Willys Wagon

Willys Wagon
What is the low-range on a 205? :confused:

I agree with you, on making a scouting run and take LOTS of picture for us to see. :cool::chug:

LG

Low Range for a NP-205 Transfer Case is - 1.96:1

In the search I just did I see where Terra Low offers a whopping 3:1 gear set. Others I didn't check out brag on a 4:1 low gear set. So other than a doubler a lower crawl speed can be achieved.

I'm up for a road trip and I feel that him going to the trouble of calling me back I should at least have a look ..... then offer him less, maybe flash some cash.... After all cash is still king.

He says it has a new wiring harness in it, but the pictures show a lot of random wiring hanging down from under the dash.

Last edited:
1:96 with decent diff gears would not be all that bad.
Do you know the R&P ratio?
What's the first gear ratio with the TH-350?
Good chance to take the '5' on a road trip. And to show the seller you know Jeeps and not to BS you. :D
Get the VIN and confirm it's not a stolen.
:chug:
LG

It's the amount of reduction from 1:1 that is not as much as I expected it to be. Over all gearing + the advantage an Automatic gives might be good enough.

Automatic transmissions are all magic to me, I can't talk with any knowledge about'em so as to gearing and such??????????

I did ask about differential gearing. The current owner has no idea so he couldn't help with that question. Like so many others he bought it as a project, but never got to it.

He does have all the paperwork with it. In Arizona you have to switch the title over within a very short period of time after purchase. So if he did what he was supposed to do the chances of it being stolen are minimal. A check on ownership wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Sounds like you're making a road trip very soon........:chug:
Good luck.
LG

I did not journey up to Phoenix to look at the Wagon. There is something about it that just doesn't seem right, why I don't know. Another one just popped up:

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/6072573231.html

A message has been sent for more information. The price seems more reasonable. But the Wagon is ~10 years older. I suppose that could be bad.

I think this is a better deal. When are you going to check it out?
Looks like it's run'n also.....
LG

The B & W one looks pretty good.

A message was sent asking about inspecting the Wagon. Haven't heard back yet.

Odd, I've been looking almost everyday and this is the first time it's show up in a search, but it says that its been posted for 6 days.

This is the other one:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6044105446.html

I have...and still do...always wanted a willys truck or wagon. Good luck! Hope you find "the one" soon

The Blue Wagon registered as a 1949

- Chevy 307, left bank smokes a little on start up, 2bl Carb. needs rebuilding
- Stock T-90, question mark on the transfer case he says it's an S24?
- Stock axles with bearings serviced
- New exhaust
- All trip, interior cards, trim & moldings, lights, mirrors
- Needs wiring, 12v system
- Says the bumpers are stock, seems sincere .... but no way
- Some rust, not much, but some

There is some interest, but will see it this week.

Does anyone know what the compression should be on a SBC? I'm looking at a SBC 283 V8/T-18/Dana 20 .... The engine is pulling ~120lbs. in every cylinder.

Last edited:
At first blush I really like the idea of the ambulance doors. But the versatility of the tailgate is VERY appealing. If the load is to long, open the gate. If you need to sleep in the back, open the tailgate. If an area is needed to put your grill, open the tailgate.

The one up in Phoenix has been painted in primer, "To keep the metal under the pealing paint from rusting." The pealing paint under a coat of primer sort of makes me think twice. But you are right, the whole set-up is closer to what I eventually want.

But check this all in one package out....

https://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/6058379426.html

The compression is close in all cylinders, but seems low to me.

Last edited:
Noticed the lever as well. Looks long and it certainly has the wrong nob on it. Looked around for 283 compression numbers and found a wide range of "acceptable compression numbers". I smile because my 360 is running in the 255 area.

I do wonder if it is a CJ T18 or a pickup T18. The bell housing does look like the short CJ variety.

Hack - On your suggestion I just sent an "I'd like to inspect it." Email.

Last edited:
They will be low like that if the person forgot to open the throttle plate while doing the testing.
I do see an adapter between the tranny and BH.
LG

The adaptor plate should be there in a 283/Jeep T18 match up.

THX-Wasn't sure......:notworthy:
LG

But after thinking about it you do have a point. The spacer could allow for the longer input shaft on a Pick-up transmission. No matter really, I'm thinking about putting this in a Willys Wagon anyways.

That really looks nice. Tailgate is best. Had an 81 suburban with tailgate. So much better than doors or new hatch back

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks