Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
The tj I rented is a 14 year old jeep that had already seen body damage, with small boloney skin street tires. This was a true stock open/open low rider, even came with a receiver hitch to rake in all the loose rocks and gravel as I drove along, came with mud flaps as well. There was a reason why the company chose not to put their rental sticker on this one.

I had permission to do black bear pass so how could they say no to Poughkeepsie.

The last day the starter didn't work for me so I just parked on a hill to jump start it so that wasn't an issue, plus I was warned a head of time about this.

That said, I had a blast, the jeep took a thrashing, and still took me where I wanted to go. You should see how shinny the underbelly is now, I must have shaved off 2 pounds of steel. :D
2 lbs? I think there is at least an extra 1" of clearance due to shaved metal and lost weight! Posi made this a truly enjoyable spectators sport.:popcorn: It didn't hurt that he is also a very skilled off road driver. I will be posting a link to the YouTube video soon. (if that's OK with you Posi)

2 lbs? I think there is at least an extra 1" of clearance due to shaved metal and lost weight! Posi made this a truly enjoyable spectators sport.:popcorn: It didn't hurt that he is also a very skilled off road driver. I will be posting a link to the YouTube video soon. (if that's OK with you Posi)

Haha, thanks for the kind words. Sure on the posting.

I was talking to my cousin telling him that you were already a good over the road driver, and all you needed was some offroad seat time. I believe that time came after a day on Poughkeesie, you did an excellent job!

Everyone there push themselves, Bill D took on more and more obstacles by the day getting over every one that he tried. Oldjeeplady forged well on a deep water crossing, Kerry got over the hump by doing Black Bear, Dave is a good, and experienced wheeler, likewise fish and chips.

We got home LATE Sunday night. We stopped in Manitou Springs for the kids to eat at Hell's Kitchen Pizza and play at the huge outdoor arcade, then headed out again Sunday for two grueling days on the road. The wind whipped us around pretty good through Kansas.

Here's another teaser...

7b7d788c4f8a81054c7465a7cc6c80bc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you imagine how much this trip would cost without digital photography? You would end up spending as much on film developing as you did on gas!!:D

007 - Lovely picture. So many images seem to be all about dirt, rocks and steep slopes. There's really nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to see some green too.

Can you imagine how much this trip would cost without digital photography? You would end up spending as much on film developing as you did on gas!!:D

Yep, and I've got all those photos from the trips we made there in 1972, 1976, 1985, 1986, 1990, 2008 to prove it. Roll after roll of 35mm film.
I think we kept Photomat in business for a while there.

I did shoot a roll of Velvia 50 up in Yankee Boy.... I'll have more Yankee Boy photos up later in the trip report and a couple of GoPro videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pulling wire for a couple from Texas.

ouray38_zpsxz1d3jzz.png

007 - Lovely picture. So many images seem to be all about dirt, rocks and steep slopes. There's really nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to see some green too.
Such as a green Jeep? Hope to see you next year Hedgehog. :chug:

So do I. Was extremely disappointed not to make it this year. A good run was made at it though. I might be more inclined to enjoy the green because we don't see much of it here in the Desert Southwest, we do get plenty of opportunity to see rocks and bare dirt.

Last edited:
ouray%20BB%20pass%20sign_zpstayekslp.png

So do I. Was extremely disappointed not to make it this year. A good run was made at it though. I might be more inclined to enjoy the green because we don't see much of it here in the Desert Southwest, we do get plenty of opportunity to see rocks and bare dirt.

You'll see A LOT of green...on you way up beyond the timber line - then you just look down on it...:D

Yankee Boy Basin, Governor's Basin, Imogene Pass and Corkscrew Gulch have plenty of green, it'll take your breath away in places.

ouray%203_zps40xzch8v.png

Nice hat Posi. Disguising yourself since you were the only one in a Wrangler was pure genius. Taking time to learn the piano was above and beyond. :D

The crowd tipped generously, and the management agreed to pay my airfare, and jeep rental if I play for them again next year. :D

Okay folks, it's been long enough to recover from your trip(s). We need the opportunity to live vicariously through your experiences. We (I) need pictures, stories, impressions, a running dialog from the trip. Tell us about the triumphs, the failures, the surprises. I can't speak for the others, but I need to absorb (maybe assimilate) your trip experiences and make them part of me. Lately life can use a bit of an uplift.

We have an trip thread scheduled. My husband is a regional otr trucker and he needs to be home. Sorry you are having bad times. I hope things go better for you. We really appreciate the interest and patience. Thanks again.

Sorry, not really whining and a lot of folks have it MUCH worse than I do. No sir I can't really complain. It's just enjoyable to read and see what guys do on these trips. My post was supposed to be a little funny and prompt a thread or two. When I was arranging a hunt on Predator Masters it was easy to do an after hunt sit down and relax period, only to find far to much time has passed. Done that and been there.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks