Favorite tool?

Favorite tool?
Was the program We-Cim or possibly SigmaNest? Both of those can manage rems for you. I run We-cim to control mach3. Amazing what that software can do, even a part inside of a part if the drop is big enough. I have a few versions of AutCad dating back to '99. It is hard to keep up with the newest version $$:drool:
I really have no idea what program was used for the ins and outs of it all. I was just the guy on the table...

Interestingly enough, i am watching the show Modern Marvels right now. They are talking about a plasma cuting table for precision and its capabilities. I am such a nerd:D

You can't beat good tools.

Picked this up to remove some busted rivets on my RV. Both shock mounts at the top were riveted into the frame 3 each side and all of the failed. Just got air hammer last week and got the rivets out tonight.

ytazy4ur.jpg

Troy--
Steering rehab- http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4106
Build thread- http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f98/1966-cj-6-build-15075/

Mine is my miller 130 and my Plasma cutter! i paid $400 for the welder and $140 for the plasma cutter, both have hardly any use on them!

My favorite tool is my DVOM. Nothing feels better than diagnosing and fixing a stubborn electrical problem.

Mine's what I call a Hose Clamp Driver.

It's a flexible-shaft nutdriver with a reversible socket (1/4 and 5/16) for use on hose clamps. It's the most convenient tool in my shop, even stacked up against my mill & lathe, both full-size, and two welders allowing all four processes.

I love it because both sizes are right there, on the tool. You never have a straight shot at a hose clamp. Also it's too easy to strip out the Philips head ones and too easy to over-tighten them when using a small ratchet.

I accidentally left my first one in a pick and pull yard and was absolutely devastated, because I found it in the bargain bin at my local FLAPS and was sure I would never find another one. My wife somehow managed to find one and it was the best day of my life. :chug:

Mine's what I call a Hose Clamp Driver.

It's a flexible-shaft nutdriver with a reversible socket (1/4 and 5/16) for use on hose clamps. It's the most convenient tool in my shop, even stacked up against my mill & lathe, both full-size, and two welders allowing all four processes.

I love it because both sizes are right there, on the tool. You never have a straight shot at a hose clamp. Also it's too easy to strip out the Philips head ones and too easy to over-tighten them when using a small ratchet.

I accidentally left my first one in a pick and pull yard and was absolutely devastated, because I found it in the bargain bin at my local FLAPS and was sure I would never find another one. My wife somehow managed to find one and it was the best day of my life. :chug:

It's funny how such a simple little tool can make us guys feel like we won the lotto. It must be what women feel like when they get candy and flowers...lol

here is a list of favorites and what they do

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching
flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the
chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-
painted Jeep hood which you had carefully placed in the corner
where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them
somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light.
Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in
about the time it takes you to say, "Oh sh!#..."

SKILL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the
creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert
minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija
board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked,
unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its
course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off
bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be
used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

WELDING GLOVES: Heavy duty leather gloves used to prolong
the conduction of intense welding heat to the palm
of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting
various flammable objects in your shop on fire.
Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which
you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch
wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool ten times harder
than any known drill bit that snaps neatly off in bolt holes thereby
ending any possible future use.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops
to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into
the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the
outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile
strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

CRAFTSMAN * x 24-INCH SCREWDRIVER: A very large pry bar
that inexplicably has an accurately machined
screwdriver tip on the end opposite the handle.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals
under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin
oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as
the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes
used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip
or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer
nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive
parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

DAMMIT TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the
garage while yelling 'DAMMIT!' at the top of your lungs. It is also,
most often, the next tool that you will need. __________________

LOL

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

It's funny how such a simple little tool can make us guys feel like we won the lotto. It must be what women feel like when they get candy and flowers...lol

Not all of us. Flowers & Candy are overrated ;) I requested a new Power Drill for several "gift giving" occaisions. Received a new Cordless Set w/ drill, saw & flashlight. Cute, but useless -won't get the jobs done that I work on. Bought myself a DeWalt Hammer Drill- could NOT live without it...

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

3/8" air impact gun. Makes disassembly quick since you can pop regular sockets on it and small enough to get in tight spots

My air compressor because it drives a lot of my tools.

My most recent favorite tool combo: Air Compressor + MityVac venturi air-powered brake system bleeder.

My all time favorite air compressor trick:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

-Jon

:)

Bridgeport Vertical Mill.........

This tool makes Tools!

:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• 443.jpg
    443.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 72
Being in the humid south my favorite is the air conditioned shop. I don't seem to get the red butt as bad when sweat is not running in my eyes. A close second would be a 1/2 inch impact restored 2 jeeps and have not found anything on both that it would not break.

No one has posted here for awhile, but here are my favorites.
Snap-On 3/8" Round Head, Swivel Head Ratchet, that had a smaller black handle that did not fit my hand, so installed one of my extra screw driver handles on, and now it thinks it is a 1/2".
Snap-On 18" 32oz Ball Peen, in Orange so I do not loose it, this is the second one. The first thru the shot all over a D18.
Miller Special Tools C 3281 Flange Holder, to hold those Dana Flanges. This is one big wrench!
My third used to be my Vim 230 U-Joint Snap Ring Plies w/ Push Pin Remover, but I do not do much DL work since Mac passed away.

Attachments

• My Two Favorites (Copy).jpg
    My Two Favorites (Copy).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 173
  • My Third (Copy).jpg
    My Third (Copy).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 180
my vice, and any tool that i build from scratch, my flow bench

Favorite tool: That's too difficult to answer. It depends on the job. Sometimes it's my air compressor, other times it's the angle grinder, then the MIG welder is KING of the shop, lately the 3/4" bi-metallic hole saw rules the roost. .... but I do love my Craftsman Professional Grade wrenches, especially the 1/2" and 9/16". I'll bypass several other perfectly good wrenches of the same size, spending considerable time digging around looking for them (during a big job, I know where the wrenches are parked for the night).

Jaws-of-Life, Hurst Tool, what ever you my call it! It cuts, bends, unbends, lifts, pulls, stretches, shrinks, and will eat anything insight! :oops: Great for this kind of stuff. If you have never used one, you are really missing out! These things are awesome! :booze: Rod

Bought a 10,000 lift for my wife last year. She says its her favorite tool. :)

DSCN3465_zpse0bb635a.png

DSCN3507_zpsb371d6d0.png

Oh man, now that's not fair..... :)

Well cordless tools are so cool these days.

Building deer stands

Fixing fences

Putting up decent "No Trespassing" signs

And can't forget Maple sap tapping holes :D

Nice lift Posi!

My favorite Jeep related tool is my impact wrench. My favorite non Jeep tool is my backhoe. Because let's face it, backhoes are awesome. :notworthy:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks