Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok where are the pictures? Stop drinking beer and eating pizza!.…just kidding drink more beer

I'm thinking they are having so much fun that we are the last thing on their minds;)

I'll post YouTube links of the days runs so those not in attendance can see it...

What is it, having to much fun, to much beer at the end of the day? I sure hope you all didn't drive off the side of the mountain.:D

We're having a great time. I don't plan on posting a trail report until I get back home. I want to name and maybe crop my pictures. 007 took lots of videos but he'll have to edit them because we don't want to post our trail report in the Adventure Club.

Wish more folks could have made the trip!

I'm thinking they are having so much fun that we are the last thing on their minds;)

We are having a great time - wish you could have joined us...:)

What is it, having to much fun, to much beer at the end of the day? I sure hope you all didn't drive off the side of the mountain. :D

And you too! Wish you were here!

:oops: - not yet!!!:eek:

So far so good in our "Blue Oval"...but my husband has quoted you on several trails... :notworthy: ..."More finesse, less throttle" It's possible he may be a jeeper after all!! :D

We have SO many pics it's going to take a bit to get them all organized, but we have not forgotten about you all...for now you're just going to have to wait...:p

Last edited:
007 took lots of videos but he'll have to edit them because we don't want to post our trail report in the Adventure Club.

lol

Potty mouth versions huh?

:censored:

Tons of pics and tons of video's. Make us feel like we were there with yunz! ;)

I gota say I'm impressed with Curt's driving. He and JoEllen came out here with their Explorer. Early in the week I was looking for mild trails and alternate routes so they we could still go out with us. Curt is a prfessional driver but he's never really been off roading till now. With some finesse and careful tire placement he's kept up with the rest of us. He especially impressed me today. When I realized some trails that were harder than last time I did them, I was almost expecting him to curse me out for taking him out there but instead he as eager for more. And more is what he got. Today was the hardest day. It was also one of the most enjoyable.

Heading home... In NE now.. Should be there in 12 hours or so..

sent from my droid maxx using Tapatalk

I will get videos up early next week. It takes time to edit and upload that much data. I'll be coordinating with Dave on all of this as well. That said...it was AWESOME as expected. Dave does a hell of a job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I gota say I'm impressed with Curt's driving. He and JoEllen came out here with their Explorer. Early in the week I was looking for mild trails and alternate routes so they we could still go out with us. Curt is a prfessional driver but he's never really been off roading till now. With some finesse and careful tire placement he's kept up with the rest of us. He especially impressed me today. When I realized some trails that were harder than last time I did them, I was almost expecting him to curse me out for taking him out there but instead he as eager for more. And more is what he got. Today was the hardest day. It was also one of the most enjoyable.

Well, we made it home to Wisconsin around 10:20 Saturday night. Make no mistake Dave, I am cursing you out! because by 10:45 I was on my computer searching for parts for our 59 project jeep with all the new ideas I now have after looking at yours and Mikes jeeps. Many of the parts we already purchased are going to end up on the shelf to be replaced by the "new and improved" parts I now know that I need. (Money, money, money, money!) I can't wait! That was the greatest time I have had in a very long time, thanks to you, and three of the greatest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, not to mention, a wife who pushed me into this! (Thanks dear!!)

the most fun you can have , with your cloths on.:D

Arrived home last night at 11pm
Had a fantastic time
Most amazing place I've ever been
Thanks to mriplaybass, oldjeeplady, 007, and Brian for allowing me to ride along with them
A special thanks to Dave and Koda for their generous hospitality.

Well, we made it home to Wisconsin around 10:20 Saturday night. Make no mistake Dave, I am cursing you out! because by 10:45 I was on my computer searching for parts for our 59 project jeep with all the new ideas I now have after looking at yours and Mikes jeeps. Many of the parts we already purchased are going to end up on the shelf to be replaced by the "new and improved" parts I now know that I need. (Money, money, money, money!) I can't wait! That was the greatest time I have had in a very long time, thanks to you, and three of the greatest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, not to mention, a wife who pushed me into this! (Thanks dear!!)

I take it we'll be seeing more of you around here? Congrats. Looks like the Jeep bug bites hard in Colorado. :D Did you put the Exploder on Craigslist yet to help fund th Cj? ;)

Im so glad you went even though you didnt have the Cj. It sounds like you all had a great time and I know it was something you really wanted to do. Glad it all worked out in the end. :chug:
Heading home... In NE now.. Should be there in 12 hours or so..

sent from my droid maxx using Tapatalk

Im so glad you went even though you didnt have the Cj. It sounds like you all had a great time and I know it was something you really wanted to do. Glad it all worked out in the end. :chug:

Thanks Pete -

I am hoping that when other folks see the pics of where we all went with our "Blue Oval" Explorer they will come on future trips even if their CJ isn't trail ready. We had a blast!!:D

There are SO many places to ride even with a stock 4x4. Yes, some of the trails were more aggressive than when Dave had ridden them last - but with an expert guide and the group spotting us a few times we did just fine. Of course my hubby (mriplaybass) at the wheel and the way he picked up on how to pick your line through, well that was pretty awesome!!

And I think he's hooked now...:D:D:D
He needs some more friends here on the forum - you all feel free to send him a "friend invite";)

And we'll be keeping the Explorer - we run it pretty hard here in the Winter. We tried to bring as much of the CO mud back with us, but it rained really hard on the way back....there's still tons underneath we can scrape off into a canning jar and then pan for gold....:rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks