Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
No, the Rubicon elevation.

There would be enough air for a gimped up old flat lander at 7000 feet.

Me too... Never know... May show up with a f350 towing two CJ5's on a boat trailer and surprise you all...

I like the idea of being the second person Dave has ever heard of doing the wall with open diffs... Lol

And you and anyone else is always welcome for a con trip! I may post a planning thread for next year...

I sure hope you can make it JR. I'd like to meet you. :chug:

No, the Rubicon elevation.
5,500 to over 7,000. :confused:

Seems about right.

There would be enough air for a gimped up old flat lander at 7000 feet.

:laugh: Yup it's enough... Colorado Mountains much higher...

I sure hope you can make it JR. I'd like to meet you. :chug:

One of these years I swear I will... I'm going to shoot for making it out that way next year. This is the last year of being a board member on my son's HS band... Jeeps about ready minus the windshield wipers being held together with a radio antenna and shoe string / zip ties, and the mufflers so beat up they may as well not be on...

:D

:chug:

One of these years I swear I will... I'm going to shoot for making it out that way next year. This is the last year of being a board member on my son's HS band... Jeeps about ready minus the windshield wipers being held together with a radio antenna and shoe string / zip ties, and the mufflers so beat up they may as well not be on...

:D

Wipers for the windshield...hmmm - that's a great idea! I should do that myself...:laugh:

Pretty sure zip ties are a must for any Jeep (or car, or mower, or bicycle...:rolleyes: )

I'm sidetracking the post aren't I?? lol

Last one...

The windshield wiper linkage inside my window frame broke a while back, so I took it apart and rigged it together with some welding and figured I'd fix it later...

Well fast forward to earlier this year, and a snow run up by the Rubicon. Get up the mountain in the rain and snow and they break again... "oh yeah... was supposed to fix those... dangit..." Drivers side linkage busted beyond riggin to get home... Passenger side would work though.

"If I can just tie the two wipers together with something, it might work..."

Found a stick - too springy...

Found bigger stick - Too heavy...

Bailing wire - Yeah that wont work....

Wait - Solid Radio antenna... maybe...

IMG_1258_zpshjkm3xg5.jpg

Shoe laces... Don't need those to drive home

IMG_1257_zpsmbk6q0bt.jpg

Zip ties slip around a bit... one side must have some slop though or it binds... Black tape bumpers?

IMG_1256_zpsqpyfuuuz.jpg

Nailed it...

IMG_1255_zps4gtjzvs0.jpg

Worked until about 5 miles from home... Then it was "look out kids here I come" over the CB PA...

:D (Just kidding - kind of...) :cool:

Oh and the little think around fire for how I was going to get home...

IMG_1259_zpskypyhwop.jpg

Now I gotta really fix it though... ;)

Score-101010.png days til Denver!

Five days until they install the 4:1 Tera Flex gears in my transfer case. They promised that they can do it all in a day. Hope they are right 'cause that don't leave much time.

I also hope Posi can get his new "baby" ready to go in the three days allotted.

Score-101010.png days til Denver!

Yeeha! 14 days to Silverton! :dbanana:

Posi, offer still stands if you want us to come out early to help with your CJ. Tools, extra hands, etc.

Five days until they install the 4:1 Tera Flex gears in my transfer case. They promised that they can do it all in a day. Hope they are right 'cause that don't leave much time.

If they can't get it done then I will do it. The 4.1 will be in your case, and installed your CJ by the time we head out Saturday.

Bass, thanks again for the offer, I think we should be ok. If you could bring your dwell meter to Silverton that would be helpful.

If they can't get it done then I will do it. The 4.1 will be in your case, and installed your CJ by the time we head out Saturday.

Bass, thanks again for the offer, I think we should be ok. If you could bring your dwell meter to Silverton that would be helpful.

Will do!

That sounds like grim determination.

Actually, I think things will be fine. Going right down to the wire always makes me a little nervous and this is a new shop that I haven't used before but they came highly recommended.

I do have a few tools and etc. ( a timing light, dwell meter, compression gauge, vacuum gage). I also have a "find it if you can" tool chest with a few air tools and some cordless ones.

Since I retired about 15 years ago, I kinda stopped doing much work on my vehicles. Until I bought this 1980 CJ, I hadn't even changed my own oil. The CJ is the only thing I own that has somewhat recognizable features under the hood.

Bill D, don't forget the camera to get pics of Posi wrench'n and all.:poke:
LG

The windshield wiper linkage inside my window frame broke a while back, so I took it apart and rigged it together with some welding and figured I'd fix it later...

Well fast forward to earlier this year, and a snow run up by the Rubicon. Get up the mountain in the rain and snow and they break again... "oh yeah... was supposed to fix those... dangit..." Drivers side linkage busted beyond riggin to get home... Passenger side would work though.

"If I can just tie the two wipers together with something, it might work..."

Shoe laces... Don't need those to drive home

IMG_1257_zpsmbk6q0bt.jpg

Zip ties slip around a bit... one side must have some slop though or it binds... Black tape bumpers?

IMG_1256_zpsqpyfuuuz.jpg

Nailed it...

IMG_1255_zps4gtjzvs0.jpg

;)

Ahh who needs windshield wipers anyway. When I had trouble I just hooked up the driver side and removed the other linkages and wiper.

The passenger doesn't need to see. :p
windshield_banner_92-cropped__medium.jpg

Ahh who needs windshield wipers anyway. When I had trouble I just hooked up the driver side and removed the other linkages and wiper.

The passenger doesn't need to see. :p

Ha! I'm even worse. I took both wipers off and treated the windshield with RainX paste and cleaner.

I don't want it that way but I have/had bigger Jeep fish to fry than wipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am expecting to get to Colorado Springs Friday night, would like to join your convoy, can't figure out how to send an email or private message to get some details. Send me an email,

(JR Removed for your privacy - Seems like you made contact now :chug:)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK 007, thanks for the quick response, see you in Colo Springs!

SOoooooooooo. When are the straws gonna be drawn for the daily report of the goings on? :laugh:
:popcorn:

LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks