Summer entertainment

Summer entertainment
Looks like a good time, thanks for sharing.

I'll be camping/wheeling in NH in a couple weeks can't wait.

Post pics if you get some. Im headed out again next weekend. I'll get some shots of the mountains and streams around Jim Thorpe Pa. Nice scenery up there as well.

Will do

We went to this campground in Jim Thorpe last year on a whim for an overniter and ended up getting rained on. We decided to hit it again this year and the weather was perfect. First we'll start with a little pic of the Pooper and tent.

Jimthorpe3_zps1fa4b039.jpg

We usually take a walk around the campgrounds when we get there. I hardly ever pay attention to the playground area but this got my attention. :notworthy:

Jimthorpe5_zps73bdec1f.jpg

Jimthorpe4_zps44639ec6.jpg

Now of course finding something there that was Jeep related was cool but we really came for the scenery. Some pics will be off a little. Vicki and I have both gotten new phones lately and we're learning. :eek:

JimThorpeCamp010_zpsc68fbb20.jpg

I pick on Pa alot but we do have alot of nice creeks, streams and rivers. I love the sound of them when Im sleeping in a tent.

JimThorpeCamp009_zpsa74c08c0.jpg

This was just a beautiful area and its only about 30 minutes from our place. When we need a quick relaxer I believe we'll hit here pretty often.

JimThorpeCamp008_zpsc8a62d92.jpg

JimThorpeCamp006_zps08a234d6.jpg

What a view. :)

JimThorpeCamp015_zps7e2be88b.jpg

So we had to see if this place is actually "Pooper approved". did it cut the Mustard?

JimThorpeCamp002_zpsa9b08e32.jpg

I believe so. :cool:
JimThorpeCamp013_zps08e5aaed.jpg

The great thing about theses campgrounds is that they really are out in the Pa woods. You also get some amenities like the pool wich is always a favorite for me. So what do you find in a pool in the woods? Frogs of course. :D

JimThorpeCamp019_zpseb760056.jpg

When we got to the pool we saw that poor little guy sucking up chlorine trying to get out. Of course I obliged the little guy.

JimThorpeCamp020_zps365468bd.jpg

I think he appreciated it cause he wouldnt let go for a little while. I gave him some time to recoup then sent him on his way.

Jimthorpe7_zps0acc4be9.jpg

I try to share these pics with everyone to encourage you to go out and enjoy the outdoors. Its better than pics on a computer. :)

JimThorpeCamp018_zpsc551f490.jpg

Pennsylvania translates to "Penn's Woods". I think the name fits. Hope you all enjoy the pics.

JimThorpeCamp003_zps5845cce2.jpg

Nice pics looks like a good time, thanks for sharing.

Post pics if you get some. Im headed out again next weekend. I'll get some shots of the mountains and streams around Jim Thorpe Pa. Nice scenery up there as well.

We were at the camp ground last weekend but I didn't take any campsite/landscape pics. However, I did take some of us wheeling and will post in the trail section.

Thank you

No camping this weekend so we grabbed a small charcoal grill along with some hot dogs and headed to the river. Simple, refreshing and a nice view.

Lehigh5_zps35d39649.jpg
Lehigh4_zpsbbc3f394.jpg

Well I came up with a set up for the CJ7 to take Eclipse to the river and back. My long term solution is to buy another Scrambler but for now ratchet strapping the kennel in will have to suffice.

riverdog1_zpsb024454b.jpg

Heres Vicki saying hi to everyone.The kennel is just long enough I cant put the tailgate up. I decided to add another ratchet strap and we padlocked the door and bottom tray just in case. At 9 months old she is easily the biggest and strongest dog I have ever owned. :D

riverdog2_zps6524b366.jpg

Here I am on the way. Im pretty happy the way this set up worked out. I know Eclipse was enjoying the open air much more than the back of our Mercury Sable wagon.

riverdog5_zps8d77cda1.jpg

The end result was of course the Pup getting a swim. She loves the river and the winch makes a great tie off point for her. I cant let her roam free when other people may be around. Shes only a Puppy but doesnt realize her own strength. ;)

riverdog3_zps2ea308de.jpg

Hey Pete what breed is eclipse?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks