Build Thread A 1984 Black CJ7 Build - My never ending project/addiction

Build Thread A 1984 Black CJ7 Build - My never ending project/addiction
They are Delta Flow 40s.
https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/mufflers/street_chambered_mufflers/40_series_delta_flow/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dig the sound. It's not excessively loud.

Do you have any scrubbing in the front when you turn? Just got my lift and tires on and have a little scrubbing on passenger leaf spring when I turn left.

Do you have any scrubbing in the front when you turn? Just got my lift and tires on and have a little scrubbing on passenger leaf spring when I turn left.
Not at all, even during very tight turns. Does your jeep have wide track axles? Maybe that has something to do with it. I have factory 15x8 wheels, so my offset really isn't very aggressive.

You are really passionate about car modification. Good job keeping this thread up to date.
Thank you. I have a few mods coming up soon. I just had to install a new alternator, but my new skid plate for the 21 gallon tank is on back order. As soon as it comes in, I will be removing the rusty old one and putting the new one on. The dana 60 rubs slightly on the factory skid plate, so hoping to mod it a little for clearance.

I dig the sound. It's not excessively loud.

Its definitely not quiet, but its not crazy loud either. A very muscular sound, but not nearly as loud as standard 40s. I have headers and no cats, so there isn't much restriction.

Not at all, even during very tight turns. Does your jeep have wide track axles? Maybe that has something to do with it. I have factory 15x8 wheels, so my offset really isn't very aggressive.
I was able to adjust the bolt on the hub so it doesnt scrub. Doesn't have the turn radius it use to but I dont care and fine with it. Finally got the pipes put on today and pretty happy with the sound. I think i need to re-gear it because I can only do about 50mph max in 4th gear.

I was able to adjust the bolt on the hub so it doesnt scrub. Doesn't have the turn radius it use to but I dont care and fine with it. Finally got the pipes put on today and pretty happy with the sound. I think i need to re-gear it because I can only do about 50mph max in 4th gear.
What do you have for gearing? I have a T-176, with 4.10 gears and 35s. I have no prob going 60, but it does rev a bit at that speed. I have plenty left, but it’s not comfortable with the revs and loud 360.

What do you have for gearing? I have a T-176, with 4.10 gears and 35s. I have no prob going 60, but it does rev a bit at that speed. I have plenty left, but it’s not comfortable with the revs and loud 360.
I think i have the 3.55 gears with the T-18 4 speed. 1st gear is Granny, 2nd gear almost pointless to use, so that leaves me 3rd and 4th. I get really high RPMs at 40mph and higher. It feels like it definitely needs a 5th gear.

I think i have the 3.55 gears with the T-18 4 speed. 1st gear is Granny, 2nd gear almost pointless to use, so that leaves me 3rd and 4th. I get really high RPMs at 40mph and higher. It feels like it definitely needs a 5th gear.
I really can’t comment on the T-18 you have as I’ve never owned a Jeep with that trans. But, my friends both have the granny gear T-18 and it’s def not designed for cruising at 50 mph. It’s basically a 3 speed. I love my 176, but even I’d like a AX15 or something with a 5th highway gear. It’s fine around 50-55, but anything more is just not fun. I’d never want to bring it on the highway. Plenty of power, just not a great idea due to revs.

The AX15 may be on my list to get. I dont need to go faster than 60mph and dont plan to have on the interstate but i would like to cruise at 50-60 mph with out hitting high RPMS.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks