Jeep Dogs

Jeep Dogs
Paco, a great Jeepin' dog

Attachments

• Jeeping with Vicky 7-27-13(54).jpg
    Jeeping with Vicky 7-27-13(54).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 218
The jeep dose not move without Mazy on board

PLEASE-PLEASE restrain our 'kids' when drive'n.
WE wear seatbelts to live. So should they!
Respectfully, from a Dog lover.
LG

Nothing scarrier than looking back to check on your dog and he's not there. Been there done that. In this case we were rambling around on some smooth flat desert, litterally poking along at a walking pace. I honestly have no idea when he bailed out. A couple of minutes later I found him trotting along following my Jeep trail, he was happy to see me. What a good dog he was, a no nonsence Springer Spanial that never knew when to quite. That was a long time and another Jeep ago. ....... Sorry, but I still don't know if I could tie my dogs down. One thing I never allowed was for them to ride in the front seat though.

GatorBate - Border Collie? My first dog was a Border Collie/husky mix, it was often a question of who was smarter me or her. I fear that she often won that debate.

Here is what we use for our mini-Aussie.
Works very well, and she likes it.
Dog Harnesses | Kurgo
LG

Yes, Miss Mazy is mostly Border Collie. Her ears don't stick straight up they are a little low on her head. I think she has some Blue healer in her.

As for Mazy wearing a harness:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. I'm sorry, buckling them in is be a good idea. She has bailed on me before, causing a bad situation. But she is not what you would call a well behaved dog. She dose not do collars, harness, leaches, brushes, bathes or strangers. But she herds cows and chases tennis balls and tags along with me whenever I let her.

Mine had the very same one ear up one down look. She was as sweet as a dog could be and we were inseparable. College and the service was very hard on her.

She was as sweet as a dog could be and we were inseparable. College and the service was very hard on her.
I know what you mean. my previous Border Collie, Dakota, was very affectionate and well mannered, for a Collie. Mazy Is a bit of a Renegade. just like the Jeep.:D

Love Border Collies, and Hedgehog is spot on with the battle of wits comment :D Wife and I just adopted the oldie in the pics, he was 10 and in bad shape so the shelter was going to put him down. A friend of ours rescues them and is who we got our first BC from. She showed us his pic and my wife said we had to take him. He's got alot of spunk for an oldie that had a pretty rough life before we got him. Now though, as you can see him with my pillow, he's got the life.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 139
I would have no where to tether Oscar in the Jeep. I haven't taken him out of the neighborhood or over 25mph yet but he's not the type of dog to jump out. In all honesty he would just lay down in the back over 30mph. I should get him a soft little bed for that reason.

Ever since my first Au. Cattle Dog jumped out the window of my Pathfinder after a grey squirrel, I strap them in when in the Jeep.

Hole - I didn't realize how much I midssed my dog (Muffin) until I saw your pictures. Good dog. Border Collies are fairly long lived dogs. I bet you'll have yours for another 5 years. Smartest dog I've ever seen........

I've never really had a dog that jumped out of my Jeep or other vehicle for that matter. It was never clear how I lost my Springer from the moving Jeep. He never showed a tendency to do that sort of thing, he was a very level headed dog that tended to think his way around a problem before jumping thoughtlessly into a situation. ..... for a dog that is.

Mazy will set in the front set with her nose pressed against the windshield watching on coming traffic. Then she jumps into the back set to watch it go by. Gets kind off busy sometimes. When we are out wheeling and the going gets rough she will lay down between the front seats. I have a pillow between the seats for her to lay on because the exhaust makes the floorboard hot. And when it really get rough she gets out and watches.

Hole - I didn't realize how much I midssed my dog (Muffin) until I saw your pictures. Good dog. Border Collies are fairly long lived dogs. I bet you'll have yours for another 5 years. Smartest dog I've ever seen........

I sure hope I've got him for another 5 years. The female just turned 5 and we got her at 1, but its only been for the last year or so that she seems to completely trust me. She sadly must've had some abuse at the hands of a man before we got her. The oldie shows some of the same signs, hopefully I have enough time with him to gain his complete trust too.

You can install and eyebolt etc. for a try down point.
You restrain'em so they don't get hurt if your in a crash.
OR-if you trip over on the trail.....
A dogs love/trust is something that should never-ever be put in jeopardy.
What would happen to your unrestrained dog, if your sit'n at the light and your hit from the rear. He goes backwards and then forwards with major force.
LG

I agree. Im going to have to restrain Eclipse a bit. She gets to excited even with the hardtop on.

Eclipse3_zps41c6b982.jpg

You can install and eyebolt etc. for a try down point.
You restrain'em so they don't get hurt if your in a crash.
OR-if you trip over on the trail.....
A dogs love/trust is something that should never-ever be put in jeopardy.
What would happen to your unrestrained dog, if your sit'n at the light and your hit from the rear. He goes backwards and then forwards with major force.
LG

PETE thats a good looking pup!

:chug:
~ Jr

Ive had her a little over a month now. Shes a St Bernard / Bull Mastiff mix. Gonna have to get CJ to ship my old Scrambler back up hereif I want her to be a Jeep dog when shes full grown. :laugh:

PETE thats a good looking pup!

:chug:
~ Jr

That's going to be a lot'a dog.

Here's my current crew
9237577061_1893bf3499_b.jpg
14222205935_8948ff6cf6_b.jpg
14219854842_8a904a638a_b.jpg
9545960325_1dab2c0946_b.jpg

Shot from late 80's, wife, her sister and our aussie/heeler cross at the time-pure heeler personality
12912756213_a9118a35b4_b.jpg
And the one that got me stuck on Border Collies-1994 and tied for first place of all the dogs I've had (the other was an aussie).
14328462641_03d52a5901_b.jpg
14145311340_42dca545fc_b.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks