Planning the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride

Will you attend the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride
What 007 said
The time I flew into Durango I missed renting a $40 a day new Wrangler by 30 mins, someone grabbed it before I landed. This was at the airport rental and they don't let you reserve a specific model.

Albuquerque I rented a car at the airport for $13 a day and headed out to Ouray.

IMG_0820_zpscbdbc1f6.png

IMG_0819_zps1672527e.png

IMG_0818_zps2c43ffb8.png

What 007 said
The time I flew into Durango I missed renting a $40 a day new Wrangler by 30 mins, someone grabbed it before I landed. This was at the airport rental and they don't let you reserve a specific model.

Albuquerque I rented a car at the airport for $13 a day and headed out to Ouray.

Wow haven't see $13 a day in 40 years. Back when rent-a-dog was in business

It took awhile, but we found a room with a liberal cancellation policy for a good price. We will be able to leave our truck and trailer there until we get back from Black Bear. It's in Ouray, so we will have to be up bright and early to head over to Telluride and hook up with everyone.

It took awhile, but we found a room with a liberal cancellation policy for a good price. We will be able to leave our truck and trailer there until we get back from Black Bear. It's in Ouray, so we will have to be up bright and early to head over to Telluride and hook up with everyone.

I’ll be in town Saturday night as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back on the 4th Colorado Trail Ride I took a back seat in 007 and Bass/Oldjeeplady’s Jeep/Explorer. I wasn’t able to bring my CJ that year and they were kind enough to let me join them. Last year CJ rode gun with Dave and shooby.

If interested there may be an open seat, heck if there is a seat open I’ll take it for a few hours and you can wheel my Jeep. Just saying.
Had a great time with Shooby (good singer and great guitar mongrol.) And Dave was nice enough to let me stay at his place and then take me to the airport.

If you can go, please do so - the best people!

55c47cc28428029d05c652393185c969.jpg

If you can go, please do so - the best people!

CJs right. Their one of the best bunch of people to wheel with that I've ever been with.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Good Morning all!

So to catch up some...

Sunday 8/4 you're thinking of running blackbear backwards. So couple questions:

1 - is there still room? My Uncle and his wife will be in his orange CJ5. I'll be in my CJ5, and my brother is planning to bring his newly built TJ. If there is a Rig limit, we can adjust for this run, if even still room.

2 - What are the times we're thinking of meeting in Telluride? We would be staying in Ouray with motorhomes, so thinking we'd be in the 5AM +/- leaving Ouray crew to drive to Telluride Sunday morning and meet everyone wherever.

Either way, we're going to be there again for the 8/5 - 8/9 festivities!

Planning to get into Ouray early Saturday morning at this point to have time to tinker with the jeeps (set carbs & timing, install rear driveshaft, etc)

:chug:

Yes there is room. Anyone and everyone can come. If there are any limitations we won’t know until April but that’s plenty of time to change reservations.
The Sunday morning before the Black Bear run we will all meet at the parking at the bottom of BB trail at 7:00 sharp. Early is ok but if you are late you may not be able to come.

We're still deciding to do this or our own thing on Sunday and check out the town a bit... Either way, we're planning to arrive to Ouray Saturday 8/3 and will catch up with you all when we can. Need to make reservations still for the campground... hopefully no issues there.

We're still deciding to do this or our own thing on Sunday and check out the town a bit... Either way, we're planning to arrive to Ouray Saturday 8/3 and will catch up with you all when we can. Need to make reservations still for the campground... hopefully no issues there.

One thing to remember to is that you could be back in Ouray by 11 AM to 12 PM on Sunday if you do the black bear run.

Well - the one we stayed in last time was booked - we got into the KOA north of Ouray - filling up fast - should have booked sooner...

Anyways - booked now!

Good to hear!

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Well - the one we stayed in last time was booked - we got into the KOA north of Ouray - filling up fast - should have booked sooner...

Anyways - booked now!

We stayed there two years ago, very quiet, great sleep. Breakfast was a good adventure.

We changed plans to leave a day earlier than we had planned for so we can do the backwards Black Bear run. Looking forward to the trip!

Update for Black Bear Pass in reverse direction.

I have received approval from San Miguel County and the US Forestry Service to let us run Black Bear pass in reverse. Normally there is $145 fee but since our trail ride is non-profit they will waive the fee. Other groups charge participants and have to pay the fee. I have one more document to fill out and sign this week but we are good to go.

We are Limited to 15 vehicles. I told them we should have about ten jeeps. Who plans on coming over BB? Please post or contact me so I can get a more accurate number. They are asking for the number of vehicles and participants.

We'll be doing this Sunday August 4th. We'll leave Telluride at 7:00 AM sharp. Do not be late or you probably won't be able to join us. The Wild Bunch Four Wheel Club from Montrose CO will also be running BB in reverse in 2 groups of 15 the same day. Their groups will be leaving 15 and 30 minutes before us. I talked to Perry Reed who will be organizing the Wild Bunch. They use this as a fund raising event. They will provide a sign they will be post at highway 550 to prevent traffic in the usual direction. They will also have an attendant at the top of Black Bear pass. It was good to hear that they will take on those 2 responsibilities.

Well done Dave, well done!!
In for BBB
Driver and passenger

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks