Summer entertainment

Summer entertainment
Echo Valley also has a very nice large pool to keep the kids happy and you cooled off after a hot day of wheeling. There are also pull thrus and plenty of sites for your camper and or trailered rigs.

echovalley1.jpg

echovalley2.jpg

Here is what our site ( 6a ) looked like. Just beautiful if your looking to kick back and relax.

echovalley6.jpg

echovalley5.jpg

echovalley7.jpg

And heres a nice rainy one. You cant blame them for the weather but the people are downright friendly. Almost a Southern hospitality. Our battery died while we were there and they came out with a battery to jump it and helpful directions to the nearest Auto parts store. Theres also an added suprise when you check out and leave your site clean like any good Jeeper would. I wont give it away but Im sure you'll find out. ;)

echovalley3.jpg

Petescj, my brother, I like the way you roll. Great outdoor pictures. Looks like a bunch of fun.

Just got back from Seaside Hieghts this week. I have a long and busy couple weeks of work coming up but another week in Aug will be dedicated to camping out at a new place. :chug:

nice pictures (petescj), and its great to see a father take and enjoy being with his family on vacation...i hear alot of guys, (don't hang with them) bout wanting to go everyweek end away from there family, now i know there is just some times where thats needed, but i couldn't spend more then a couple of days from my daughter. Kids bring out a side that i didn't know i had :D.

when my CJ5 is up and running, im planning on taking it to big bend for a few days to do some camping and off roading for sure:D:D:Dthat'll be my (hopfully) maiden voyage. river road after it rains is one of those rides...:drool: can't wait to brake her in.

I work pretty much ( usually ) and am away from my kids enough. Its nice to see them enjoy things besides computers , ipods and things like that. They like to explore and get out much like I did when I was younger. Just not as often. :rolleyes:

Time is a precious thing. Its good to get out and see what you can. I welcome others to show their little getaways. Its always nice to get ideas from other people. :chug:

We like to go up to North Park to camp, fish, 4wheel, and look for Moose. Are last trip we saw a lot of Moose one big old bear and caught a ton of fish.

and Bear if you would like to see more I will need to down load them. But this is what keeps me sane.

Ok but first a funny story. When we pulled in to the camp ground everybody was talking about the Bear that was at the dumpsters and the rangers chased off. So we get set up and my brother and I took my dog Bear down to the lake to fish. So we are fishing and Bear is running around up in the trees behind us when my brother sees two guys with a dog comming our way so he says look where is Bear. I don't see him so I start yelling BEAR BEAR well you should have seen these guys faces they thought I say a bear and turned around and got out of there real fast. I thought my brother was going to die laughing. so more pics

Bear! Bear! LMAO!

So, how did you prepair the fish? They look great! Just a quick debone and a pan sear?

So, how did you prepair the fish? They look great! Just a quick debone and a pan sear?
No I cook them just the way you see them. I roll them in cornmeal and fry them in cooking oil till brown then the meat peels right off the bones.

Now that looks like a good time. :cool:
Ok but first a funny story. When we pulled in to the camp ground everybody was talking about the Bear that was at the dumpsters and the rangers chased off. So we get set up and my brother and I took my dog Bear down to the lake to fish. So we are fishing and Bear is running around up in the trees behind us when my brother sees two guys with a dog comming our way so he says look where is Bear. I don't see him so I start yelling BEAR BEAR well you should have seen these guys faces they thought I say a bear and turned around and got out of there real fast. I thought my brother was going to die laughing. so more pics

Looks like a lot of good times! I've been sloowly collecting my camping supplies this year.. but like you guys, money has been tight.. My wife and I chose to turn away from the big money I was making as a pipline inspector, although it is how I was able to build my CJ7 in just a few months, I was just gone from home way too much.. in the 15 months leading up to this decision, I had slept in my own bed less than 20 times.. I've taken about a $2000 a week pay cut, and that is so very hard to adjust to.. had to let go of my baby, '07 Megacab dually.. and my wife's very nice and plush '07 Chrysler Aspen. Money is tight but I'm able to keep my Harley, my home, and my marriage.. I have a pretty nice CJ7 that still needs a paint job, and I was able to pick up another CJ5 recently, so life is still pretty good.. I have my eye on an older class C motorhome for about a thousand bucks, and then we can tow my old speed boat to the lake.. It takes a little longer to save for the things we want, but being home every night with my wife, is worth way more than the material things I've lost this year.. we're happy again!

Our get away this last weekend, was to take a couple hundred bucks and a tank of gas, and hit our states annual Hwy 141 garage sale! About 70 miles of :dung: that other people don't want anymore! We took our oldest son along and had a blast! I got myself a Resistol, straw cowboy hat for a buck, a like new 2 burner Coleman camp stove and a full bottle of propane for 7 bucks, a handfull of fishing poles for 3 bucks, and oh ya, a storage tote full of race car goodies like a 5" Autometer Monster tach, and 3 different sets of oil and water temp gauges and some other odds and ends for 40 bucks! It's the simple things... :)

quoted...
Looks like a lot of good times! I've been sloowly collecting my camping supplies this year.. but like you guys, money has been tight.. My wife and I chose to turn away from the big money I was making as a pipline inspector, although it is how I was able to build my CJ7 in just a few months, I was just gone from home way too much.. in the 15 months leading up to this decision, I had slept in my own bed less than 20 times.. I've taken about a $2000 a week pay cut, and that is so very hard to adjust to.. had to let go of my baby, '07 Megacab dually.. and my wife's very nice and plush '07 Chrysler Aspen. Money is tight but I'm able to keep my Harley, my home, and my marriage.. I have a pretty nice CJ7 that still needs a paint job, and I was able to pick up another CJ5 recently, so life is still pretty good.. I have my eye on an older class C motorhome for about a thousand bucks, and then we can tow my old speed boat to the lake.. It takes a little longer to save for the things we want, but being home every night with my wife, is worth way more than the material things I've lost this year.. we're happy again!

Our get away this last weekend, was to take a couple hundred bucks and a tank of gas, and hit our states annual Hwy 141 garage sale! About 70 miles of :dung: that other people don't want anymore! We took our oldest son along and had a blast! I got myself a Resistol, straw cowboy hat for a buck, a like new 2 burner Coleman camp stove and a full bottle of propane for 7 bucks, a handfull of fishing poles for 3 bucks, and oh ya, a storage tote full of race car goodies like a 5" Autometer Monster tach, and 3 different sets of oil and water temp gauges and some other odds and ends for 40 bucks! It's the simple things... :)

Petescj suggested I post in here as we are on vacation at our cabin in the North woods of Wisconsin. (Town of Lac du Flambeau)

Today we went for a horseback ride with my husband and older son. Not a long ride, but it was wonderful to be riding with my family and get those hayburners moving too. We just walked along, but I have not felt well enough to ride since before Winter. There is something about this place that always has a healing effect. Better air quality, our water is pure and cold, listening to the loons calling, watching the hummingbirds at the feeders, and just being here is special. I will get some pics up when I get a faster connection - I'm on dial-up now...:eek:

Well that camping exscursion was a bit of an adventure. CJ called after I left and told me to take some pics and be safe. I rarely take my cell phone with me when we camp though so I got the message when I got home today. :eek: It was kind of interesting cause I dont think about "being safe" to much when Im headed to a campground less than an hour away. That was until after I got there. We always tent camp and up till this year we used this tent.

Campsite1.jpg

Weve been using that tent for the last 4 years and it still has some good life left in it. Now that Vicki and I are "professional" tent campers we decided it was time to upgrade to a newer larger tent. The weather forecast for our area was for 20 to 25 mph gusts of wind. We never checked (big mistake) the weather for a mere 40 minutes away. We know what we're doing and we're prepared for any rain or thunderstorm on its way.

We arrive at our site and its right on the edge of a small lake, just like was promised. Its pretty windy as we head in to the office to check in. There we find that wind gusts at our current location are between 35 and 45 mph. :eek:

So there we are after 4 years of camping , looking at each other with puzzled looks on our faces. We've been through some crazy downpours and thunderstorms but never this kind of wind. We spend the next 2 hours trying to set up our "New" tent to no avail. I came to find out later that people around us were quite amused watching us try to put up a tent that looked like a dragster parachute most of the time.

Luckily for us the kids came with. We never wouldve brought our old reliable tent if they wouldnt have been with. The new one is rated to sleep 9 and the old one just 6. You can also stand up inside the new one making it even harder to put up the higher tent under those conditions.

The worst part and the real problem was the pitiful tent stakes a tent this large came with. The ground was soft and those little 4 in metal ones wouldnt hold it down at all. At this point Vicki and I are both cold , pissed and almost ready to pack it in...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks