Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

BusaDave9

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8, T18 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case with TeraLow 3:1 gears, 4.88 axle gears, Detroit Locker up front and Ox Locker in back with 1 piece axle shafts, 36" SuperSwamper SX Tires, Shackle reversal, MileMarker Hydraulic winch, MSD 6A ignition.
I've been asked to host another trail ride here in SW Colorado. What does everyone else think? It would start July 26th and Ouray CO would be our base.
Day2-52_zps6520cbca.jpg

day2-012_black_bear_road.jpg

day5-48_kite_lake.jpg

Last edited:
YES. I couldn't go last year because my boys were starting school. This would be perfect. I was really bummed thinking last year was the last one.

I would like another chance to go on this ride. The wife teaches school and is returning to work the last week of August so a month earlier may work out better for me. :chug:

Just for everyone to know going through Southern Colorado, Trinidad Area, I will be willing to help anyone who needs it. We have Autozone, O'rielly's NAPA, CARQUEST, Wal-Mart, etc.

PM me and I will send you my number.

Glad to hear your hosting another run after all. I'll be leaving for an Alaska cruise that week, not that I'd make it if I wasn't. But it is on my bucket list for one of these years. Always love the pics and video's to help me be there vicariously! :)

In.

I hit the 80% button and will do all that is in my power to be there. Ouray isn't all that far from Tucson and I need a decent road trip to plan for.

Wow didnt excpect to see this! Posted nice and early , in July instead of August would usually work for me. Ive got way too much going on this year. Family vacation June 28th -July 5th. Headed to King William Va. for a extra long weekend in July to check out the area Vicki and I want to move to in 2 years. My work has a plant there so I can transfer. A beach trip , and as many camping trips as we can afford. Im booked this year. :(

Would love to go but just too far away. Please post up pics.

We would love to come again - not sure these dates will work, but we can try. I am not going to vote just yet... Yes, we would love to have our CJ done, but we had a great time with the explorer last year and we know we can rent a jeep. Such a nice group of folks that really made it fun last year.

For those that have never attended - this is treat you don't want to miss. Dave hosts this in a way everyone has fun - on his vacation, and I really appreciate what he is offering! :notworthy: So even if your CJ isn't done - please try and come with whatever 4x4 you have - you won't be sorry.

Thanks so much Dave!

Every time I've said I was coming, something came up to stop me.
This year I'm not saying anything. lol

Well I'm obviously in Dave, so I'll make it official. Don't know how to thank you for your efforts on this actually.

Please folks, if there's any way you can make the trip you should make every effort to. It's simply a wonderful place to be. It's peaceful, serene and beautiful. On top of that, it's a Jeeper's paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to figure out a way to get my jeep from Dallas to there.

I have to figure out a way to get my jeep from Dallas to there.

I flat towed mine from Indiana last year and IOPort51 flat towed his a couple years ago from Texas.

I don't think my Mazda will tow it that's the issue!

I don't think my Mazda will tow it that's the issue!

Ah. Gotcha. Looks like about 930 miles / 15hrs. Can you drive it?

Oh no. 9mpg topped out at 60mph. I'm hoping to have a new vehicle by then to tow with. If not I've got a few friends with trucks that would probably love to go.

Ship it

I do have a friend that works for some auto shippers. Hmmmm......

If you can find a truck, rent a trailer.:cool:

It would be too cool to have it shipped and fly into Durango. Kind of pricy but cool!:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks