Fishing

Fishing
I know, and I miss it every day. :(
My wife (at the time) and I wanted to get our daughters into larger and what we thought would be more advanced schools. We checked out the area several times and thought it would be a good place to relocate.

So we sold the business, sold the house, and moved to Bever-lee...er....Twin Falls. Turned out to be a mistake. The girls all jumped a grade because the schools here are actually behind the ones in MT, we got a divorce within a year, and Now Im stuck in this dead end hole of a town with no place to flyfish.

On the bright side, there is an outstanding offroad club here :cool:

Why dont ya come on back! i mean there arent great off road clubs here but the fishing is great lol i need someone to teach me to fish on the rivers my wife out fished me lol that should never happen

Why dont ya come on back! i mean there arent great off road clubs here but the fishing is great lol i need someone to teach me to fish on the rivers my wife out fished me lol that should never happen

I've really considered it. Right now my life is a little busy and here is where I need to be, as much as I hate it. My girlfriend and I have been talking about moving back up there in a couple of years maybe. Hopefully that "couple of years" goes quickly.

I took my girlfriend up to the Salmon river over by Hailey this past fall to try and teach her how to flyfish. She has only caught 1 other fish in her life and has never fly fished, but on this day she managed to land a 5lb rainbow once she figured out how my flyrod worked :eek:
It was the biggest rainbow anybody in the area had seen all summer long :rolleyes:

I think this next summer we are going to head up to do some fishing on the Stillwater river out by Redlodge. If these plans stay solid, maybe you can take a drive over and meet us for a day of fishing.

I think this next summer we are going to head up to do some fishing on the Stillwater river out by Redlodge. If these plans stay solid, maybe you can take a drive over and meet us for a day of fishing.

I would love to!I really wish i had my CJ7 still but i didnt have time or money for it and im gonna try trading my ford for a decked out 89 Cherokee my buddy owns but either way i dont know if i would drive it cause my TDI golf gets 55mpg on the highway and thats hard to turn down for anything lol

Now Im stuck in this dead end hole of a town with no place to flyfish.:cool:

Dude ther is always a place to flyfish it don't have to be for trout, try fooling a carp in skinny water and save a trip to the flats. There has to be a farm pond nearby you.

I throw flies for bucket mouth bass and pan fish all the time in my stock tank. Nothing quite like having an 8 pound large mouth do a calendar shot on a 9 ft 7 wt. with a salmon streamer on it. Remind me to tell the story of the time a very healthy bass turned into a 2 oz. blue gill just before he was on the bank.:D

IO too bad you're not up this way we could strip streamers in front of 7 to12 pound steelies and catch fish all day!:drool:

I've done some flyfishing for bass and bluegill around here. It's fun, but Im used to clear cold mountain streams, lakes, and rivers.

Actuall "trout" fishing around here consists of the few ponds that are stocked by the fish hatcheries. They are pounded daily by powerbait dunkers and have to be completely re-stocked several time a year :rolleyes: It's really sad.

But even the bass fishing around here leaves a lot to be desired. Native fish are almost non-existant as the powerbaiters once again slam the ponds so hard the fish dont have a chance...so they are stocked up time and time again with tons of 5" smallmouth.

At least back home, we had respectable bass, panfish, and pike fishing... There is almost nothing better then catching pike on a streamer or mouse fly, except maybe a 25" brown trout on the same pattern :cool:

went yesterday afternoon and caught 81 large mouth bass!

went today......threw the smallest fly i had and caught 2 very small blue gill.....BAIT.....well it worked......i swapped over to popper on fly....took regular rod and reel with bait blue gill........and.........

couldnt find my :censored::censored::censored: tape measure so i used my 18 volt Dewalt

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 109
Hmmmm. Lots of talking... 9 pages worth and only a few photos.. LOL:) Here ya go folks. Im here on the Gulf Coast of Texas and I fish every weekend like clock work. I have fished Alaska,Montana,Oregon,Washington,California,Texas Tennessee,Idaho and Utah.. I have been in Texas for almost 20 years now and must say that the Gulf Coast has it going on as far as fishing.. Aww hell here are a few pics to back up all my BS..:chug:

Attachments

• jeep n fish 043.jpg
    jeep n fish 043.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 190
  • jeep n fish 014.jpg
    jeep n fish 014.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 181
  • jeep n fish 015.jpg
    jeep n fish 015.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 204
  • padre island 039.jpg
    padre island 039.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 184
  • The Pond 013.jpg
    The Pond 013.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 224
went today nothing......but the local bait shop has a fly rod and reel ( no line ) for only $25 its an eagle claw 8wt......means for less than $100 i can throw heavy flies....going back saturday and getiing

PICS?

good pics Scotty but this georgia boy has no clue what kind of fish your holding

Attachments

• aaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaa.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0027 (2).jpg
    IMAG0027 (2).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 186
  • my baby 003.jpg
    my baby 003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 183
  • my baby 010.jpg
    my baby 010.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 176
more

Attachments

• my baby 012.jpg
    my baby 012.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 168
  • my baby 013.jpg
    my baby 013.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 196
  • my baby 011.jpg
    my baby 011.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 179
The first 4 photos are Redfish and the last one is a speckeled Trout. The Bay system off the Gulf of Mexico has three main fish Reds,Trout and Flounder. Speckeled Trout are actually not a true trout they are in the drum family. But with there silver and black spots and rose gill plate they look like a trout.

Nice Bass man! :chug:

I fish south of Apalachicola when ever I can! About 18 miles south of the bay is a great man made reef (an old causeway bridge) that groupers just love to sit in!

with lake seminole and lake wimico in your traveling path ? maybe i need to go to the gulf....would love to see what a boogle bug will do on the gulf

fishing is more than a passion ....i might have to replace it with crack to get my mind off of it .....after the rain i want to throw a fly in the puddles

with lake seminole and lake wimico in your traveling path ? maybe i need to go to the gulf....would love to see what a boogle bug will do on the gulf

OK not trying to float my own boat.. But I toss a fly also. I also tie saltwayer flys. I did not however tie the spoon fly thats placed so perfictaly in this Sheeps Heads mouth. The Redfish was picked up on one of my rootbeer orange clousers.Come on down im on fish all year long! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4613.jpg
    IMG_4613.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 184
loaded up the CJ and took off.

picked up a little something while i was out

Attachments

• IMG_9638.jpg
    IMG_9638.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 194
Just found this thread... so these are a little old... But this from my Alaska trip in 09:cool:

First one my friends beautiful Rainbow caught on fly rod...
2nd, My Halibut
3rd, My 65lb 56" long Ling-cod (spelling?)
4th, The groups catch minus the halibut's already cleaned and fillet...
5th, River on a private native Island off coast of Homer Spit (little plane ride over to a crazy beach landing...) The rivers on this Island are seriously (as you can see) packed with fish! These are all salmon, we were fly fishing for the trout under them, :cool: Only time in my life when you hook a salmon you say " Ah :censored: another Salmon... " :cool:

:chug:

Attachments

• JR Alaska 031.jpg
    JR Alaska 031.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 204
  • JR Alaska 059.jpg
    JR Alaska 059.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 185
  • JR Alaska 067.jpg
    JR Alaska 067.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 187
  • JR Alaska 063.jpg
    JR Alaska 063.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 197
  • JR Alaska 108.jpg
    JR Alaska 108.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 198

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks