Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
I'm starting a convoy thread shortly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh who needs windshield wipers anyway. When I had trouble I just hooked up the driver side and removed the other linkages and wiper.

The passenger doesn't need to see. :p
windshield_banner_92-cropped__medium.jpg

lol - It was the driver's side that broke... It was DUMPING down that day man - couldn't see a thing out the windshield with the wiper working! lol

The passenger (My brother) couldn't see very good either as the passenger was running the drivers side so the stress didn't allow it to "wipe" very good...

lol

Have fun guys!

:chug:

That's what I need to do. I did notice last year that the grass was growing faster than I was able to walk up the inclines! :rolleyes:
Just in case Posi, run a few extra miles for me. :D
I have, 3 miles every other day now. 5 days til Denver!!

I have, 3 miles every other day now. 5 days til Denver!!
In spite of good intentions, no time to run, walk, or any other kind of exercise, so maybe I will have to bring the oxygen tank from my torch along to breath, or my kids old coaster wagon for you to pull me around in! :laugh: :poke:All that time has been taken up by getting the Jeep done in time. Plus, the truck we use to haul the Jeep took a dump on us last week :eek:, so more time spent under a hood!
Happy to report, Jeep is ready except for a few elective items, and the hauling truck has been repaired and is ready to go! :banana:
8 days to Silverton!! :banana::banana::dbanana:

Happy to report, Jeep is ready except for a few elective items, and the hauling truck has been repaired and is ready to go! :banana:
8 days to Silverton!! :banana::banana::dbanana:
Great new! :chug:
No hills in downtown Silverton so no problems there.

Great new! :chug:
No hills in downtown Silverton so no problems there.

All I have to be physically fit enough for is to get up over the threshold at Handlebars. With Carol's help. . . . :chug:

Haha, all I have been thinking about for the last week is Alaskan Ale, and Elk Burgers at Handlebars. :chug:

All I have to be physically fit enough for is to get up over the threshold at Handlebars. With Carol's help. . . . :chug:
:laugh:

I just got a call from the shop that is regearing my transfer - I can pick up the
Jeep in the morning. Hurrah !!! I was starting to get a bit concerned. I do want to take it up to the high country for a test spin before heading to Silverton. Maybe sometime this weekend.

Work those gears lightly at first. Don't pour the power on right away. I don't know about the steel they use in low gearing, but some gears need to be broken in. Wearing them in more or less case hardens the steel and mating surfaces.

Work those gears lightly at first. Don't pour the power on right away. I don't know about the steel they use in low gearing, but some gears need to be broken in. Wearing them in more or less case hardens the steel and mating surfaces.

So after the break-in period, should the gear lube be changed?

-Jon

When I did mine, the gear manufacturer recommend only running 10 to 15 miles, then letting things cool down for a while for the first 150 miles. Then changing the oil. Easy to see why. Just as the gear manufacturer stated, the diff was too hot to touch at first. After the break in and oil change, all is normal.

Go to drive train, I want to ask more questions and this isn't the place.

Oops! I need to read more attentively.:eek: The question was for a transfer case, not a differential. I would still change the oil after 150 - 200 miles though.

Gears is gears, a good topic for Drive train.

Just went down and picked up the Jeep. The installer said that his test drive didn't find any problems and the gears were super quiet. He recommends checking/changing oil after 200 miles or so so I guess after the CJ ride at Silverton I'll have it checked. Hope I'll like this swap as well as I think I will.

You are going to love it! Especially going down hill.

Good to hear. The gain in control over obstacles will be improved. I think you will be happy with the new gear set.

Less than a week a way. I'll be arriving this Saturday. We'll meet at Handelbars Restaurant at about 6:00 or 7:00. It depends on when everyone else will arrive in town. Many will arrive earlier in the week.
Handlebars-map.jpg

handlebars-restaurant-and-saloon_1136826.jpg

Here's my list of who'll be there: 007 and his wife Khara, OldJeepLady, MrIPlayBass, Posi, Bill D and his wife Carol, Powdertwoplanker, Shooby and I talked to Ben, he will be there. Ben is not a member but those of you that came last year will surely remember him.

Oh and me too. I guess I should show up. :D

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks