Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• I am 80% sure I will make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
I'm still hoping to have one of my CJs trail worthy for this year's trek into the Rockies, but who knows with life always seeming to get in the way of me wanting to have fun, LOL!

I've recently been leaning towards the CJ5 for the trip, it already has a Detroit locker in the back and one piece axles and lockouts at all four corners so I could flat tow it to CO, from here...or drive it! (any prizes for farthest traveled??:D) It's a manual 3 speed and Dana 20 behind a 232, pretty much stock power wise, and I do have a 4" lift for it and can fit it with either 33" all terrains or even 35" mud terrains if I want, buuuut, it is all manual drum brakes and steering right now, so could be interesting trying to navigate... :D

The other option is my 360 powered CJ7, but behind the 360 is a stock driveline with a no low range qtrack and 35" tires...I can hear my axles breaking from my recliner, LOL!

32SilvertonampAnvilMtLarge_zpsa136dc1e.jpg
The 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride is just the end of next month. Who's coming? Alpha6? TinMedic? Niedhogg? IO you're still coming aren't you?

If I am alive I will be there.:D

32SilvertonampAnvilMtLarge_zpsa136dc1e.jpg
The 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride is just the end of next month. Who's coming? Alpha6? TinMedic? Niedhogg? IO you're still coming aren't you?

Hoping to get there. I have my FSJ trail week in July so I will see how the money looks after that.

everything that has to be done is. I am ready for the trip. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Things like radios and cup holders, arm rests and consoles.:D

Just put in for leave, one step closer.

Just put in for leave, one step closer.
Good to hear. It'll be a good time:chug: PM me your cell number.
What about Dan? I mean djohnbb62.I'll have to PM him to see if he's coming this year.

Make your resurvations at either the Canyon View Motel or the Red Mountain Motel, Cabins, RV Park
I am staying at the Red Mountain Cabins. These are right across the street from each other. Red Mountain Cabins on the right and Canyon View on the left. They are at the very beginning of town.

I think I am staying at the canyon view, I guess I had better check that.:D

Good to hear. It'll be a good time:chug: PM me your cell number.
What about Dan? I mean djohnbb62.I'll have to PM him to see if he's coming this year.

Make your resurvations at either the Canyon View Motel or the Red Mountain Motel, Cabins, RV Park
I am staying at the Red Mountain Cabins. These are right across the street from each other. Red Mountain Cabins on the right and Canyon View on the left. They are at the very beginning of town.

Is CJ going to make it this year?

Will be booking at Canyon View since its cheaper. :D

Well, I'm going to try again. going to see what I got saved up. Installing new lockers and gears in axles so we will see, after all I still owe you a bottle! 3rd times a charm.

insurance_pictures_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm going to try again. going to see what I got saved up. Installing new lockers and gears in axles so we will see, after all I still owe you a bottle! 3rd times a charm.
Hope to see you there, Ken.
:chug:
It's only 5 weeks away! :banana::dbanana::banana:

I'm out. Destroyed my np229 on the waggy at Ouray this week so money will be going into that instead. :mad:

I went out and bought a bigger truck to tow the CJ with. A V8 Tundra should be able to handle the mountains better than the 4cyl. Tacoma did.:D

It's about 12 days away!
Is everyone coming?
How about you, DirtyCJ? Are you going to make it?

:banana::dbanana::banana:

I will be there. need to mount the spare tire put the roof on and finish the console/ radios and load it on the trailer.

Get it together guys! Hey! it's a PARTY!!!:banana::banana::punk::punk::driving::driving::dbanana::bounce::grinjeep:

I installed my new Uniden Bearcat 580 CB. Now I'm ready for the Jeep-CJ trail ride.
This is going to be a good time!

Last edited:
One week from today we will be arriving in Silverton Colorado.

I am staying at Red Mountains Cabins. They are about the first business in Silverton, on the right. They have a picnic type area we can use for grilling. I think I will bring some steaks.

redmtn.jpg

Actually this is my first time staying here. I have stayed in Ouray but I always drive home from Silverton (it's 45 miles). It'll be good comparing it to Ouray.

One week from tomorrow we will be having our first trail ride in the mountains over Silverton.

Whoever is not there will be wishing they were.
:punk::banana::D
We'll keep you posted with trail reports.

Last edited:
Dave, just send in the pics and say you all had a great time, you don't have to rub it in to the guys who can't make it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom