Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• I am 80% sure I will make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Yes he does, I will see to it.:D

Dave, just send in the pics and say you all had a great time, you don't have to rub it in to the guys who can't make it.

Im with you. If I could get ahold of a Moderater on this board Id have him delete this whole thread. :laugh:

Dave, just send in the pics and say you all had a great time, you don't have to rub it in to the guys who can't make it.

I

AM

SO

JEALOUS!

:chug:

Im with you. If I could get ahold of a Moderater on this board Id have him delete this whole thread. :laugh:

:laugh:
I

AM

SO

JEALOUS!

What do you say Pete? Think we can make it next year?

It would take you around 30 hrs or so, It'll only take me around 18-20...

We can make it man...
:cool:

~ Jr

Dave, IO, Denise and I will see you Sunday.

I will be there "sometime" on Sunday.

Dan, you need a day off during the week,:D

It'll be good seeing you guys again. Call me when you arrive. :chug:
Here's our tentative plans:
Monday 26th - Minnie and Maggie Gulches.
Tuesday 27th - Corkscrew Pass, Engineer Pass
Wednesday 28th - Black Bear Pass
Thursday 29th - Hurricane Pass and California Pass and then over Cinnamon Pass.
Friday 30th - Poughkeepsie Gulch?

As I've always said I want feedback from the participants. Arrival day Sunday we can talk about the options over a beer or two.
If we go over Black Bear Pass Wednesday we could take Ophir Pass to get back to Silverton. Taking Imogene Pass would be a long day (as Larry knows)
How about Friday? Feel like taking on Poughkeepsie Gulch? Otherwise we could go over Cinnamon Pass.

Im still a bit upset with myself over missing Natural Bridge Ky. I fooled myself into thinking Id get the Laredo ,add a couple things and be able to wheel it 700 or so miles away within a couple weeks.

I havent even wheeled it in my home state yet. :( I dont want to disapoint myself or anyone else again.

We can make it man...

~ Jr

Pete, I think you and I should try to make it next year. :chug:
I've been wanting to go but something always takes my money or vacation time before it happens.:mad:

I

AM

SO

JEALOUS!

We can make it man...

~ Jr

I've been wanting to go but something always takes my money or vacation time before it happens.:mad:
I'd really like to have all you guys up here next year. That will be the last year of the Colorado Jeep-CJ trail ride and I hope it will be a big one.
It would really be cool if CJ could make it up here. He's always talking about it but could never come. I could kick Koda out of the passenger seat and let CJ ride with me.

Map quest says 32 hours and 9 minutes to Durango.I dont want to hear anyone bitch if Im late. :)

We can make it man...

~ Jr

My point exactly. Id have to cancel family vacation and take 2 weeks off in a row for this one. Then its just a 2038 mile trip in the Cj. ;)

Way to up the ante Dave. :rolleyes:

I'd really like to have all you guys up here next year. That will be the last year of the Colorado Jeep-CJ trail ride and I hope it will be a big one.
It would really be cool if CJ could make it up here. He's always talking about it but could never come. I could kick Koda out of the passenger seat and let CJ ride with me.

Only 1460 mi. and 24 hr. for me. :D

Just head due west, into the sunset, then turn right at the rocky mountains.

can't miss it.:cool:

Anxious for the trail ride.
Every day this week has been like a Friday.

So the plan is to meet at Handlebars Restaurant in Silverton on Sunday. When? 6:00? Larry, give me a call Sunday to let us know if you'll be there on time.
Have a safe trip.

I got the console with the CB in it and maybe working, couldn't find anybody for a radio check.

So the Jeep is "ready" and with luck I will be out of Dallas co. by noon tomorrow. Just need to pack and load and chain and strap and maybe even sleep a little.

Did we ever get a body count for this exercise? So far I just see you, me and Dan. :cool:

The adventure begins, see you on Sunday.

'Well', Dave.....The reply is 'deep subject'. That's how it goes. I will not be making it out there this year. The pockets aren't deep enough. New tranny and gears and locker set me back a little too far. Next year for sure! I care about you guys and I hope all will be safe, as I understand a tropical depression is heading first my way-then yours. It will be awesome!!! Great trails you guys- post the pics - Ken W.

Well, it looks like it'll just be me, IO, Dan and Denise.
Ken, you'll have to make it to next years trail ride. I hope to get a crowd for the last one.

locked, cocked and ready to rock.

This will be my last post for a while, see y'all in a week or so.

Be jealous, be very jealous.:cool:

Alright, my new goal for the CJ is to make this event next year. Gives me time to get everything buttoned down and something to aim for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

An important point to this trail ride is to come up with plans for the Last Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ.com trail ride. I want next year to be the biggest and best. I wont go over the specific list of members I hope to show up next year but I expect some to come becouse they are nearby. I hope some, very active Jeep-Cj members, will make it too. (I don't want to mention any names because I would hate to put Pete, Paul, JR and Nick on the spot) but I would love to have you guys here next year. Yes I know it would be a major road trip getting your CJs here to Colorado. And of course CJ has got to make it out here. We talk about it often but he has never been able to come. He promised me he will be here next year.

I also want to decide what trails are the best and what trails could be skipped next year. The best trails are not always difficult. There are some mild trails that are beautiful and really get you deep into the mountains. I've always said I want to pick trails that can be accomplished in a stock CJ.

This year we will be going over some different trails. Black Bear Pass is a must do but I think we may come back over Ophir pass.
We have never gone into American Basin yet but we will this year.
865_AmericanBasinCJ5Large.jpg
American Basin
Should we go into Cottonwood Creek Valley next year?
50CottonwoodValleysouthofHandiesPkLarge.jpg
Cottonwood Creek Valley
That's remote and a bit of a drive in 4WD.

This year we will use Silverton as our base camp.
BottomoftheBarrel_zpsc5f2e458.jpg
Cool little town but it's very small.
Silverton is very close to lots of mountain trails. For that reason I like Silverton as the base. On the other hand Ouray is close to lots of the more famous (must do) trails such as Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass and Governor Basin. Ouray also has more (and better) restaurants.

I really plan on next year being the best Jeep-CJ trail ride and hope it gets a great turnout.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom