Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Yea - I called. Busa has hydraulic winch, all that he needs is fuel and cooling.

My thoughts were -

You only get the opportunity once. Jump on it!

Little bit of an update... Spoke with Dave last evening to confirm...

For those of you at last years trail ride, you will recall that my wife and I had just had a baby 4 weeks prior to the trip (4th girl). It turns out that the day we will be arriving in Ouray (July 25th) is her 1st birthday! :banana:

SO... We are having Khari's 1st birthday party at the Historic Western Hotel (just a block from the River's Edge Hotel). Gregg Pieper and his wife who own the hotel & San Juan Scenic Jeep Tours (first tour company in the area) are going to cater the party there either in a dining room or on the deck and ALL OF THE JEEP-CJ ATTENDEES ARE INVITED! Please come and eat, drink, mingle and meet my family. I'd love for my wife and kids to meet you all. :chug:

Greg and his wife are known for having fantastic food and some of the best pizza around. Greg also rents Jeeps so it might be a good time to network perhaps workout a rental for a day or multiple days. :rolleyes:

did your wife make this trip 4 weeks after having a baby??

did your wife make this trip 4 weeks after having a baby??

No, me and a buddy had planned it since the December prior...I had a kitchen pass preapproved (but not without some hassle :D).

No, me and a buddy had planned it since the December prior...I had a kitchen pass preapproved (but not without some hassle :D).

With 4 kids she is obviously a super mom but to do the loop 4 weeks after giving birth would have made her the stuff of legends.:D

For those of you at last years trail ride, you will recall that my wife and I had just had a baby 4 weeks prior to the trip (4th girl). It turns out that the day we will be arriving in Ouray (July 25th) is her 1st birthday! :banana:

SO... We are having Khari's 1st birthday party at the Historic Western Hotel (just a block from the River's Edge Hotel). Gregg Pieper and his wife who own the hotel & San Juan Scenic Jeep Tours (first tour company in the area) are going to cater the party there either in a dining room or on the deck and ALL OF THE JEEP-CJ ATTENDEES ARE INVITED! Please come and eat, drink, mingle and meet my family. I'd love for my wife and kids to meet you all. :chug:
I'll be there, and thanks for the invite, looking forward to meeting the family as well.

At the rate my major jeep projects are moving in a positive direction I just might make this trip. Major projects, Tru-track with new gears, in yet to be installed Disk brake Dana 30, gas tank removed with new 21 gallon tank waiting, rear axle removed and regeared with some problems found and repaired for a stronger axle, fabrication of a new bumper started. All in an attempt to make this trip in a little style.

Awesome. Really hope you can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! Everybody ready for the trail ride?
I am. We still have some time. In 2 months we'll be in Ouray.
I've been traveling lately and wanted to bump this thread. I've been traveling 2 weeks on pleasure and 1 week on business and all of it has been on my cycle. :D

I need to take another roll call. Who's coming? The following people have voted that they surely will come:
007, BusaDave9, CJ, mriplaybass, oldjeeplady, Posi
And the following are fairly sure they will be there:
Hedgehog, profire, somedude922
Is that right?
Hedgehog, are you going to make it. How about the rest of you? The more the merrier.
Once again let me say if anyone has any trouble getting a motel room let me know. I have connections. :cool:

I already made my travel arrangements
Also, my cousin said he is coming as well.

I'm knocking jeep projects off the list one at a time, I hope the money holds out.

I'm still in. Can't wait. I think BillD and his wife from the eastern slope were coming in for the early part of the week also weren't they?

Hedge, Profire, Somedude...come on...lets do this... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OD?

Old Dog,
He mentioned he wasn't saying anything until he knows for sure.
I hope he can make it.

With the time and money I'm pouring into this I'm as excited to confirm as anybody. But I try to be honest with my promises. Wait, that sounds like others aren't, not the case at all, just speaking for myself, caution is my policy until I commit then I'm all in. Looks like the potential for a great showing this year.

We are literally working day and night when I am not on the road to make this happen. We have out reservations booked at Box Canyon. I keep thinking that we are just going to run out of time, but when I look back and see how far we have come with our CJ7 disaster in the 7 weeks since we bought it, we think things still look good for us. I have set the first weekend of July as my kind of cut off point. I would really like to have a few hundred miles on everything we built before hitting the Colorado trails. We are so determined to do this that after I drive home from work on Friday which will be about 400 miles, we are still going to try to make it there by Saturday evening. 1800 miles in 36 hours, we are either crazy, or just love the great time we had last year! We're still in!

I'm still trying to find a way to get my jeep up there. I have no tow vehicle. But I haven't canceled my reservations yet!!

Is your jeep street legal? 720 miles as the crow flies. Long day but doable.

Bill D will be there for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom