Welding Projects

Welding Projects
Lol, thanks tarry... the dog eats roller pins and ball bearings closest thing to kibbles 'n bits. The bug is nocturnal and self-sufficient, feeds on night crawlers, grubs and small rodents. Beats treating the lawn with grubEx. :)

Dave, well done!

Great work. I was at a charity event over the weekend where a similar 24"x24" serving plate/center piece item was up for auction. I think it went for close to $400. You might have a nice new revenue stream.

Haven't been on in a while, and this was the first thing i came by.

Dave.....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something like that may help to offset the CJ project.

My goodness "Where did I put the 3/4"?"

Nice job Busa!

I have a couple of machines that still require tools like that!!

If you got that whole thing to be flat enough to be a table top you did an impressive job!!:D

I am still waiting to see the custom winch bumper.:cool:

If you got that whole thing to be flat enough to be a table top you did an impressive job!!:D
I just laid them out on the patio bricks. The flat side was down so I then turned them over. So by building it upside down I could make the top would be flat.

25990888628_de4d1b6033_z.jpg

^ ^ ^ you can see that isn't flat at all ^ ^ ^
But the final product is
25990779198_33b6bae596_z.jpg

Last edited:
Concrete is not a very good welding surface it pops (read explode) with some authority when it gets hot.:cool:

Concrete is not a very good welding surface it pops (read explode) with some authority when it gets hot.:cool:

Its ok for little wleds like the ones needed to hold the tools together. if it were getting a long bead or a huge tack then you may have issues. plus patio pavers are alot drier then concrete.

One more pic for CJ.
ToolTable_zps4c9156db.jpg
See, it works. It holds up my beer.
BTW that's a bottle opener I made from a railroad spike on the table.

For everyone that showed their stuff, great work, I love it. I got a decent Lincoln mig with gas, but really cant weld worth a :dung:. I need to do it more.:notworthy:

I got a decent Lincoln mig with gas, but really cant weld worth a :dung:.
There are lots of good training videos and I think this is one of the best:
GMAW MIG Welding - YouTube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are lots of good training videos and I think this is one of the best:
GMAW MIG Welding - YouTube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Busa. I watched the video this morning and found it very useful. Learned a lot of things, that I always wondered about.:)

Made a fire pit to sit around on the cool Florida nights :)

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 950
17133d1397935028-welding-projects-img_0801.jpg

Did you build that from scratch? That's cool! Is there any way you can adjust the height of the grill?

Hey Dave, thank you and yes I built it from scraps in the garage. The grill is adjustable by using the set screw on the grill attachment on the pole. I also made this to have dual cooking zones even though I didn't make it to be a grill its kind of what it evolved into.

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 174
I make stupid stuff as a hobby. It keeps the wife off my back for spending so much time in the garage if I build her something once a month or so.

Attachments

• 20140222_151258.jpg
    20140222_151258.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 20140302_211441 (2).jpg
    20140302_211441 (2).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20140412_172746 (2).jpg
    IMG_20140412_172746 (2).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 292
  • bugs.jpg
    bugs.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 211
Show us your welding projects, whether it's a small trinket you made with a couple of spare scraps or a major project such as a frame built from steel tubing.
This is my $10 welding card. Found the 2 draw filing cabinet on CL for $10 the rest was scrap pieces. It's nice having all of my welding gear in one place. Both draws are filled with helmets, gloves, grinders, and such along with a removable shelve for my chop saw. Haven't decided, if anything, I'll put on the sign.

IMG_04461_zpsc344d597.png

IMG_04761_zps23e25d03.png

IMG_04791_zps204271b5.png

IMG_04801_zpsd92149fb.png

:)

My best Work Shop tool,

4 ft x 2 ft x 1/4" HD steel top welding / work bench on wheels

Completely portable can be used either inside or outside.

Mounted vise at one end, while my Miller 211 Mig resides under bench at the other end with a 150 cfm AR/Co2 bottle at its side.

Also acts as a quick platform for the Evolution 15" Cold metal saw that goes up or down quickly via 3 quick pins......when not in use it neatly stores under the bench.

Truly a nice fixture that goes anywhere in the shop for general work or welding and fabrication.

:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_4128.jpg
    IMG_4128.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4127.jpg
    IMG_4127.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 190
2 spoons and a fork

IMG_0094_zpse7e28349.png

A Rotisserie:

We were getting tired of moving the CJ5 frame around by hand as it's getting heavier from the boxing. My husband had the steel mostly cut and drilled already, so we decided to put it together. I didn't do any of the welding, just some drilling, but he welded this himself. (mriplaybass)

Here are some pics:

The parts stacked in the shop:

100_0420_opt_zps73bf9a92.jpg

The parts laid out by part number (he had a set of plans):

IMG_0203_opt_zpsd3cafbfa.jpg

Some work completed:

IMG_0204_opt_zpsd45a878f.jpg

A few views completed :

IMG_0215_opt_zps6d341139.jpg

IMG_0216_opt_zps66f6fdb7.jpg

IMG_0218_opt_zps39c0b82c.jpg

Here is one with the frame on it:

framemounted01_opt_zps3d834abe.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I am totally impressed!! I do not use this smiley often.:notworthy:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks