Summer entertainment

Man, I hope you heal faster than anyone expects. Dude, that looks painful.

Do you have to keep it elevated or take any anti-inflamatories? I hate both those things, myself.

Good thoughts your way!

-Jon

Man, I hope you heal faster than anyone expects. Dude, that looks painful.

Do you have to keep it elevated or take any anti-inflamatories? I hate both those things, myself.

Good thoughts your way!

-Jon

The swelling has really gone down. I'm just glad for this "cast". Mainly cause I can take it off. :D that way I can still hop in the pool a little bit. Still don't know about camping this weekend though. Vicki is nervous about it. :(

Ankle be dammed I say! Loading up for a couple days of camping. It screwed my off road plans but maybe I can add that in to something in the Fall.

image_zpsn2chal0u.jpgi

A 90 degree day here in Pa yet somehow I'm the only one in the pool. It didn't last long but I have proof. :D

image_zps42bfq7yr.jpg

This air cast isn't so bad. Nice I can take it off and enjoy a little swim. Summer is not over!!!!!!!! :cool:

Pick up where we left off last night :

image_zpsstq1nyn6.jpg

Only with breakfast this time :

image_zpsyh3tgeyd.jpg

Last edited:
No last Hurrah for Labor Day this year as I was laid up yet again. A bum knee took me out this time. After 4 days off my feet and icing ankles and knees along with other joints I feel pretty darn good today. Vicki also found us one more place to go this year so I'll add that in within the next few weeks. :)

Pete, its a good thing you're not a dog. Someone would've put you down long ago :p

Pete, its a good thing you're not a dog. Someone would've put you down long ago :p

I think Vicki came close this time. :D This one hurt financially on top of it. Lost a 12 hour day not to mention the $140 for our campsite, and $60 copayment for the Dr. I'm pretty sure that's coming out of my Scrambler fund. :mad:

Awwww summer. Where hath you gone? The Tobacco Root Mountains this morning:

22828817325_59573bf1e6_k.jpg

My wife and I got in a good number of backcounty adventures this past summer, the highlight being a seven day backpack trip in Montana's Beartooth Mountains and even that one had a pretty good Jeep trip attached on both ends. A few Beartooth teaser shots:

19674584404_8ca8e5d223_b.jpg

20225605413_9509c75921_b.jpg

20135529490_97b8e2000c_b.jpg

20298570076_88be14b817_b.jpg

20324554185_e4fda5aeb6_b.jpg

20315113602_26c3653539_k.jpg

20316256202_30a92435d5_k.jpg

Sweet photos! The tent setup in the snow gave me chills

Mixing our two favorite things this year. On the road to Va Beach right now where we'll be camping for the next week. :chug:

Mixing the beach and camping turned out to be an excellent idea. We were in Virginia Beach during the 3rd week straight that temps were 90* and above. Overnight lows were 79* the whole time we were there. Fans on high speed inside the tents overnight made sleeping bearable. 3 different pools and the Ocean kept us refreshed during the day. That said I'm pretty sure this is the last year of tent camping for us. I get 4 weeks of vacation starting next year and if we're going to camp down South I'm ready for a pop up with a/c. :D

image_zpsmusauu1y.jpg

Some days it's just nice to kick back and relax a little. This is one of my favorite spots along the Lehigh river near my house:

image_zpsnyg6tsw2.jpg

Just a few camp chairs and a small charcoal grill make this spot between the Catulpa trees a nice little getaway.

image_zpsk8nvuws7.jpg

Took alot off 3 day weekends this Summer mainly to places already in this thread. Found a great new spot called Otter Lake Campground Resort. Definitely going to be revisiting here. Here's the view when we pulled up.

11068_zpsxqom8hsn.jpg

Our campsite:

11190_zpsn1wnbymy.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks