Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Announcing the Last Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Ha! No kidding - I remember your post where you missed it (I think it was you).

I have a setup where I'll have a GoPro on the roll bar and I'm cutting into the case to allow for a USB to power the camera nonstop. I have a Wi-Fi remote that can start/stop the video if need be, but I think it'll run nonstop except for lunch.

I'm "hoping" :D I can mount the other one on the back of Dave's Jeep so it points back towards me and whoever else can make it - but I've not asked Dave that yet (just thought of it this morning).

There's a third one that may find itself on the foot step on the driver's side for Black Bear in particular.

point it sideways to get perspective of pitch. the problem with video is it gives on idea of how steep you are climbing/descending. It just looks like it is all flat and level.:D

Good point. The new 3+ Black Edition that I'll have on the roll bar gives a wider view than ever before. I "hope" to be able to get even the top of the windshield, the hood as well as the horizon in there, and that should show a lot when especially on Black Bear.

UPS just delivered my clamp that I can hang one upside down on the step on my Jeep. I'm hoping to capture the front wheel and the drop off including Telluride.

We shall see...

Well I guess there's still a chance we'll make it...:) I hate last minute changes...
Somehow my husband got new rear brake lines run, the e-brakes installed and we took it for a test drive and all seems well. Since I cancelled our reservations yesterday - I will have to call and see if we can get those back. I'm such an idiot...:eek: Yeah that's me...:rolleyes:

About all I can say at this point is if you see us there - well then we made it. Big gray F350 pulling trailer with black 2000 explorer and Wisconsin tags. I can post back here right before we leave....

I have other stuff to do so I'm going to vote and then log off...

Well I couldn't get reservations at the River's Edge....But we got one at Box Canyon Lodge....:)

We're loaded and ready to leave early in the morning. We hope to get as far as North Platte, NE for the first night.

Loaded01_opt_zps64964b77.jpg

Loaded02_opt_zps5ddb27aa.jpg

I hope the trip out goes well...for everyone...;)

:chug:

Well I couldn't get reservations at the River's Edge....But we got one at Box Canyon Lodge....:)
..;)
You should have called me. I have an extra reservation at the Rivers Edge in case anyone has trouble getting reservations. I plan on cancelling those reservations today. I'll try to call you.

I headed out at 1am Saturday. In Junction City KS now.

19225ae2dfa03189b7553cd029084713.jpg

6b21f2c974f4374568848e1d93ac271b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep in mind that if you drink enough monster energy drink the hallucinations will make the trip that much more interesting.:D

I'm in Bunker Hill Kansas. It's 98 degrees and about a 40mph crosswind. Between the 5 Hour Energy's and the Rockstar Diamond Ice we are hanging in there....

And OldJeepLady should be through Minnesota by now.
See you guys tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this. We'll meet up at O'Briens Pub tomorrow evening. It's a short walk from the motel (I guess everything in Ouray is). As I said before all these trails can be done in a stock Jeep but this time we have a ford we'll have to tow along... I mean that will be following along. (i'm just kidding) ;)
I'd like to talk about some alternate routes such as Ophir Pass in stead of Black Bear. All these trails are a blast. It's going to be a great time.

I was hoping IOPort would make it, but that won't be happening. And what about djohnbb62? He's been on every Colorado Jeep-CJ trail ride but he never announces it until a week or so before the start. Are you going to be here Dan?

I'm near Colby KS and I just had a couple from New York in a JK slow down beside me and take pictures of my CJ then ride up beside me and give me the thumbs up! Hope they are heading to Ouray as well....

We're somewhere in NE.. GPS says we should get to North Platte about 8:15… Pandora is keeping the beat… And we'll keep up with you all the best we can in our ford.. :). Laugh!

Stratton Colorado here...

We don't want you all to miss out on Black Bear because we didn't get our CJ done... If taking a different trail alone is a bad idea we could just take the highway to Telluride meet and take Imogene back... 007 has put lots into his video setup and every one is looking forward to that so don't give that up.. We are fine with this.. Really :)

Stratton Colorado here...
Welcome to Colorado!

We're somewhere in NE.. GPS says we should get to North Platte about 8:15… Pandora is keeping the beat… And we'll keep up with you all the best we can in our ford.. :). Laugh!
Are you staying in North Platte tonight? I stayed there 3 months ago when I rode my Harley to Minnesota. You'll have 9 hours to ride Sunday to get to Ouray.

We don't want you all to miss out on Black Bear because we didn't get our CJ done...
Don't worry about it. We'll talk over the options. Whatever we decide I'm sure everyone will have a good time.
:chug:
Keep us posted on your progress and ETA.

I'm just getting into Colorado Springs now. We're going to take 115 down to Canon city and get on 50 and go across that way

Yes- We made it to North Platte!
And to our hotel
And we have ordered Pizza!!:drool:

Eat, Sleep, Drive - we will be on the road early...13 hours straight driving for mriplaybass today -

And sounds like 9 tomorrow (thanks Dave) before we get there...we'll keep you posted. This is SO much easier on my laptop than texting tapatalk in the truck. Of course it might have something to do with my up close double vision...:eek:

007 - Watch out for deer and have a safe trip in!

I hope Posi's flight went well!

Talk to you all tomorrow! :chug:

Making the best of it thanks
Pulling an allnighter at O'hare
Flight delay missed the connector
Plan B heading to Dallas tomorrow morning

Whew. Finally made it... LONG trip for a nonstop.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks