Build Thread Pete's Virginia Farm Find

Make sure the WP is the correct rotation.
What's the history on this Jeep? I did see DOD decals on the fender.
Yeah-That foot area looks like mine-Mine is a 'desert-jeep'.
Is it a repaint?
LG

This was in the wooden console between the seats. I never had a Cj with music in it. Checked it out and yup it actually works. So did the fuel gauge and the windshield washer pump. Rare that either works more or less both.

IMG_20170121_161357747_zpsf2vejj4e.jpg

The lift gate is a bit rusty but still functional. This shot you can see the taillight panels that will need replaced.

IMG_20170121_160845218_zpszkilvcwf.jpg

This pic shows the small spacer that hardtop Jeeps came with. I only saw one in a picture before now.

IMG_20170121_161235212_zpstevrwyec.jpg

If you want the windshield washer to keep work'n. Only use distilled water with the glass cleaner.
IIRC: I think the HT only came with one.
LG

Make sure the WP is the correct rotation.
What's the history on this Jeep? I did see DOD decals on the fender.
Yeah-That foot area looks like mine-Mine is a 'desert-jeep'.
Is it a repaint?
LG

They always ask serpentine or v belt when i grab a water pump. The Cj was in the same family since new. Dad drove it awhile then relegated it to farm duty. The son got it and put the lift and tires on it. He works for the DOD. Its original paint. There are some touch ups he applied when spots got thin. I bought it from his son

Another awesome thing , it came with the factory service manual. Now I'm understand why people keep saying to grab one

another awesome thing , it came with the factory service manual. Now i'm understand why people keep saying to grab one

Yup- :D

CK the impeller on the pump you bought. Make sure there isn't an 'R' stamped on it.
They get miss-boxed all the time. :rolleyes:
Also-the engine picture you post'd. Move the fuel filter return line to the 12 O'clock position.

LG

Last edited:
Looks really good, Pete. I'm really happy for you and Vicki with the Jeeps you have now. Good luck with the minor repairs needed.

The next couple pics are of the seats. This Jeep isn't a Laredo but the seats are that style. The driver's side bottom is worn but the rest look great. I'll be searching for a good bottom for my driver's seat.

IMG_20170121_161223877_zpsszd4vto2.jpg

IMG_20170121_160944726_zps81fddeee.jpg
I am loving all the pictures.

Just saying, I would be glad to place my bottom in the drivers seat anytime. Ha Ha

Yup- :D

CK the impeller on the pump you bought. Make sure there isn't an 'R' stamped on it.
They get miss-boxed all the time. :rolleyes:
Also-the engine picture you post'd. Move the fuel filter return line to the 12 O'clock position.

LG

Will do. Good catch on the fuel filter. I missed that.

Last edited:
Looks really good, Pete. I'm really happy for you and Vicki with the Jeeps you have now. Good luck with the minor repairs needed.

Let's just hope they stay minor.

I am loving all the pictures.

Just saying, I would be glad to place my bottom in the drivers seat anytime. Ha Ha

Ha ha maybe one day. Finally got my 4th week of vacation this year. This year is kinda screwy for any trips though.

Last edited:
Looks great Pete! Will keep eye on this one - great find!

:popcorn:

:chug:

Looks great Pete! Will keep eye on this one - great find!

:popcorn:

:chug:

For now I'll get her safe and reliable then we'll get to upgrades. Still have the other Cj coming , moving and paying all the bills during March when I'm laid off. Then hopefully a good Summer worth of camping.

I never had a Cj with music in it. Checked it out and yup it actually works. So did the fuel gauge and the windshield washer pump. Rare that either works more or less both.

Haha, same here, and I was just as surprised when I found a working stereo in the 71 I purchased last Oct. Fuel gauge, and washer pump work as well.

I'm sure you know who much a set of those seats go for that are in your Jeep. Nice CJ!

Haha, same here, and I was just as surprised when I found a working stereo in the 71 I purchased last Oct. Fuel gauge, and washer pump work as well.

I'm sure you know who much a set of those seats go for that are in your Jeep. Nice CJ!

Yeah I was curious about them at first then found out their 1980 specific Nutmeg High Backs. Gonna be tough finding that bottom seat skin for sure.

nice Jeep Pete and a great price. So sad to hear about your father passing

Great find Pete!

Cant wait to see it fixed up.

Thanks. Haven't gotten much done. Swapped the bad water pump out. The brakes are a complete redo. That'll be next. Also found the seat material for getting that seat fixed. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks