Required Reading Build Thread Approvals - Required Reading

Required Reading Build Thread Approvals - Required Reading
Your free to have your own opinion. If I was trying to insult you youd know it. I was just explaining forum rules and giving you the definition of the correct word you yourself asked about.

It doesn't bother me to look rather silly. Not everyone is as smart as you. I too did not excel in typing or computer class. All I can do is try.....thanks for your attempt at an insult.

Yea he has been botbering me too
I just ignore him
lots of guys claim there build thread will be the best
ho hum

CJ, I reckon I am missing something in this post. A bit of bashing and all but what I would like to know, as I am going to start a build from the axles up with my 85 CJ7 is where to put pictures or ask questions as I go along.
There are a lot of folks in here with experience to help me as I go along with my build and I know I will have a need for some experience along the way.
I have built many projects, mostly winches and trailers for atv's and tractors and have the welding and wrenching skills to do it, but there is nothing like first hand jeep lovers to give me some advice.
I plan to swap out the radiator, engine, 999 tranny and put in a 350 chev with a 4sp with an adapter to the 300 transferr. Have one spot to replace in the floorboard by the left foot as there is a crack about a half inch long. Will also give the body a 2in lift and hang a 10,000 lb winch out front. Was thinking of pto as the 4sp has the ability, but most likely will be electric as they are readily available.

Bottom line is, where do I ask for permission, and what forum do I place these.
With the respect to your forum, Thank you.

plumbstraight I believe what you need to do is:

Start a build thread in the build forum section (Here: CJ Forums - CJ Build Forum at Jeep-CJ.com ). This should be your actual "chronological build" for example check out Bills here: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f98/bills-75-cj5-ground-up-rebuild-9190/

Now small question can be "asked there" Within your build thread but do not expect many answers there, and it would be something like" I'm having problems figuring out ____ and its holding me up. I'm going to have to do some research". When you have a question about something for your build, you go to the appropriate forum section. For example, if you have a question about the suspension, you would make a new "thread" here: ( CJ Forums - Suspension and Steering at Jeep-CJ.com ) Although, there may be plenty of threads already covering the particular topic / question you are wondering about, so doing a search will possibly help you.

Then when you are ready to continue with your build, you can link to the thread that helped you in your build follow up post, and continue along with your build.

Now for the rest of this threads direction, and my comments to you all who are complaining and shouting at the rooftops (with your laptops :D)...
Basically guys what we are trying to avoid is this section be over run with multiple posts and questions that belong in the rest of the forum. This section is just for the build threads. It is supposed to showcase projects with individual twists and ideas.

What CJ (If I may speak for him) and other Mods got tired of was the bold text stating "This forum is for build threads ONLY! Technical questions belong in the appropriate forum listed above." being ignored and someone posting "Help me choose witch engine to swap" or My Brakes died" or "My radiator is leaking" within this forum section. This makes them have to moderate and move threads to the appropriate sections, and create new paths to them. It also clutters the build section. So "we" have made new threads in this section not "post" until they are approved by a moderator.

Contrary to where this thread was going earlier, I do not believe if you are doing an actual CJ Build (that is not hack and slashing it into a roadster or wheelie jeep) that you will have any trouble actually getting your build approved. Mostly the way you type, computer skills, and popularity have nothing to do with approvals. Approvals are given to threads that are showing promise of being an actual build thread. Now if you ARE hacking and slashing into a roadster or wheelie jeep, that is up to you and you are more than welcome (obviously) to do so. Most of us live in "free democracy areas" and you are free to do as you please with your stuff! If its, for whatever reason, not approved as a CJ site build thread, you can always post it in Mics CJ forum, or even find a Roadster specific forum, and post your build there. You can still as members obviously ask jeep specific questions in the correct forum sections and receive the help of us "Jeepers" without us hosting your roadster build...

This is my understanding of what a build thread should be
First post is "Here's my Jeep, and the story of how I got it. This is what it currently has, this is what I'd like to work on / do to it. Second post: This is where I am starting, first project. Next post next project... and so on and so forth. With the occational, ran into a snag with ____ and need to figure out how to ___. With the above format I do not see any Mod / CJ denying or not approving your Build thread.

There are plenty of us working behind the scenes guys to keep this an awesome and great looking and functioning site. Most of them do far more than I do around here to do so. If you have a problem with a "rule" or procedure we follow, you may not understand the reasoning behind it. Instead of publicly desiring to "out" or "one up" them, try to send a respectful question or request clarification through a PM.

You just may find we are nicer than "internet text tones" can show, or even that you misunderstood the original idea, premises, or reasoning behind it, or maybe even misunderstood the "rule" or restriction itself...

;)
~ Jr

I'm totally new to forums and blogging..... I have recently started a frame off rebuild of my '79 CJ5 and I would like a place to chronicle my experience with pictures and dialog. Seems like this is the place! Open to suggestions and advice. Thanks!

I'm totally new to forums and blogging..... I have recently started a frame off rebuild of my '79 CJ5 and I would like a place to chronicle my experience with pictures and dialog. Seems like this is the place! Open to suggestions and advice. Thanks!

Start a thread here: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f98/

I'll approve it when you do

JR74CJ5,

Thanks for the great explanation. I'm new to he forum and just got a build thread approved. I was a little confused about how to have a good thread, but not ask any questions there.

The peak behind the scenes is very helpful. I like the forum and want to do my part in keeping it functional.

JR74CJ5,

Thanks for the great explanation. I'm new to he forum and just got a build thread approved. I was a little confused about how to have a good thread, but not ask any questions there.

The peak behind the scenes is very helpful. I like the forum and want to do my part in keeping it functional.

Thanks man,

I just wanted to try to stop the misunderstanding and back and forth that was starting to happen. I had a little time to kill so thought i'd try a lengthy explanation (I'm good at those :D )

:chug:
~ Jr

I don't know if this is the right place. I have been rebuilding my jeep for the last 18 months and am near completion, but I have some tips and information to pass on, that might be helpful to some members and I can provide some feedback on a lot of products that I have purchased for this project ( I hate to say it, but I started with a planned budget of $12,000 and it looks like it will end up being more than double that, and the only thing that I hired done was a small amount of body work, and the paint job, I did everything else myself). I'm not really sure how to go about this. My post would more or less be a history and comment on good ideas and bad ones as well as good products and bad ones that I encountered along the way, comments on suppliers, etc., as opposed to an ongoing project. I do have pictures that I have taken along the way. I'm not sure how to post pictures, but have printed out the FAQ files and will see if I can find it there. I would appreciate to know how you would like me to go about this, or if you think the readers would be interested. As you may have surmised by now, I am not forum literate, but am making an attempt--thanks

I don't know if this is the right place. I have been rebuilding my jeep for the last 18 months and am near completion, but I have some tips and information to pass on, that might be helpful to some members and I can provide some feedback on a lot of products that I have purchased for this project ( I hate to say it, but I started with a planned budget of $12,000 and it looks like it will end up being more than double that, and the only thing that I hired done was a small amount of body work, and the paint job, I did everything else myself). I'm not really sure how to go about this. My post would more or less be a history and comment on good ideas and bad ones as well as good products and bad ones that I encountered along the way, comments on suppliers, etc., as opposed to an ongoing project. I do have pictures that I have taken along the way. I'm not sure how to post pictures, but have printed out the FAQ files and will see if I can find it there. I would appreciate to know how you would like me to go about this, or if you think the readers would be interested. As you may have surmised by now, I am not forum literate, but am making an attempt--thanks

Go into the build thread sub forum and start your thread just like you did this one. You wont see it until its approved so dont think its not there. Once its approved you'll see it. :)

I tried that but I don't see mine

I tried that but I don't see mine

Not sure what happened but I dont see any for me to approve. Try again and make sure if you want pictures in your first post to put them in right away. Depending on how quickly I see it and approve it your edit function will likely be lost.

Start your thread here:

CJ Forums - CJ Build Forum at Jeep-CJ.com

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks