Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Profire - Oh my I don't know if I'm in the same ball park as someone that brings Solar Panels with him on a camping trip. I am impressed.

Edit: Peter was typing while I was typeing and he beat me to it.

Last edited:
HAHA, I got one of those too and I ain't scared to use it. :D

Got my rear end out of a jam more than a few times.

For those of us who love to camp an explanation of the solar panel on the trailer needs to be explained in another thread

Pete I would be happy to give you some details on the solar panel but where should I post up about it?

But when the sun isn't sunning anymore what good does a solar panel do ..... no sun, no lights....... mmmmmmm Jimmy buffet, ........ blender :drool: :rb:

Tis why you use 12 volt deep cycle batteries. The solar panel keeps the batteries charged and topped off. Great for running a 12 volt ARB, Engle, or National Luna fridge/freezer.

How do you guys expect me to make up Jimmy Buffets favorite concoction without a little electricity. Besides I'm scared of the dark and need to run my lights. :D
Great trailer. My mind is in the Keys right now... I am life long parrot head. :chug: A Floridian who was raised in paradise! :D

Go for it Dave!

would a front locker get me up and over the ledge at Poughkeepsie Gulch?

a winch trumps a locker just about every time.:D

A locker in the rear as opposed to the front would help more with a steep slope such as this ledge but come anyway and try it. We can winch you up if you can't drive up it.

IO, here is my Eagle.
f032b9f2f86f012e32a032e5042c93ec.jpg

I like the idea of a meet up Profire.

we should meet up at one of the LSJC gatherings in McKinney. We can set at a table apart from all the wranglers and make them feel insecure. "Nope , sorry pal, this is the CJ table, you will have to set someplace else. Go set over there, they are discussing light bars and carpet colors.":laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I love it. That's a great idea.

I agree IO, I go to the McKinney cruise on occasion. They surely cannot be manly enough to sit at a CJ table.

Somedude that is a good looking Eagle you have there. Brown is my favorite color on the CJ's.

IO, and Somedude..... are you guys members of LSJC?

I didn't see it but maybe I missed it. When does the trail ride end? Just planning. Starts on the 26th until ?

I didn't see it but maybe I missed it. When does the trail ride end? Just planning. Starts on the 26th until ?

Usually Friday is the last trail ride day... Not sure if Dave's adjusting it due to the earlier start though.

I have to do this trip on the cheap. Any recommendations on lodging? It looks like I will be picking my brother up in Albuquerque NM airport on the way in. We don't mind sharing a room in Ouray.

Lodging
Most of us usually stay the [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Rivers Edge Motel[/FONT] 866-739-4987. I like the place but many of the rooms are small.

You can also stay at [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ouray Hotel | BEST WESTERN PLUS Twin Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs | Ouray, Colorado[/FONT] 800-207-2700 or 970-325-4427

If you want to camp you can stay at Ouray KOA or at the Amphitheatre Campground
Both of these campgrounds can accommodate a camper.

Or for more primitive and private camping head a few miles south of town on the road toward Camp Bird Mine to Angel Creek Campground. This campground is great for a jeep and a tent :D
Grand Mesa Uncompahgre and Gunnison National Forests - Angel Creek Campground - Ouray RD

OK, I just ordered lockers, a Tera low kit, (drive shafts later this week) and more parts than I even want to think about! Barring cataclysmic health or family problems, we are coming! And by hook or crook, we will only be bringing one of the blue ovals this year, the one that will be towing the trailer with our hopefully finished CJ5! But just in case, we will keep the trusty ol' Ford in the wings.

Oh yeah, We won't be able to get there until Sunday night due to my work schedule. Can't quite make 1400 miles in one day!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks