Summer entertainment

Summer entertainment
Thanks for sharing that Pete, that looks like a great destination, and I think i'll barbeque tonite.

Nice pics Pete :chug: You east coast guys have a lot to squeeze in your summers. Out here in the west temps in the 90's generally start in April and end in October-November, so summer fun can be stretched out a bit. For the group of friends I wheel with, November through April are all of our big desert camping trips.

Yes we do thats for sure. I remember swimming at Thanksgiving one year I was in Az. I do miss being out West. :(

Thanks for sharing that Pete, that looks like a great destination, and I think i'll barbeque tonite.

I was going to take pics of the food like usual but it was just a quick thrown together trip. I do my fair share of grilling and cooking over the campfire , but its hard to beat the taste of plain old hot dogs on a charcoal grill. :drool:

While we are packing up for our last Summer camp trip I figured Id share a pic of Me and Vicki at Va. Beach earlier this month. We had a great time at Kings Dominion Park as well as the beach.

UsVaBeach2013_zps515ca75b.jpg

Im giving this thread a Spring kick start. It hit 78 degrees here today and Vicki and I took the pup to the creek. It was her first time and she loved it. Gotta love my Paw print sweats :laugh:

Eclipse1_zps3241eda8.jpg

Eclipse2_zpse8044466.jpg

Just booked our first camping trip for Memorial Day at https://mountainvistacampground.com/review.html. I should be able to come home with some good pics. The campground is right by the Deleware Water Gap and close to Bushkill Falls. This will be the Dogs first camping trip so we made sure to pick a pet friendly place. I cannot wait. Its been a long Winter!!

Well Vicki and I had our little "Getaway" for Memorial Day weekend. Day 1 was more or less a wash out besides getting camp set up. There was some cursing and frustration when the skies opened up before the rain fly was on the tent. Once Vicki ( Ok it was me cursing ) calmed down things went according to plan. Heres a shot before the rain.

Mountainvista2_zps0f58251f.jpg

This is the first Camping trip of the year , and the first ever for our dog Eclipse. For those of you who've seen our set up before this is the new bedding arraingments. We never used a kennel in the house but it worked great for camping.

Mountainvista1_zps33289a90.jpg

Heres a shot of Eclipse taking a nap outside by the picnic table. We were pretty nervous about how she would react to a 3 day camping trip. The sites at this campground were pretty tight but it was very pet friendly. There was a nice dog run area and almost everyone had a dog or dogs on site.
Mountainvista3_zpsab221d4f.jpg

Now since we have the pup with us we had to be careful about what we could go see. Giant breed dogs arent supposed to be over walked when younger cause it puts undue stress on their growing legs and joints. Eclipse has grown substancially for a 4 month old pup. We got a tip on some waterfalls we could take her to an headed out. When we got there we saw this small fall.

Mountainvista8_zps25c60016.jpg

That was nice and it gave Eclipse a good spot to drink at. We then headed over this stone bridge.

Mountainvista5_zpsa0f00033.jpg

That little bridge takes you to a higher part in the Falls which is pretty nice. The sound of the water flowing and the feel of a slight mist makes for an enjoyable experience.

Mountainvista11_zps69d2abc1.jpg

Mountainvista10_zps5d5c497d.jpg

Mountainvista9_zps55c123e2.jpg

Finally heres a shot of me and "The pooper". Thats my affectionate term for Eclipse. Its a mixture of The pupper and... well what she does best. :eek:. Shes turned out to be a great dog with alot of puppy energy. Shes the better looking one in the foreground. The pics a little darker due to all the trees. This was the best spot of sun I could find.

Mountainvista7_zpsc55f3408.jpg

I almost forgot to add that there are a few scenic overlooks in the area. I think the problem with them is theyare old enough that all the trees have overgrown the actual scenery. I did manage to get a descent pic of this mountain face.

Mountainvista12_zps33d060c4.jpg

Thanks for sharing I had to work last weekend so no camping. I think our dogs love to go camping as much as we do it's good to start them young.

Thanks for sharing about your camping trip. :D The pictures look great.

Many of the trees here are also just starting to leaf out due to the long cold winter. We spent most of the week end working on the CJ and cleaning up the mess from the big storm we had with the 1.5 in hail that blew down so many big pine trees in our front yard. I think we will be cleaning up from this storm for a long, long time...:(

Thanks for sharing I had to work last weekend so no camping. I think our dogs love to go camping as much as we do it's good to start them young.

I wanted to get my last dog involved but by the time I tried Simba was older and enjoyed being inside more than out. That was definately one of the reasons we took Eclipse right away. We will have to go back to that area dogless one day. There are so many Falls and activities to see and do that dont allow pups. :(

Thanks for sharing about your camping trip. :D The pictures look great.

Many of the trees here are also just starting to leaf out due to the long cold winter. We spent most of the week end working on the CJ and cleaning up the mess from the big storm we had with the 1.5 in hail that blew down so many big pine trees in our front yard. I think we will be cleaning up from this storm for a long, long time...:(

Id work on my Cj if I was going to Colorado too. ;) Sorry about the hail storm , that sucks. We had the same a little South of here the other day. Just missed my work. They were actually plowing it in some areas. Vickis Laredo was safe in the garage. One of the guys I work with has a pinched nerve in his back. He drives to my house in the morning and I drive him to work in his F-150.

We have alot of great campgrounds to visit here in Pa. Unfortunately Camping season is short and the weather can be fickle to say the least. Due to this Pork virus thats happened Im getting extra weekends off. Time to cram in some camp time!!!!! Got a nice little lakeside tent site for the weekend. I'll be there tomorrow, pics to follow:

Home - Sandy Valley Camp Ground

Wow this Camp site did nothing but impress us. I usually prefer the running water sites but this lake was beautiful. We took my daughter and a friend along with the pooch so we grabbed the biggest site they had

photo5_zpsf6ebf2ee.jpg

That was a nice large area for the us and the pooch to play in. Here she is rolling around with a stick by the lake.

photo_11_zps4bdf9b44.jpg

The view of the lake from our site was very nice.
photo_9_zps102f5f2b.jpg

Hers a couple of our dog who I have Nicknamed the "Pooper" walking by the lake. Puppy combined with.. well nevermind. :D

photo_7_zpsbb95f1a4.jpg

Please bare with me Im still trying to figure out this new phone camera.

photo_8_zpsd8288f84.jpg

What was really nice was how clean this Lake was. The water was very clear. Clear enough for shots of the fish like this

photo_4_zpsca972fb4.jpg

Or pics of the salamanders like this

photo_1_zps09d3e16e.jpg

Heres the little guy up close. Those are kids hands , not mine. Love it when they can enjoy nature too. :)
photo25_zpsd70f407a.jpg

If any of you decided youd like to camp out with us some time this was the view from the next tent site over

photo_10_zps3beff631.jpg

Overall just a great getaway. It has a descent size pool and some bath houses close to the tent sites on the Lake. These are primitive sites. No water , electric or Wi Fi. I didnt care. Just enjoyed the relaxing views.

Looks like a good time, thanks for sharing.

I'll be camping/wheeling in NH in a couple weeks can't wait.

If any of you decided youd like to camp out with us some time this was the view from the next tent site over

photo_10_zps3beff631.jpg

Overall just a great getaway. It has a descent size pool and some bath houses close to the tent sites on the Lake. These are primitive sites. No water , electric or Wi Fi. I didnt care. Just enjoyed the relaxing views.

I think you are getting the hang of the camera all right.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom