Jeep Dogs

Jeep Dogs

BusaDave9

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8, T18 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case with TeraLow 3:1 gears, 4.88 axle gears, Detroit Locker up front and Ox Locker in back with 1 piece axle shafts, 36" SuperSwamper SX Tires, Shackle reversal, MileMarker Hydraulic winch, MSD 6A ignition.
Just wondering if anyone has a dog as a Jeep'n partner. How do they like the bumpy ride?

I recently got a White Shepard puppy and named him Koda. He's 3 1/2 months old now.
KodaintheJeep.jpg
We went to the LaPlata Mountains west of town and took a trail up Deadwood mountain.
15ViewfromDeadwoodMt.jpg

23Koda.jpg
Koda got his first look at snow.
53KodaDeadwoodMtLarge.jpg

Max is a Jeep dog - not for riding in it, but it's his favorite spot to sleep. Got to talk to him about using his head for a wheel chock.

Attachments

• P6090008.JPG
    P6090008.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,438
Here's some pictures of Koda at 2 months old.
He's growing fast.
Koda2monthsold49.jpg
Koda2monthsold41.jpg

My dog ginger loves the jeep. As a puppy she got into the jeep at night and chewed the steering wheel up and the straps for the bikini top, but know she just likes to ride around with me and the boys.

Both of ours Love to head out in the 8

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 924
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 421
  • Wills Misc 011.jpg
    Wills Misc 011.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 402
My Girl (Babygirl the one eyed cow) loves jeep rides! She's like the dog on "Up" though... one second shes behaving and laying calmly, then next... SQUIRREL!! and wants jump out. lol

DSC00796.jpg

Our Beagle Lucy doesn't want to be left behind, doesn't like the bumpy Rubicon, but doesnt like seeing the jeep driving around without her in it either! lol She's getting old and grumpy :D

They were tired here, babygirl can curl up pretty small for a Pitbull...:cool::
DSC00800.jpg

Had a long day of walking around the Jeeps and such on the Rubicon.

Her favorite spot to ride is in my signature pic. Right between me and passenger.

My next dog I'd like to train from the beginning to be able to ride hop out and stay out of the way of the jeep and hop back in, and to be able to walk away from my Jeep without her / him tied up and know she / he will be there when I get back. ;)

:chug:

~ JR

Worlds best Jeep dog ever was Barker (RIP)
he was always ready and rode shotgun on many a trip
used to jump in the drivers seat just to keep it warm for me if I jumped out for a second
Barker did many years exploring the mountains and deserts of Southern California with me and I miss that dog every time I get in one of my Jeeps. He was the ultimate Jeep dog. Always ready for a trip no matter what the weather was.
My current Jeep dog is Beatrice, but she is no Barker, She loves the time with Dad but just does not get into the outdoors like Barker did. Seems she is more interested in camp food, Barker was into the adventure. No leaf went unturned, no squirrel went untreed. The sound of the Jeep starting and he got excited.

Our chocolate lab Salem... Loves the jeep and loves to drool all over "her" back seat!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340573209567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340573209567.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 264
This is Bear he loves to ride in the Jeeps and always gets lots of looks.

Salem, our chocolate lab is as happy as a pig in poo!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341585421482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341585421482.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 252
Cool pictures! I surely miss ol' Redneck, my old Chocolate lab. I've been thinkin' about gettin' a new pup, but just haven't decided yet. I don't know what I want. Probably will rescue a mutt from the pound.

So one of the reasons we wanted the CJ6 was that it has more room in the back for our Great Dane. No pictures of her in it yet but will post some as soon as it is back on the street.

Wika, my Australlian cattle dog. She's an anywhere dad is dog. She loves to ride with me and gets upset if someone takes her seat next to me.

Sadie is our 10 month old GSD she is a great helper and loves to go for rides in the TJ or my truck.

Attachments

• dscn2567.jpg
    dscn2567.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 265
  • dscn2565.jpg
    dscn2565.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 289
  • dscn2564.jpg
    dscn2564.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 296

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks