Fishing

Fishing
Caught this one last year...Yes I caught the fish..not the lure...

Attachments

• littlefish.jpg
    littlefish.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 105
Fishing is a little on the unusual side, here in the rich coastal habitat of South MS and LA. Salt and fresh-water fish intermingle with every kind of creature the swamps and Gulf of Mexico have as residents or transients.

Here are a couple of photos from this year; bigger plans for next year! BTW, some of the photos are biological collecting expeditions for scientific research for Univ. South MS. We are not just raping the habitat, and most of the creatures we catch are released.

bon chance,

Denny Hugg

Attachments

• Elgin with sacalait Bayou Lacombe 10Mar09_0008.jpg
    Elgin with sacalait Bayou Lacombe 10Mar09_0008.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 152
  • alligator snapper Fish Lake 05Mar09_0024.jpg
    alligator snapper Fish Lake 05Mar09_0024.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Apr80-08 Select Louisiana oyster 1200x896.jpg
    Apr80-08 Select Louisiana oyster 1200x896.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Steve's blue cat 04Mar09_0003.jpg
    Steve's blue cat 04Mar09_0003.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 102
  • Vasyl Tkach with longnose gar 14Mar2009.jpg
    Vasyl Tkach with longnose gar 14Mar2009.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 133
Finally got my liscence and made it to the lake. here are two of the three I hooked.

Before
before.jpg

After
after.jpg

I love trout fishing, mostly because I like the places where trout live.:cool: And a fly rod is my weapon of choice.:D you look so cool you really don't have to catch anything.

Finally got my liscence and made it to the lake. here are two of the three I hooked.

Before
before.jpg

After
after.jpg

Hey DHugg thats a great Gar there!

Just renewed my season pass up in the Great NW and this was literally my first fish of the season. Camera is kinda bad so not all the color shows but it's a rainbow.

:chug:

It was at a smaller lake in town so my guess is it's one that survived from last spring's planting.

Attachments

• trout 1.jpg
    trout 1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 95
  • trout2.jpg
    trout2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 129
Good work, peep6543. I love rainbows, although I have caught but very few. Gets a bit warm here at 30 North for 'Bows. I hadda go summers else to find a few.

Cold winter has upset the spawning schedule here on the Gulf Coast. Last week (1st wk of May), the big black crappie were schooled up in the shade under a bridge on US190 by Lake Pontchartrain. We released a lot of fish, females who have yet to spawn when indeed the spawn should be over.

Life is good here, for now. How bad the oil gets is yet to be seem, but we already know it won't be pretty.

Denny

Attachments

• Elgin's 2pounder 5May2010 900x1200 2646.jpg
    Elgin's 2pounder 5May2010 900x1200 2646.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Fat Boy with a fat fish 5May2010 1200x900_2635.jpg
    Fat Boy with a fat fish 5May2010 1200x900_2635.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 115
We went fishing friday at the dam (our favorite hole) got totally skunked, and to top it off, I was playing with my new GPS unit, had set it on a chair and a gust of wind blew the chair over and my $400 toy went into the drink.
I jumped in (after checking the water depth with my portable sonar, supposedly about 5 ft deep) I don't swim well, but I never did touch bottom. HMM. My bride dived in and dove a few times, and even she could not touch the bottom. So my GPS sit at the bottom of the lake now...:(
you do know I scuba dive.....

Dang Dawg's muddy'd up my fishin hole.

This thread realy proves that jeeps and fishing go together! I knew I couldnt be alone in thinking that. I haven't dropped a hook in the water yet this year, but hopefully soon. It's not like I have to go very far, I can litteraly sit on my back porch and catch brookies, brown and rainbows. Gotta love it!

The boy caught several of these the other day:

dsc05686.jpg

This was my catch of the day:

dsc05688.jpg

My big catch of the weekend was a slipper lobster that I caught bottom fishing with squid bait- damn things went out of season last month- tossed it back with my mouth watering:drool::(

Not to bring up an old thread or anything....:D

This was my last fishing trip in Montana, just before I moved. I miss the flyfishing more then anything else. Course, the elk hunting wasn't too bad :rolleyes:
th_vxing9-26a.jpg

th_tucker9-25a.jpg

th_tucker9-25b.jpg

th_rainbow_a.jpg

Not to bring up an old thread or anything....:D

This was my last fishing trip in Montana, just before I moved. I miss the flyfishing more then anything else. Course, the elk hunting wasn't too bad :rolleyes:
th_vxing9-26a.jpg

th_tucker9-25a.jpg

th_tucker9-25b.jpg

th_rainbow_a.jpg

Woah wait someone else was from montana? where did ya catch those at?

Woah wait someone else was from montana? where did ya catch those at?

I used to live in a little town called Victor a few miles south of Missoula, born and raised there. I caught those in the Bitteroot river in mid-september. The brown trout fishing is spectacular that time of year and that's what I was looking for when I caught the cut's and rainbows

I used to live in a little town called Victor a few miles south of Missoula, born and raised there. I caught those in the Bitteroot river in mid-september. The brown trout fishing is spectacular that time of year and that's what I was looking for when I caught the cut's and rainbows

Oh wow im born and raised from billings,MT never bee further then dillon though and i got to butte every year to elk hunt and im an avid fisherman as well but i dont do so hot on the river haha its nice to see another montana boy on here! why did ya move to idaho though? you left gods county :(

why did ya move to idaho though? you left gods county :(

I know, and I miss it every day. :(
My wife (at the time) and I wanted to get our daughters into larger and what we thought would be more advanced schools. We checked out the area several times and thought it would be a good place to relocate.

So we sold the business, sold the house, and moved to Bever-lee...er....Twin Falls. Turned out to be a mistake. The girls all jumped a grade because the schools here are actually behind the ones in MT, we got a divorce within a year, and Now Im stuck in this dead end hole of a town with no place to flyfish.

On the bright side, there is an outstanding offroad club here :cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks