Summer entertainment

Summer entertainment
Color me jealous Pete, that looks awesome :chug:

We're trying desperately to cram in as many getaways as we can. We spent a week at Ocean City but I honestly like the camping trips more. Love cooking on the fire.

Camping%209_zpsumaafmcx.jpg

Camping%202_zpsmvyuikxh.jpg

There's no entertainment like reading about someone bringing a Scrambler back to life, and I don't mean your yummy-looking breakfast. :)

-Jon

Cooking over an open fire like that makes everything taste that much better... As I type this from my office :bang:

There's no entertainment like reading about someone bringing a Scrambler back to life, and I don't mean your yummy-looking breakfast. :)

-Jon

Opened the hood of it today and took some notes. Nothing will happen with the Scrambler till after Labor Day

Pete - I love these summer threads, so don't worry about that old Scrambler, even though your jeep isn't a 5 you've got all the CJ you need to have a great summer. :punk: camp on my man!

Pete - I love these summer threads, so don't worry about that old Scrambler, even though your jeep isn't a 5 you've got all the CJ you need to have a great summer. :punk: camp on my man!

I don't know what I'd do if I had a CJ5 again. The kennel doesn't even fit the CJ7 without the tailgate down and my CJ5 was tailgate delete. W
With the hitch rack I have just enough room for all our stuff. I'll definitely be digging into the Scrambler after
Labor Day. With that and the trailer I'm planning I'll have plenty of room :chug:

Careful with your word choice Pete. You'll have additional room in the 8, but "plenty" might be a stretch :poke:
OldWomanMountains053_zps335ee37e.jpg

This is loaded for a 4 day trip from a few years ago. Just for me, no wife or dog ;)

Ok the word "plenty" probably shouldn't be used with any Cj in reference to room. :D the Scrambler towing a my custom Cj trailer with it should give me the "right" amount though.

The problem with all of us is, if you have the room you will use it. Next thing you know the CJ is being towed behind a big ol' RV with all the toys, stove, heater, TV and you'll be remembering the old days.

Opened the hood of it today and took some notes. Nothing will happen with the Scrambler till after Labor Day

What year?

The problem with all of us is, if you have the room you will use it. Next thing you know the CJ is being towed behind a big ol' RV with all the toys, stove, heater, TV and you'll be remembering the old days.

I here Ya but actual cash on hand usually keeps my projects realistic. :) no large RV in the future.

What year?

Since I'm starting with the trailer part of the build this could be a legitimate question. :p

Pete, as for a trailer, have you looked at/considered a M416? They are old military trailers designed to be pulled by Jeeps
is

starting to give this a toss around. I've roughed it quite a bit when I was single and much younger but now I have a city girl by my side. Trying to see if I can pull together both worlds and go 'glamping'.

If I can get our prep and setup quick and easy, just like we do with our boat excursions, I think everyone will be more willing.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/30/66ae9bb07cb888315c57f083b2d18cf3.jpg

Ultimately the above link will show what I'm looking for out of my Scrambler/trailer combo. I like the look of using a Cj tub better than the military trailers and since I have one already that decision was easy.

Nuener the way we have things packed away it takes maybe 20 min to load and strap everything down. That'll be less when I can just back up to the trailer hook in and be ready.

Pete, the trailer in your pic started its life as a M100/416 military trailer. Someone did a very nice job personalizing it, but its the same trailer I posted an example of ;)

RTAAQo7LI-ML0wpPrMrQJ8SoAi6aHvE__K9DkDs9y81Cj7mkiA.jpg
Does this angle look more like yours :poke:

Pete, the trailer in your pic started its life as a M100/416 military trailer. Someone did a very nice job personalizing it, but its the same trailer I posted an example of ;)

I know but mine is going to be made from a CJ7 tub.

Why a CJ7 and not a CJ5 tub? Are they inferior in any way? :p

Yes they are. They're smaller and most have either no tailgate or don't match the style of the 76-86 CJ7. :p

The best would be to use a Scrambler tub with its smaller wheel wells and larger rear floor area but that would be down right sacrilegious. :eek: I'm lengthening the CJ7 tub in the front to add some needed space.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks