Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 5th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
If you can find a truck, rent a trailer.:cool:

It would be too cool to have it shipped and fly into Durango. Kind of pricy but cool!:D

Think you can tow 2 jeeps? Your not too far from me!!! Lol.

If you can find a truck, rent a trailer.:cool:

It would be too cool to have it shipped and fly into Durango. Kind of pricy but cool!:D

Yeah, I had that "cool" idea, and got scalped by the first shipper and the rest were priced out of sight. They also want cash upon pickup and again on delivery, so you need help on both ends if you can't be there for either,. You also have to make sure they get it scheduled on time, etc., blah blah blah.

There's no way you can have it shipped and fly in anywhere near what it would cost to either drive it or haul it.

Last edited:
If I can make it this will be my method of getting it there .......:driving:

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I just might be able to do this trip. I checked on renting a pickup to flat tow my CJ and it was about 460.00 not near as bad as I thought it would be. I'll check with the boss and then do the poll.

I don't post much but I stop by often to check out the forum. I'm usually to busy working on the jeep and what not.

Would this be mostly CJ's?

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I just might be able to do this trip. I checked on renting a pickup to flat tow my CJ and it was about 460.00 not near as bad as I thought it would be. I'll check with the boss and then do the poll.

I don't post much but I stop by often to check out the forum. I'm usually to busy working on the jeep and what not.

Where are you coming from?

Yes, mostly but I say that only because this is a Jeep-CJ site. We all have CJs but you can bring anything that can go where a stock CJ can go. That's the criteria I use. These are trails that a stock CJ can do but as always I take suggestions from the participants. On exception is that I hope to do Poughkeepsie Gulch this year if people are game. I already know IOPort is eager. Poughkeepsie Gulch can't be done with open differentials.
PoughkeepsieGulchSignSmall.jpg
The hardest part of Poughkeepsie Gulch is one ledge at the top of the trail. If someone can't make it up we can winch you.

I'd suspect that it would be yes. I believe it always has been in the past. Last year however, Old Jeep Lady and her husband mrplaybass (sp?) brought their Ford Explorer since their CJ wasn't ready.

I think we'd all like to see as many CJ is there as possible but at the same time we all met on this CJ board so if you need to bring something else to get the job done that would be fine. The more the merrier!

My 2cts.

EDIT: I just saw Dave's post... good to know we are all on the same page ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you coming from?

I would be leaving from Rockwall. Not far from you neighbor. I will most likely rent a pickup and flat my CJ. Although I'm sure my CJ could make the trip I'm not sure I I would want to....... noisy in that thing!

I have no issues with other vehicle types I just thought it was cool that it probably would be mostly CJ's.

Just wanted to let the folks on here from the DFW area know that LSJC will be doing a run to the Rockies from the 26th of July to the 31st. I'm sure a bunch of us could caravan together.

They usually have a decent size group going up.

Just wanted to let the folks on here from the DFW area know that LSJC will be doing a run to the Rockies from the 26th of July to the 31st. I'm sure a bunch of us could caravan together.

They usually have a decent size group going up.

I would like to see pictures of your CJ so I will know who I am waving at.:punk:

you too somedude.

Yes, mostly but I say that only because this is a Jeep-CJ site. We all have CJs but you can bring anything that can go where a stock CJ can go. That's the criteria I use. These are trails that a stock CJ can do but as always I take suggestions from the participants. On exception is that I hope to do Poughkeepsie Gulch this year if people are game. I already know IOPort is eager. Poughkeepsie Gulch can't be done with open differentials.
PoughkeepsieGulchSignSmall.jpg
The hardest part of Poughkeepsie Gulch is one ledge at the top of the trail. If someone can't make it up we can winch you.

your bating me, aren't you Dave. Not nice. :laugh:

Quote:

I would like to see pictures of your CJ so I wil know Who I'm waving at.

you too somedude.

I'll post one up tomorrow, I am at work now. Maybe you, Somedude and myself should meet up sometime for a beer and talk CJ's.

No kidding IO. Great now I have to put a locker in. Splendid.

:laugh: You probably thought you spent enough getting ready for last year.

As promised IO.........

cj7%20pics%20002-M.jpg

Dave, I'm about 90% sure I am going to make this run, but I only have the front locked at the moment. There is just no way I can get one in the rear before time to go so would a front locker get me up and over the ledge at Poughkeepsie Gulch?

Dave, I'm about 90% sure I am going to make this run, but I only have the front locked at the moment. There is just no way I can get one in the rear before time to go so would a front locker get me up and over the ledge at Poughkeepsie Gulch?

a winch trumps a locker just about every time.:D

you could always take the wife shopping the day everybody else is on PG.:laugh:

As promised IO.........

cj7%20pics%20002-M.jpg

For those of us who love to camp an explanation of the solar panel on the trailer needs to be explained in another thread

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom