Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• I am 80% sure I will make it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
I hear you loud and clear on this one. Dave really knows how to sell this ride too , with all those great pics he posts. Its just tough to make something like this to work for the distance away it is. :(

Believe me, I've seen it. These are like the quintessential wilderness trails to me. These are some of the trails I used to read about in FourWheeler mag as a kid in the 70's. They're like the Rubicon. If I could go I'd be there. Well.... except for Black Bear Pass. Just pictures of those switchbacks give me the willies. Some things have grey areas, that mountainside to me is pretty black and white. You don't go off the road "a little" on that road.
Besides the Jeep still being in pieces, Pa. is mighty far away. But should I win the lottery..... I'm there dude!:drool:

I hear you loud and clear on this one. Dave really knows how to sell this ride too , with all those great pics he posts. Its just tough to make something like this to work for the distance away it is. :(

Ssshhhh....listen Pete. Hear that? It's the mountains calling to ya....I mean come on...it's the mountains Pete. How can you ignore that? ;) Peteeee....Peteeeeeeee...

I hear plenty of voices , trust me. :D
Ssshhhh....listen Pete. Hear that? It's the mountains calling to ya....I mean come on...it's the mountains Pete. How can you ignore that? ;) Peteeee....Peteeeeeeee...

If someone can get me a winning lottery ticket for a couple million, I'll buy a trailer and haul both mine and Pete's Jeeps out....... next year. Mines not gettin' assembled that quick!:D

Hey Dave, I want to change the subject just a little.

Who do we know that is close to the Rubicon?? every time I look at the map I see that by the time I get to Durango I am half way to California.

you ever think about the Rubicon trail?:D

you know, next year or the year after?:cool:

every time I look at the map I see that by the time I get to Durango I am half way to California.

I would LOVE to take the Rubicon Trail but everytime I look at the Rubicon Trail I think that's as far away as Texas!

Who do we know that is close to the Rubicon??

That would be awesome! Doesent Hole and BajaEdition live in southern California? By the way where's BajaEdition been? Actually The Rubicon is central Cal. I don't know who lives near there. JR lives near the coast. He's about the closest I know of. I think he's been there. Didn't he have a post about it?
Boy that's a long way from Durango. Over 1000 miles. About 16 hour drive. Yes, maybe the year after next year's subsequent trip after the next.

I would LOVE to take the Rubicon Trail but everytime I look at the Rubicon Trail I think that's as far away as Texas!

I guess it is. Google maps puts Durango at 999 miles from Madisonville, TX. That's the short route!

I would love to join yall some day, but now is not the time.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Yep, Lake Tahoe is almost exactly twice as far from me as Durango Co.

wonder what it would cost to have the CJ shipped to Tahoe and back so I could just get a TSA cavity search rather than have to drive for 3 or four days.:laugh:

that trip would cost about $1000 just for the Gasoline, 3 or four extra hotel nights. shipping could actually be fairly cost effective but I have to have someone at the other end to pick me up at the airport and take the CJ off the transport.:cool:

OK I will quit hijacking this thread but if some one in the Rubicon neighborhood wants to have the first annual Jeep CJ .com Rubicon trail ride I want to hear about it. And if anybody has experience with shipping vehicles send me a PM.:cool:

Moab is a thought too, I just don't want to do it with 25000 of my closest friends .:D

Okay then let me change my offer. If someone can get me that winning ticket for at least 5 million, I'll drop ship everyone's Jeep to Georgetown for the Rubicon. Now who's got access to those tickets?

reservations made at the Canyon view, almost let that slip my mind. that is a pretty short fall, by the way.:D

The t-18 will have to wait for next year but I have power brakes and power steering. That is no small accomplishment.:cool:

Im wondering which of these your going to enjoy more. Its hard to bet against the Power steering but with those mountains Id want all the barake I could get as well. :D

I have power brakes and power steering. That is no small accomplishment.:cool:

Power brakes are over rated :p

2012_0411Pictures0002.jpg

Just to bump this thread here is what the 3rd Annual Colorado Trail Ride will be like. Tuesday August 27th we will be going over Black Bear Pass.
BlackBearJeep.jpg
I know some of you may be hesatant to take this trail. The ledges are not as bad as some make them out to be. The above picture is said to be Black Bear Pass but is actually a Photoshoped Warn ad.

This trail has great views. Here I am parked overlooking the town of Telluride.
4_cj_on_the_edge.jpg

Here's picture member 007 took of the Black Bear trail as it descends.
11355d1347331408-2nd-annual-colorado-jeep-cj-com-trail-report-bb-pass.jpg

The yellow part is one way.
Here's a pic outside my jeep door as I am on Black Bear Pass.
1000_foot_drop_at_black_bear.jpg

Check out this link of the 2nd Annual Jeep-CJ trail Ride and the day we went over Black Bear Pass: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f63/2nd-annual-colorado-jeep-cj-com-trail-report-15621/#post125374

day2-015_koda_over_red_mountain_pass.jpg

Once we get into Telluride we will be taking Imogene Pass to get back.
This next picture shows Telluride. We will be taking the trail I marked with red arrows.
attachment.php

Imogene Pass Trail is long. Imogene Pass is at the top of the mountains beyond where the tram cable crosses the horizon of mountain tops.
This will be a long day.
464_on_top_of_the_world.jpg

For more info and pics of Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass check out this link: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f63/black-bear-imogene-passes-6540/

Join us for the 3rd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride. The more the merrier.
:chug:

Attachments

• Telluride-Tram.jpg
    Telluride-Tram.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,744

Who do we know that is close to the Rubicon?? every time I look at the map I see that by the time I get to Durango I am half way to California.

:)IO.........the Rubicon although challenging is constantly changing. The State of California watches and maintains the trails as do a few Jeep clubs and has as they did last year push fill and rocks into areas that were really tough & rutted and changed the technical aspect of the trail although there are detours around the tough sections.
Its about 80 miles east of Sacramento on Hiway 50 and about 40 miles from the Tahoe side to either Wentworth springs or the Loon lake trail head. The trail is about 22 miles long with restrictions whereby you can camp almost anywhere but the vehicles are held to strict restrictions to stay within 50 ft or so of the trail the whole length. With a group takes about 2-3 days although with a few Jeeps and no traffic one could go through there in a day. There is Private Property along the route also with some beautiful lakes........ Timing is important as remember in California there are a lot of people. Most of the Jeep clubs kinda reserve a weekend or at least let others know so that it is not crowded. The EarlyCJ5.net group headed up by Posimoto who is also a member here is taking a group of 27 and counting Jeepers thru on 7-14 thru 7-17.........I have been through there twice years back and would love to do it again once my old 65 CJ is running again.............For such a long trip perhaps some might want to include another trip with the Rubicon trip......just a thought.
I'll send him a PM on the other site and see if perhaps next year he would like to include some of the folks from this site.
Pretty place and all and no question a place where a guy with a Jeep that loves the outdoors should put on his list.........Not taking anything away from the Dave Busa trip and it's scenery and volume of passes and trails is also another trip that should be on everyone's list.
:D:D:D:D

Dave,

I wonder if most of the members here just haven't seen this! Do we want to see about making a "site announcement" with CJ?

I can't believe more people / member would not want to go!

I can't wait until my CJ is ready...

Then I'm going to grab Coldair on the way through with his CJ, and we'll be there!

But, it just wont be this year...

soon... :cool::cool::rolleyes:

~ Jr

Ya get your CJ rebuilt we need to go to next years trip!!! I know mine will be done :confused: well are Cj's ever finished. (Let's just say mine will move under its own power)

I live in Sacramento, Ca (well Elk Grove) so I'm about 2-3 hours (in the CJ) from the trail head of the Rubicon trail. :cool:

:)IO.........the Rubicon although challenging is constantly changing. The State of California watches and maintains the trails as do a few Jeep clubs and has as they did last year push fill and rocks into areas that were really tough & rutted and changed the technical aspect of the trail although there are detours around the tough sections.
Its about 80 miles east of Sacramento on Hiway 50 and about 40 miles from the Tahoe side to either Wentworth springs or the Loon lake trail head. The trail is about 22 miles long with restrictions whereby you can camp almost anywhere but the vehicles are held to strict restrictions to stay within 50 ft or so of the trail the whole length. With a group takes about 2-3 days although with a few Jeeps and no traffic one could go through there in a day. There is Private Property along the route also with some beautiful lakes........ Timing is important as remember in California there are a lot of people. Most of the Jeep clubs kinda reserve a weekend or at least let others know so that it is not crowded. The EarlyCJ5.net group headed up by Posimoto who is also a member here is taking a group of 27 and counting Jeepers thru on 7-14 thru 7-17.........I have been through there twice years back and would love to do it again once my old 65 CJ is running again.............For such a long trip perhaps some might want to include another trip with the Rubicon trip......just a thought.
I'll send him a PM on the other site and see if perhaps next year he would like to include some of the folks from this site.
Pretty place and all and no question a place where a guy with a Jeep that loves the outdoors should put on his list.........Not taking anything away from the Dave Busa trip and it's scenery and volume of passes and trails is also another trip that should be on everyone's list.
:D:D:D:D

Terry is absolutely correct. Either a nice scenic camp along trip, or a plan of a few surrounding trails such as hell hole, and few others.

Ya get your CJ rebuilt we need to go to next years trip!!! I know mine will be done :confused: well are Cj's ever finished. (Let's just say mine will move under its own power)

lol... we'll see if everything goes as planned the end of this year! With any luck, I'll be a lot more set up and ready, though as you say never finished!

__

Back on topic, I'd love to host a trip! However I need a few more trips under my belt, as well as some reliability with my rig before I'd be comfortable saying, "come on down, I'll get you through!" :cool:

I'm really contemplating wanting to make the Colorado Trip with Dave next year. Even if not a jeep-cj trip, It's just one oof those "things I have to do" kinda trips! I'd head right by Coldair's house so I can pressure him along. :D

If everything goes right with the build this winter, I'll think about the Rubicon trail ride hosting.

Back to regularly scheduled programming :notworthy: :D

~ Jr

JR, thanks for making that offer, I set around here and :drool: over Daves pic's
and wish I had the money to go. Now you make it even worse with a Rubicon trip.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom