Favorite tool?

Favorite tool?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Thought I'd start a favorite tool thread. I mean, common - everyone who works on any vehicle has that 'special' tool or piece of equipment they can't live without.

So what is it?

After much deliberation... It's my Miller Mig welder. Used extensively to fix and repair all the junk I screw up, grind away, break or just plain engineer wrong. :)

What other tool allows you to put back that which you have removed (metal)?

My motto: Why not? I can always weld it back together... :)

I can't even believe is any question here, the Sawzall is the greatest tool ever invented. It will do everything except hammer and I'll bet it could be adapted with that Miller welder...:D

I can't even believe is any question here, the Sawzall is the greatest tool ever invented. It will do everything except hammer and I'll bet it could be adapted with that Miller welder...:D
I'd say the sawzall ranks up there as greatest tool :notworthy:, but I'm still going to have to go with the welder as my favorite... Something about electricity and fire just makes me grin.

Now for tearing up stuff - the sawzall is perfect! After the last hurricane here, I bet I was the only one out in the yard cutting up smaller stuff with the old Milwaukee ... :D

And I can 100% say that I am absolutely positive I have pounded stuff in with my sawzall! You know, just use what ever is convenient when you just have to hammer something. :)

I'll have to agree with CJ, my Miller welder is my favorite tool too.

No better satisfaction than fabricating a nice piece from a pile of junk.......LOL:banana:

LOL - A welder can make it and cut (if it's metal)... And don't forget about the accidental fires! It can burn stuff also! :D

I like my air tools and air compressor. When the compressor kicks on, I can hear the power.

And ya'll know that I wouldnt be able to tighten anything without the power.

Wow - a women who likes power tools, mud racing and Jeeps... Nothing much better then that!

My new favorite tool is a Kubota tractor.:) Borrowed one today to yank a tree out (and a cable line). I even got the thing stuck.:cool:

My new favorite tool is a Kubota tractor.:) Borrowed one today to yank a tree out (and a cable line). I even got the thing stuck.:cool:
LOL - a tractor is a great tool! Probably not so good for tightening up that 3/8 bolt - but it does have its uses!

LOL - a tractor is a great tool! Probably not so good for tightening up that 3/8 bolt - but it does have its uses!
Friday, my piling guy should show up and he has an even better toy...one of the BobCat's on tracks with a giant auger attachment. That thing is fun.

A big drill on a tractor! The perfect Christmas gift! :D
Lets see....I think it was Hurricane George. The beaches of the Outer Banks got hit bad...something like 15 years worth of errosion happened in about 5 days. I probably spent well over $20,000 in having sand shoved here and there to save septic systems and driveways (I guess I should say that homeowners spent that money plus my percentage on top of that). I went half with a pool company on a new tracked BobCat figuring I'd kill it the next storm. Damn thing got used once by me over the next two years. It was fun while it lasted.

I would have to say that this is one of the best tools in the world. The Sawzall has helped me out so much, and I expect it to continue helping me out. As long as it doesn't turn on me. ;)

I got several of the things...here's an interesting one I bought a few years ago. Really good when you don't have a straight shot at cutting something. The cutting end of the saw will articulate in just about any position imaginable. Not great as a regular purpose saw since the housing tends to get a bit warm with long winded cuts.
http://www.deltaportercable.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11642

i love all good quality tools but after thinking my absolute favorite is a building with a concrete floor :notworthy: ive worked in the dirt the sand mud in a feedlot up to my eye balls in cow stuff but the best is a heated shop
later mike

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks