Favorite tool?

Favorite tool?
My new favorite tool. Sure makes bleeding brakes easy, and not so messy. Phoenix Brake Bleeder.

v-12_orange_seipo_case300.jpg

http://www.brakebleeder.com/products/bleeder-featured/v-12-brake-bleeder-kit.html

Gerber Multi-Tool. I use mine at work to tighten screws, cut fences, seatbelts, wiring harnesses, etc.

My all time favorite tool has to be my Metabo high speed grinder. it cuts ,, it grinds ,, it polishes .

These are my favorite shop tools!

My absolute favorite tool is the cocktail hour flag, when ever it is raised, all work stops for the day and we go inside for a few adult beverages. My wife bought that tool for me years ago and explained the rules to me. I think she knows when I am frustrated and doing more harm than good so one day I saw it in the garage. I also noticed it was on a cam so it could be up or down. So I asked and she said, "You are king in here, allowed to do what ever you want, but sometimes I can tell you need a brake so if I raise that, you come in and have a beer or 2. Otherwise I will not be here when you are so mad you start throwing stuff." It works great and has actually been a benefit to my career as an amateur mechanic.

Now that's a good idea:cool:. Sounds like my wife as she also knows when I should "close shop."

My all time favorite tool has to be my Metabo high speed grinder. it cuts ,, it grinds ,, it polishes .

And for a Limited time it can be yours, no, make that two of them, FOR THE LOW PRICE OF....! :D

Last edited:
A BFH is now and always will be my favorite tool :cool:

Favorite? That's a tough one. I guess it would be either my metal lathe or my milling machine. But then there's the tig welder also---

Vacuum gauge,

If I could only own one diagnostic tool it would be a vacuum gauge. With it I can set timing, adjust the carb, and check for vacuum leaks, burnt or sticky valves, springs, guides, head gasket, and the list goes on.

Definately my BFH

MY WALLET!

if used properly, it can provide hours of work thru the introduction of new parts and the stockpiling of MORE new parts...

when its empty, those stockpiled parts can still be employed until the wallet recharges itself...

repeat as necessary

but i think my most favoritest tool of all... is my wife... she listens, she helps, she agrees and she offers criticism and ideas... positive AND negative... and the best part is...

shes ALWAYS there... whenever i need her to be

or maybe my gear wrenches

My DAMNIT tool

you know that tool you have in your hand when you scream DAMNIT, and toss it across the garage, only to notice it was the brand new such in such took you just paid 28 bucks for on sale. And when you find it you notice your 93 MPH pitch that would get you signed in the Major League was accurate enough to end up in the box you wife marked: Fragile Great Grand Mothers China set she carried in covered wagon up the Oregon Trail.:eek:

Never become angry at inanimate objects.
They are not actually capable of pissing you off , deliberately.:D
now throwing a PO off an overpass has some merit.:cool:

My DAMNIT tool

you know that tool you have in your hand when you scream DAMNIT, and toss it across the garage, only to notice it was the brand new such in such took you just paid 28 bucks for on sale. And when you find it you notice your 93 MPH pitch that would get you signed in the Major League was accurate enough to end up in the box you wife marked: Fragile Great Grand Mothers China set she carried in covered wagon up the Oregon Trail.:eek:

Never become angry at inanimate objects.
They are not actually capable of pissing you off , deliberately.:D
now throwing a PO off an overpass has some merit.:cool:

You must have better tools IO. Mine do it on purpose sometimes!!! It's like they KNOW I am excited about being almost done or making progress and having a good time, then they don't do what I want them to fast enough or they want me to put them down and invite some friends! Or even worse a stranger (tool I don't have :D) when all I want to do is FN finish!. :laugh:

Oh yeah, another favorite tool of mine is my 20" channel locks :cool:. You can find all kinds of things to clamp or grab or loosen or bang on with them!

My CNC plasma/oxy-fuel table. The only downside is it took my Jeeps parking spot. 22ga to 5"

WSS

Attachments

• Photo267.jpg
    Photo267.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 125
why is it that everyone has one of these but me?:cool:

My CNC plasma/oxy-fuel table. The only downside is it took my Jeeps parking spot. 22ga to 5"

WSS

WSS

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I ran one of these for a while. Very cool machine. Our drawings came from AutoCad. When we used a peice of plate, it would get a number on it. The program we had would remember wht was cut off the plate the last time and let the engineer lay out the new parts on the drop peices.

Virtually no waste in what we were doing. You could even give odd shaped drops a new number and keep up with it all in the program! Took my "expertise" out of the equation. All I had to do was put metal down on the table and clean tips.:(

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I ran one of these for a while. Very cool machine. Our drawings came from AutoCad. When we used a peice of plate, it would get a number on it. The program we had would remember wht was cut off the plate the last time and let the engineer lay out the new parts on the drop peices.

Virtually no waste in what we were doing. You could even give odd shaped drops a new number and keep up with it all in the program! Took my "expertise" out of the equation. All I had to do was put metal down on the table and clean tips.:(

Was the program We-Cim or possibly SigmaNest? Both of those can manage rems for you. I run We-cim to control mach3. Amazing what that software can do, even a part inside of a part if the drop is big enough. I have a few versions of AutCad dating back to '99. It is hard to keep up with the newest version $$:drool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks