Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Those of us that went on the trail ride may remember Thursday July 20th. After going up Poughkeepsie gulch we were descending toward Silverton. We went by Gold King Mine on our left. Water was running out the mine, through pipes into several pools on our right that were lined with plastic. Workers were trying to clean the mine waste.
This Wednesday, less than one week after we were in the area ( I swear this is just a coincidence ) the toxic water in those pools broke free and flowed into the creek and then into the Animas river.
AR-150809861.jpg%26ExactW%3D620

And I have a picture from the same location taken a couple of years ago except the water is turquoise blue.
67BakersBridge.jpg

Here's the full story: The Durango Herald 08/06/2015 | Catastrophe on the Animas

Last edited:
Here's another teaser Hedge...

Sunrise in Yankee Boy Basin

9815b0e128401ee2f7cd064b8140a857.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those of us that went on the trail ride may remember Thursday July 20th. After going up Poughkeepsie gulch we were descending toward Silverton. We went by Gold King Mine on our left. Water was running out the mine, through pipes into several pools on our right that were lined with plastic. Workers were trying to clean the mine waste.
This Wednesday, less than one week after we were in the area ( I swear this is just a coincidence ) the toxic water in those pools broke free and flowed into the creek and then into the Animas river.
AR-150809861.jpg%26ExactW%3D620

And I have a picture from the same location taken a couple of years ago except the water is turquoise blue.
67BakersBridge.jpg

Here's the full story: The Durango Herald 08/06/2015 | Catastrophe on the Animas
Hard to believe it was so beautiful just a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a story about this in the news this last week. Is there anything new? What's the long term situation? Does it look worse than it is ... and it looks VERY bad.

Yeah, that made the evening news out my way. Dave, I also was hoping for a full run report though.

There was a story about this in the news this last week. Is there anything new? What's the long term situation? Does it look worse than it is ... and it looks VERY bad.

Yeah, that made the evening news out my way. Dave, I also was hoping for a full run report though.

They have been taking samples but they still don't know the long term affect. They put caged fish in the river at different locations. Yesterday they said "only one died".

We'll have a full trail report in a few days.

Well this story has made it to the top of Fox News, CNN, USA Today and MSNBC... 3 million gallons...wow.

I now own a tow vehicle and my front end is put back together on the Jeep.

Ready for the 6th annual Colorado Jeep-CJ trail ride!

Although please NOT the week of July 24-31!!!

I now own a tow vehicle and my front end is put back together on the Jeep.

Ready for the 6th annual Colorado Jeep-CJ trail ride!

Although please NOT the week of July 24-31!!!

How about mid-August? I prefer to go late to avoid the crowds but this year wasn't too bad. Some people have said they wouldn't be able to go late August because of school.

Mid August would work. Kids start school usually the last week of August.

Yes, a little later would work great. Hopefully after peak season when the crowds taper off and the lodging prices drop a little.

Found this....

8c14990cf944ca7b029ac2b033a9f32d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks