Summer entertainment

Summer entertainment
As long as we're on the Obama rant... I went back to work in may after being laid off all winter, but the job list is getting real short at work again, I'm not sure how much longer this is going to last before I'm unemployed AGAIN. My bank account is still suffering, not sure it can take another hit.
I'm looking forward to our camping-wheeling trip labor day weekend, I just hope work holds out till then.

Well time to revisit this thread a bit. Here we are on Easter Sunday just Vicki and I. We decided to check out the new walking trail our township put in over the winter.

This is another exstention from the original trails we walk. Its kinda amazing what the different townships and counties have done to make this come to life. It follows the Lehigh river along the railroad tracks that supplied coal , cement and alot of other supplies here in Pa.

explore1.jpg

They did a real nice job setting this up along the river. There are still a few things in place that make you look and appreciate an era gone by. One is the actual railroad itself. This is just some simple "switchtrack" wich alot of you have on your Xmas RR's

explore12.jpg

Heres some wall thats left from a tressle crossing over the river. You'll see how there are a few staggered to make the RR bridge in a bit

explore10.jpg

Heres the face of the first tressle support. The next one had 1909 embossed in cement but I couldnt get a good pic. I'll update it next time by.

If you look at each block in that wall face every one has a few holes all the way through. I think its how they placed these large blocks using cables and early cranes. Im gonna research this a little more.

explore2.jpg

Its pretty cool the enginering they put into these back in the day. Many of those same type of walls are staggered to cross the river. The tracks would ride along top. That part of the structure around here has been removed cause kids jump in the shallow river and or suicidal people have taken this way out.

explore8.jpg

explore7.jpg

I jumped off one of these as a youngster. Umm... what a careless little idiot I was. The things we survived when we were kids huh? :)

A couple other neat little things to share from our exploration. Put this toolbox in your pickup. :D Just bring your forklift down to pick it up lol

explore4.jpg

Heres a crossing we saw. Pretty cool that this old stuff still stands. The telephone ploes were still there all along the trail and are way closer to each other than our modern day poles.

explore5.jpg

explore6.jpg

You wanna know what was really crazy though? I was barely thinking about Jeeps.

But when your a Cj guy that kinda poopie just seeks you out. Wheres Waldo ?? :Dexplorecj.jpg

You wanna know what was really crazy though? I was barely thinking about Jeeps.

But when your a Cj guy that kinda poopie just seeks you out. Wheres Waldo ?? :Dexplorecj.jpg

CJ grill up against the crapper!:chug:

There were plenty of spots to relax but the camera had to go away for the good parts.

lehigh5.jpg

lehigh4.jpg

Last edited:
Only one point where we had to get out due to all the rocks. The rest looked more like the latter pics. A great way to spend a 90 degree day.

lehigh1.jpg

lehigh3.jpg

lehigh2.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! Looks cool and refreshing!

Just a great way to relax , yet still have some excitement as well. Vicki got a little excitable at times but it was understandable to a point. She had read in the paper about a woman in her 50s losing her life on the river in a kayak. It was totally different circumstances but it made her a little antsy at times.

Im just glad she'll go out and do these type of things with me. My ex may have broken a nail... :eek:. We had a great time. Shes a special woman. Thankfully she doesnt come on here so I dont have to admit it :D

Money has been tight this year so we had to find something a little cheaper this year. Turned out pretty good. "Camped" for the week at Timberline Lake in Nj.

lbi17.jpg

Did the tradtional cook outs on the Campfire and the boy found himself face to face with an endangered species.

lbi26.jpg

lbi25.jpg

Also got on the Nj-Lewes Ferry for a little ride while we were in the area. Good time for a relatively cheep vacation

lbi3.jpg

lbi4.jpg

Headed out to Echo Lake Campground for Memorial Day weekend. I'll post up pics when we get back Monday. Theres gonna be an interesting story behind it in my build thread as well. Sometimes the stars just line up perfectly. ;)

Well Im a little late in updating this but here we go. If your headed out for a day at Rausch Creek Off Road Park why not make it a weekend and spend some time at http://www.echovalleycamp.com/gallery/.

We had alot of fun there even though a good thunderstorm ripped through at 3am. That will get your attention when you tent camp like Vicki and I do. Our site was great and if you have 2 other buddies who like to tent camp grab up sites 5a , 6a and 7a. While you are right off the highway these sights give a nice secluded feel. 5a has a hibatchi giving you the option of charcoal grilling or right over the campfire. Here you see me making use of it with some potatos and Filet mignon. :drool:

echovalley4.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom