at it. :chug:

Last edited:
Just got back to my room, great time in Durango tonight, or this morning depending on how you look at it. :chug:
Children, It's 3:46AM. Do you know where your parent is? :poke::laugh:

7:00 PM on Saturday, home at last, and looking forward to next year!
WP_20150801_002%20Custom_zpstwtizueu.jpg

Arrived home this morning.
I had an absolutely great time.
Last year was good, this year was great especially Thursday on Poughkeepsie gulch trail.
A really nice group of friends to spend the week with, we had so much fun
Thanks to 007 for setting up a rental Jeep for me and my cousin
Special thanks goes to Dave for hoisting this event, thanks Dave!!

Carol and I got home Thursday and have had a couple of days to get used to driving a passenger car on city streets again. Wish we could have done Poughkeepsie Gulch with everyone but maybe next year. (There will be a next year, won't there, Dave?) We had an absolutely terrific time and met some of the best Jeepers (and a Toyota P/U) on earth. A special thanks goes to Posi for showing us what can be done with two Gerbels and a squirrel in a yellow Jeep. You had to be there. Thanks, All.

Arrived home this morning.
I had an absolutely great time.
Last year was good, this year was great especially Thursday on Poughkeepsie gulch trail.
A really nice group of friends to spend the week with, we had so much fun
Thanks to 007 for setting up a rental Jeep for me and my cousin
Special thanks goes to Dave for hoisting this event, thanks Dave!!

Did the rental place know you took their Jeep to Poukeepsie gulch??:eek:

Did the rental place know you took their Jeep to Poukeepsie gulch??:eek:
The tj I rented is a 14 year old jeep that had already seen body damage, with small boloney skin street tires. This was a true stock open/open low rider, even came with a receiver hitch to rake in all the loose rocks and gravel as I drove along, came with mud flaps as well. There was a reason why the company chose not to put their rental sticker on this one.

I had permission to do black bear pass so how could they say no to Poughkeepsie.

The last day the starter didn't work for me so I just parked on a hill to jump start it so that wasn't an issue, plus I was warned a head of time about this.

That said, I had a blast, the jeep took a thrashing, and still took me where I wanted to go. You should see how shinny the underbelly is now, I must have shaved off 2 pounds of steel. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks