Jeep Dogs

Jeep Dogs
94KodainhisJeepseat_zps14baad2f.jpg
I took out my passenger seat and put in a dog seat for Koda to ride along on. He's too big to ride in a bucket seat.
I can swap in the human seat again with 4 bolts.

What did you do for Koda's seat?

:rolleyes: What they do when they aren't in the Jeep...

Attachments

• Odie and Lucy - Web.jpg
    Odie and Lucy - Web.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 383
Here's my one time Jeep buddy "CJ". She passed about 7 years ago. Also loved to plow snow in the truck. An Australian Cattle Dog and the best anti theft system my Jeep ever had. I could leave the keys in the ignition with her in it and not worry!
62713_105659772830292_2000340_n.jpg

Steve, to make Koda's dog seat I bolted a piece of plywood in the same bolt holes the seat used.
attachment.php

The board near the doorway is attached with 2 hinges. It rests against the roll bars. You can also see a board I screwed on to block the shift levers.
Koda loves to stick his head out the jeep as I drive. I have soft doors so I don't really trust them. What I do is put a leash on him and tie him up to the center console so he can only stick his head out the doorway. I even drive with the doors off like this. I try to pull him in when necessary but sometimes I forget and after going through a mud puddle he turns and looks at me with a face full of mud. :p
94KodainhisJeepseat_zps14baad2f.jpg
When we are off-roading he sometimes gets excited and stands. The bumps make him stagger around like a drunken sailor so I make him lie down.
On the highway he is more likely to be settled down. I keep the leash on him and he just lays down with his nose out the doorway watching things go by.

Attachments

• 88 Koda's Dog seat (Small).JPG
    88 Koda's Dog seat (Small).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 422
can he jump in by himself now or are you still lifting him on command?:laugh:

can he jump in by himself now or are you still lifting him on command?:laugh:

We've been working on that.
I've been telling him, "Now don't you embarrass me during the Jeep-CJ trail ride" :eek:

Here's my one time Jeep buddy "CJ". She passed about 7 years ago. Also loved to plow snow in the truck. An Australian Cattle Dog and the best anti theft system my Jeep ever had. I could leave the keys in the ignition with her in it and not worry!
62713_105659772830292_2000340_n.jpg
Beautiful shot, beautiful dog!!

Buddy running around In the back while we were doing a test ride

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370573022842.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370573022842.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 247
Hank is the best friend a guy could ask for, and always ready to go anywhere!

Attachments

• jeepdog2.jpg
    jeepdog2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 229
Hey, another AC dog. They love to tag along anywhere don't they. And they have a funny way of remembering which drive-thru's give out dog treats!

It must be fate. ACD's and jeeps. Let me introduce my two. Wika is in the back, i've had her 6-7 years and is velcro dog. Jake is my recent adoption, he showed up at mom's with a bum back leg, he's velcro too. Wika's jealous in this pic because usually she rides up front and can't because jake can't crawl in the back.
ACD's are like Lay's potato chips, can't have just one.
I think I need a bigger jeep.

@ tin medic: hank still loves me even with a black eye. ;)
@ Johnnyreb: Velcro dogs is perfect!:D my acd is My shadow. I stand up to grab a beer, and he's right at my feet.

Yep, both of mine have been very loyal, and jealous(for affection) around other dogs. My second one is a red heeler version (acd) and a rottweiler mix that doesn't know he's either (very good around kids and most other dogs) but looks like a blue heeler with a rotty head and bark. My daughter has a version called a texas healer, which is basically an acd with a bobbed tail.

My daughter has a version called a texas healer, which is basically an acd with a bobbed tail.

We just call them red heelers and blue heelers here. I was trying to figure out what an ACD was and google came to rescue. (I'm just lazy now, australian cattle dog)

VERY well tempered and good with kiddos for the most part. VERY protective of their "own" kiddos too!. (I had my rear end tore up wrestling with a 10yo kid one day at my friends house. That dog came from around the corner and thought I was hurting the kid!:eek:)

Great pictures by all BTW.:chug:

I googled the supposed origin of my queensland heeler. his blood line came from Queensland Australia. queensland heelers were originally bred from wild Dingos and domesticated dogs. my hank definitely gets that wild dingo look in his eyes occasionally, usually when unknown people approach his truck!!:D I have a six month old daughter and thought we might have problems with the two of them getting along. hank is very gentle around her and always gives her kisses any chance he gets. (he's really cleaning up all the food she has on her face) sorry for the thread hi jack, keep the pics coming :)

I have a book on their breed and it says they're breed was achieved from 5 dogs starting with a dingo and I believe a border collie. Then they breed with other dogs to get the needed characteristics for herding long distances. I believe they were sheltie's, dalmatians, and I believe kelpie's iirc.
My full blooded blue heeler (yep, we call them reds and blues also) you had to watch around small kids. She still had the herding instinct and would sometimes nip at their ankles in all the excitement.

This is "CJ", a full blooded blue heeler, who lived either 12 or 14 years. Great companion who listened very well, except when told to stay out of the trash can. She loved to chew up paper. We could get her to howl if we did it first. Definitely a pack instinct.
d09i.jpg

This is "Hunter" our current dog. He's a mix of a male Rottweiler and a female Red Heeler (but he came out blue, go figure). You can see some red molting on his legs. He's waiting for me to finish working on the Jeep so he can get a ride!
8y91.jpg

I'm more of an Akita Inu guy. This is a Kaylie and she loves Jeeps.

IMG_0125_zpsc440af4b.jpg

IMG_0151_zpse34de14a.png

The pooch got to go for a CJ ride today.

uzy6uvym.jpg

eba8y8a9.jpg

e8adubyh.jpg

She did well, a bit top heavy so we tried to keep her laying on the little bit of trail we did.

It wore her out!
yte3y5y8.jpg

Troy Cantrell
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build thread - '66 CJ 6:
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15075

Last edited:
My lab-mix Oscar got to go on his inaugural CJ ride today (along with my dads Pit and his wife's Chihuahua) :cool:

BB7583D4-8A15-4118-BC34-E9F7EFB16C59.jpg

6578EDA6-D83E-40B1-B612-C4879D9B8A8D.jpg

I think it's safe to say that Oscar likes the new ride :D

16DAF8CE-E91D-4B08-8405-7A01DD607010.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom