Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Have we heard from CJ?

Only one week left. See you guys soon. :D
:banana:
Call me on my cell phone when you arrive. On the trails we'll use CB channel 21. I have learned it's good to give out that info early.

I am very sorry but we just cannot pull this off. It seems everytime we fix something - something else very bad wrong is found. While replacing the rear springs and shocks on the explorer we discovered the rear brake lines were failing and needed to be replaced. My husband scratched some rust off one place and a few minutes later it was dripping. Plus we needed all new e-brake cables...and he recently further strained his back. We did not realize this vehicle needed so much work. It has to be fixed anyway because we drive it in the winter, but it is just too much to get done in the time we would have with all the other things going on.

:( Old Murphy's Law has prevailed. :bang::bang: I am very sorry but we won't be there. I cancelled our reservations at the River's Edge. I hope when we finish our '59 CJ5 build we can visit the area in the future. My husband was looking through the pictures and he was also really wanting to come. We are both feeling badly about this. We really, really tried....

I look forward to the pictures from the ride and wish you all a safe, fun trip!

I am very sorry but we just cannot pull this off.
This is very disappointing news. I was really looking forward to meeting you and your husband. :(

Well I hate it that this trip has dwindled in size but believe me I DO understand. This trip has been become virtually a religious pilgrimage for me. I can't tell you how bad I need to be there. Me and Ouray go back a long way. It has an inexplicable allure.

If my Jeep doesn't ship by Tuesday I will be flat towing it out there behind my Expedition. The trip out will be horrible. Leaving late Friday night...but I'm eating pizza at the Historic Western Hotel Saturday night come hell or high water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I hate it that this trip has dwindled in size but believe me I DO understand. This trip has been become virtually a religious pilgrimage for me. I can't tell you how bad I need to be there. Me and Ouray go back a long way. It has an inexplicable allure.

If my Jeep doesn't ship by Tuesday I will be flat towing it out there behind my Expedition. The trip out will be horrible. Leaving late Friday night...but I'm eating pizza at the Historic Western Hotel Saturday night come hell or high water.

Let the force be with you

Well I guess there's still a chance we'll make it...:) I hate last minute changes...
Somehow my husband got new rear brake lines run, the e-brakes installed and we took it for a test drive and all seems well. Since I cancelled our reservations yesterday - I will have to call and see if we can get those back. I'm such an idiot...:eek: Yeah that's me...:rolleyes:

About all I can say at this point is if you see us there - well then we made it. Big gray F350 pulling trailer with black 2000 explorer and Wisconsin tags. I can post back here right before we leave....

I have other stuff to do so I'm going to vote and then log off...

Best wishes CJ

Unfortunately he will be in recovery at the time and date of the trip.

Well I wish you the best indeed. I'll post YouTube links of the days runs so those not in attendance can see it...

Well I guess there's still a chance we'll make it...:) I hate last minute changes...
I sure hope you can make it. One week from now we'll be on top of Engineer Pass.
Day3-22EngineerPassLookout_zps3eaa4dc1.jpg

I sure hope you can make it. One week from now we'll be on top of Engineer Pass.
Day3-22EngineerPassLookout_zps3eaa4dc1.jpg

who is that handsome gentleman standing next to that awesome yellow CJ5??:D

I was thinking it was me but I don't have a yellow CJ5 :rolleyes:

who is that handsome gentleman standing next to that awesome yellow CJ5??:D
I thought it was Larry but he's not as good looking as the guy you describe. :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately CJ will be in recovery at the time and date of the trip.
I just realized this could be misinterpreted. :rolleyes: CJ will not be in detox. He will be recovering from surgery.

Well I wish you the best indeed. I'll post YouTube links of the days runs so those not in attendance can see it...

Be sure the camera is running when you do the steps on Black Bear.:D

Be sure the camera is running when you do the steps on Black Bear.:D

Ha! No kidding - I remember your post where you missed it (I think it was you).

I have a setup where I'll have a GoPro on the roll bar and I'm cutting into the case to allow for a USB to power the camera nonstop. I have a Wi-Fi remote that can start/stop the video if need be, but I think it'll run nonstop except for lunch.

I'm "hoping" :D I can mount the other one on the back of Dave's Jeep so it points back towards me and whoever else can make it - but I've not asked Dave that yet (just thought of it this morning).

There's a third one that may find itself on the foot step on the driver's side for Black Bear in particular.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks