Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Well guys and gals, I have to go in for surgery in July which is going to eat most of my vacation time up. So I won't be able to make the ride this year.:mad:
Hopefully Dave will decide to do this again some year.

I wish you the best. :) And a speedy recovery

Well guys and gals, I have to go in for surgery in July which is going to eat most of my vacation time up. So I won't be able to make the ride this year.:mad:
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well.
I was really hoping to meet and four wheel with you.

Well, I don't know. :rolleyes: How can there be two Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Rides? :confused:

Thanks guys, nothing to serious, just cataract surgery.
My eye has gotten to bad to wait any longer though.
I had to go in to renew my drivers license and just passed the daytime and flunked the nighttime. It's also getting real hard to read blueprints for work.
I wish all this could have waited till next year.

Let me say, if any of you guys are in the area, let me know. We could go on our own trial ride. I'd like to show you guys the mountain trails.
:chug:

Thanks guys, nothing to serious, just cataract surgery.
My eye has gotten to bad to wait any longer though.
I had to go in to renew my drivers license and just passed the daytime and flunked the nighttime. It's also getting real hard to read blueprints for work.
I wish all this could have waited till next year.

:)Take care old buddy!

:D:D:D:D

I was looking forward to meeting you in CO as well.
I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the road.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

I am sorry you will miss this experience, it is worth the drive.:D

that being said, being able to see is a very cool thing.:cool:

I am very sorry to hear you will not make the ride... I was really looking forward to meeting in person, meeting your wife, swapping stories...yeah, I had it all planned out.....life doesn't work that way - right?

I certainly understand about vision problems. Please keep us posted on what's going on and our thoughts and prayers will be with you for your surgery and recovery. Your friend and fellow jeeper - JoEllen

Well, I don't know. :rolleyes: How can there be two Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Rides? :confused:

EASY! Every Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride is the LAST Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride....................ya know...............until the next one............in which case THAT one becomes the LAST one............until the following year...........:D

I may have missed it but what is the plan for Thursday of that week. If I can make it we wouldn't be there until Tuesday night.

I may have missed it but what is the plan for Thursday of that week. If I can make it we wouldn't be there until Tuesday night.
For Thursday?
Thursday we'll be going into Governor Basin and Yankee Boy Basin. These are some steep sided canyons with rocky mountains around. Check out this link for what's in store for that day: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f63/governor-basin-yankee-boy-basin-22745/

The schedule for the whole week of trail rides is here: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f100/announcing-last-colorado-jeep-cj-trail-ride-21135/#post172879

:chug:

Thanks. It looks like it skips from Wednesday to Friday with no Thursday plans. The first link gave me the info though. I hope we can make it!

Last edited:
Sounds like a awesome trip, thanks for the great pics and description of the trail, I hiked abunch of Sperry Glaicer national Park and I think this looks like driving down the hiking trail from Sperry Glaicer to the Sperry Chalet cabins lol, would love to make this run but heading to Africa for a hunt so no can do this year, you are a jeep trail ride expert and I am a flatlander :chug: Somebody hang a Go Pro so I can enjoy the view from Florida when I get home from Africa.

I'll be GoPro-ing M-W. And I'm doing Yankee Boy on Sunday prior. I'll make sure you can see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thought that I would kick this thread and get status updates.

there were 5 for sure and 5 hope to s.

who is doing well and who is broke down?:D

I'm behind schedule :censored:, but will be there...details, details, details....:madjeep:

Still to do...
Axles
Re-bleed brakes
Dana 30 steering ujoints
Adjust carb, fine-tune timing
Fix Quadratrac e-drive

Unless someone entered us into one of those shows where they steal your build and finish it for you in a week I cannot imagine we could get our CJ ready for this trip. I've been looking for a Jeep to buy or rent, but no luck there either. I misunderstood Dave's comments about bringing a different 4x4 and I found out we would only be able to ride with the group 1 or 2 of the 5 days with our Ranger 4x4. Renting a jeep there only gets one more day. So we need our own jeep to ride with the group. I get it now and it makes sense. I'm sorry that I misunderstood.

There are some other issues (medical) that have developed just recently and right now I don't think my better half could go wheeling. He's in some pain and has some additional appointments scheduled. We should know more soon.

I really, really wanted to go on this trip. You all cannot know how important it was to me. But I cannot abandon my better half right now. We'll see. I still have the reservations, but it's not looking good. We are still working on our CJ as much as possible given the situation.

I guess I need to change my vote from "100% sure I will be there" to "It might still be possible".

Thanks everyone for your support. It is appreciated!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom