Build Thread A 1984 Black CJ7 Build - My never ending project/addiction

Build Thread A 1984 Black CJ7 Build - My never ending project/addiction
OMG it sounds and looks so good congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow your engine really sounds great. Looks great!

i love your jeep!

lpuGgPz.jpg

X5n6ncK.jpg

Motor is really strong. Carb needs to be played with a bit, but it runs really well. Good oil pressure. Jeep is like a whole new animal. I really need my brakes upgraded. The new master should be in soon.

Off Again 4x4

It sounds and look great!

What brand plug wire separators did you use? I like the style and I haven't been able to find any I like

I wish I knew for you. My buddy put them on. I didn't even ask. He just thought it would look better, and I definitely agree. When I see him again, I will ask for you.

dm6aB4X.jpg

4dTULc9.jpg

Took it to a cruise night last night. Huge turnout. Not really show worthy, but it got me a much better parking spot. The cars next to me were a 67 chevelle and a 69 camaro. Both were incredible and two very cool local guys owned them.

Well I'm drooling that Jeep looks so good, are your tires on orientated the correct direction? I would think the V pattern would point down to push water out from under the tire

Well I'm drooling that Jeep looks so good, are your tires on orientated the correct direction? I would think the V pattern would point down to push water out from under the tire

I think that's just due to the tire pattern with the A/T section having to go on the inside.
Bx0khWv.jpg

New brake master. HUGE difference.

0Uwmeka.jpg

zQ9n2mM.jpg

Z4G0YCF.jpg

Old:

prslbbW.jpg

That's a great upgrade

Replaced the shock mounts. Glad I did! Also the shop realized that one of the new bilstein shocks was leaking. That was swapped for a new one today. Took it wheeling a bit. The 4:1 transfer case is a HUGE difference.

U7BD8Fo.jpg

Dm3J6bU.jpg

csIE2FF.jpg

hMQXUPk.jpg

And the old shock mounts. What's left of them . . .

5nW0IZc.jpg

ExAmh2x.jpg

Wow ! How is the frame where those shock mounts were bolted to?

did I say that i love this jeep!

Wow ! How is the frame where those shock mounts were bolted to?

qfgSKj4.jpg

sAAtz8c.jpg

JTPHJJ1.jpg

Actually pretty good. Salt and :dung: must have just gotten stuck in the mount and ate it away. It didn't seem bad until we started messing with it, and then it just fell apart. I still can't believe how much was gone.

did I say that i love this jeep!

Thanks, where are you located? I'm prob going to start hitting some cruise nights now that I won't be worrying about making it there with the new motor.

Now I need to look at a selectable locker for the AMC20 w/ trac lok. I thought about a Dana 44, but I've put some money in this one, and it should be pretty good for what I'm doing with it. Trussed, welded, one piece, 4.10s.

Why not go with front and read LSD's?:confused:
Power Lock clutch type is a great diff, so is the Gleason Torsion gear-driven unit.
LG

Why not go with front and read LSD's?:confused:
Power Lock clutch type is a great diff, so is the Gleason Torsion gear-driven unit.
LG

I have a Detroit True Trac in the Dana 30. I have the stock LSD in the rear. Just thinking of options for the rear because the stock LSD is garbage. Fine for the street but doesn't really work well in the woods. I'm sure the clutches are smoked.

I did the tru tracks front and rear, can't wait to try them out34ef9b65047522a2a2e7d15910eae795.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks