Welding Projects

Welding Projects
Just signed up and saw this thread. Not welding but I did make this Willys tailgate desk for my office as well as the jeep garage bar in my avatar.
19589d1444428241-welding-projects-img_3759.jpg

Cool table Bob. Cortez? Howdy neighbor!
Welcome to the site.

working on a couple of projects.

img_0023_532009.jpg

img_0024_342045.jpg

An attachment for hy press to brake 1/4" steel flat bar. Wonder what I could do with that.

img_0026.jpg

And the beginnings of a 2'X4' CNC plasma table Or perhaps the beginnings of a world class welding table, stay tuned.

img_0028.jpg

I welded up a shelf for my garage. Yes, I know it's stronger than necessary. That's how I like it. No paper towel is going to break this shelf. :D
Welded Shelf.jpg
Welded Shelf 1.jpg

Nothing exceeds quite like excess, I always say. looks good Dave.

Now, about that front bumper.....

I welded up a shelf for my garage. Yes, I know it's stronger than necessary. That's how I like it. No paper towel is going to break this shelf. :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

You can never have too many paper towel holders.
attachment.php

This one is for my shop.

Now, about that front bumper.....
I think I'll work on improving my roll cage first and add some grab handles. :D

Attachments

• Paper Towel Holder (Medium).JPG
    Paper Towel Holder (Medium).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 905

and some TP holders? Guess it depends on how you drive.

What size tubing are you working with?? I have a setup on my mill to make saddles, Have used 1 1/2" for mine so am "tooled up" for that

You can never have too many paper towel holders.
attachment.php

This one is for my shop.

img_0004_441773.jpg

Needed a couple of end feed roller stands for my drill press and other stuff. Can be adjusted for windege and elevation.

What size tubing are you working with?? I have a setup on my mill to make saddles, Have used 1 1/2" for mine so am "tooled up" for that
Mostly one inch but the shelf was made with mainly half inch square tubing.

img_0004_441773.jpg

Nice! I like it :D

I'm talking about the roll bat tubing.

Mostly one inch but the shelf was made with mainly half inch square tubing.

img_0004_441773.jpg

Nice! I like it :D

Made the hood vent I have been thinking about for so long. My aluminum welding could use some work but I guess this is as good a thing as any to practice. Will give me 6 in sq. Or about like having a 2 1/2" round hole for the air to vent up. Going to tape it to the hood tomorrow and run it up to 70 to make sure it doesn't sing before I cut holes in the hood. I think, for the most part, it looks like it belongs there.

img_0018_831168.jpg

img_0021_122697.jpg

img_0022_271294.jpg

img_0023_217060.jpg

img_0016_208749.jpg

img_0028_355868.jpg

img_0029_260435.jpg

img_0030_696944.jpg

The grey color in what happens when you spray Aluminum with muriatic acid and the splotches are what happens when you touch it before it is dry after it is rinsed.

another good day :chug:

something we all need, what to do with those "spare tires".

img_0068.jpg

img_0070.jpg

img_0073.jpg

Now it gets a counter top and it will be right at home on the back patio.:cool:

update!! countertop done stealth tire rack a success.

img_0041.jpg

img_0039_183651.jpg

something we all need, what to do with those "spare tires".
Now it gets a counter top and it will be right at home on the back patio.:cool:
img_0070.jpg

Now there's a cool idea. Thanks!

Roll cage and doors binding

Hey guys,
I have a full roll cage in my CJ7.
Last year I added a pair of hard doors. They fit/line up fine except for that the upper corners of the doors bind against the upper most forward point on the roll cage, just behind the windshield. The doors still close and are functional. However, there is about a half an inch gap where the edge of the door meets the tub created by the binding against the roll cage. The two small spots on the roll cage where the doors are binding would only need to be pushed in an inch and maybe as wide as two inches across. Is there a tool that I could rent to bend/push in that small spot? Should I have it heated and molded in? I’m guessing I’m not the only one who has had this problem so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me remedy this problem.
I have no experience with welding or metalworking. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Roll cage and doors binding

Hey guys,
I have a full roll cage in my CJ7.
Last year I added a pair of hard doors. They fit/line up fine except for that the upper corners of the doors bind against the upper most forward point on the roll cage, just behind the windshield. The doors still close and are functional. However, there is about a half an inch gap where the edge of the door meets the tub created by the binding against the roll cage. The two small spots on the roll cage where the doors are binding would only need to be pushed in an inch and maybe as wide as two inches across. Is there a tool that I could rent to bend/push in that small spot? Should I have it heated and molded in? I’m guessing I’m not the only one who has had this problem so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help me remedy this problem.
I have no experience with welding or metalworking. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.
it would be a good idea to start your own thread with your question so that it can get seen and answered. As far as the roll bar rubbing I do no know what is going on there it should be behind the door can you post some pictures

A friend gave me a 5 gallon bucket of shoes for some small projects I had planned.
My first project was a gift to him.

37781112712_423b960495_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! :chug:
LG

Another gift I made last week

ab2bf56aed7f7cfbf92a8d8fe48baacd.jpg

15f1f3020baa6ad32cd902310fb9aa8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool projects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks