Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• I am 80% sure I will make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Is the date for next year going to be Labor Day weekend as well? I want to make sure I have it on my calendar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Tentatively I am thinking the week before Labor day. Aug. 25 to 29
I will start a thread early next year.
:chug:

Last edited:
On the other hand Ouray is close to lots of the more famous (must do) trails such as Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass and Governor Basin. Ouray also has more (and better) restaurants.

And don't forget, the subject of many C.W.McCall songs and album covers.:D

And don't forget, the subject of many C.W.McCall songs and album covers.:D
True
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Actually we can take Black Bear Pass regardless of our base being in Silverton or Ouray.
This year we may take Ophir Pass to get back to Silverton.
When we stay in Ouray it's best to take Imogene Pass which drops you off right in Ouray.

Well, the jeep's all loaded up. I'm heading out now. I'll post a trail report when I get back.

Have a great time, be safe, and take lots of pics to allow us to daydream.

Perhaps I've missed the answer to this...but why is next year the "last" Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride?

Perhaps I've missed the answer to this...but why is next year the "last" Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride?

I was wondering the same thing.

Lack of participation.
I put up a poll and it always looks like lots of people plan on coming. In the end I have never had more than 2 jeeps follow me over the trails.

I hear a lot of people saying "one of these years I'll go on the Jeep-cj trail ride". If I do this one more time I might be able to get a good turnout.

Last edited:
Lack of participation.
I put up a poll and it always looks like lots of people plane on coming. In the end I have never had more than 2 jeeps follow me over the trails.

I hear a lot of people saying "one of these years I'll go on the Jeep-cj trail ride". If I do this one more time I might be able to get a good turnout.

I may not make the whole week, but I will try to make part next year. You do any runs in the summer? I ask because I teach and have all the hot months off.

I may not make the whole week, but I will try to make part next year. You do any runs in the summer? I ask because I teach and have all the hot months off.
When do you start teaching? The snow on some of these trails doesn't melt until early July.

When do you start teaching? The snow on some of these trails doesn't melt until early July.

I always have June, July, and the first half of August off. I spend about a month a year up in Red River NM. I'm adding a Howell TBI to my Jeep this year to make altitude less of an issue for the CJ.

I always have June, July, and the first half of August off. I spend about a month a year up in Red River NM. I'm adding a Howell TBI to my Jeep this year to make altitude less of an issue for the CJ.
The snow on the higher mountain passes usually doesn't melt until the beginning of July. Then after the 4th the rainy season starts and doesn't stop until mid or late August.
This year the snow melted early and I could have had the trail rides in late June but you never know.

Lack of participation.
I put up a poll and it always looks like lots of people plane on coming. In the end I have never had more than 2 jeeps follow me over the trails.

Its pretty much the same thing even when you are in a Jeep Club.

Last edited:
Awesome looking country Dave! Thanks for sharing.

Nice trail report, looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

We had a good time again. Even with the tank problem. Thanks Dave

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom