Welding Projects

Welding Projects
Very impressive, good looking build.

One more question you maybe able to answer. How much does a jeep tub weigh, give or take. How many me does it take to lift it from a frame, how much beer is needed?:D

A Rotisserie:

We were getting tired of moving the CJ5 frame around by hand as it's getting heavier from the boxing. My husband had the steel mostly cut and drilled already, so we decided to put it together. I didn't do any of the welding, just some drilling, but he welded this himself. (mriplaybass)

Here are some pics:

The parts stacked in the shop:

100_0420_opt_zps73bf9a92.jpg

The parts laid out by part number (he had a set of plans):

IMG_0203_opt_zpsd3cafbfa.jpg

Some work completed:

IMG_0204_opt_zpsd45a878f.jpg

A few views completed :

IMG_0215_opt_zps6d341139.jpg

IMG_0216_opt_zps66f6fdb7.jpg

IMG_0218_opt_zps39c0b82c.jpg

Here is one with the frame on it:

framemounted01_opt_zps3d834abe.jpg

:D

One more question you maybe able to answer. How much does a jeep tub weigh, give or take. How many me does it take to lift it from a frame, how much beer is needed?:D

Our Rotisserie is rated roughly for 3000 lbs and is made of the materials in the "Champ" 1471 in the Auto Body Toolmart catalog, page 77.

As for how much our tub weighs - I don't really know....We used our 1941 Farmall A with the hay bale spears to pick it up. That tractor will pick up an 800 lb hay bay if you are really carefull before it tips over...:eek:

So it took one guy and gal to pick up the tub and position it on the frame providing you know how to set up the rigging straight off the tractor - that takes some time...:rolleyes:

And since we are older...less coordinated...poor eyesight already - our cooler had A&W diet Root Beer and Cream soda - no real beer we have enough challenges as it is....:rb: vs: :beer: = :eek:

We will gladly provide real beer to anyone that wants to help - but we won't let you drink and drive so you have to stay here at the ranch for a while. Wisconsin is a nice place to visit now - it has finally warmed up enough I cut the grass for the first time yesterday.....;) After the winter from :censored:...:rolleyes:

:)Bare CJ5 tub.........no seats,dash or windshield 350-400 lbs. Bolt the fixtures on both ends of the tub..........Overhead hoist in shop makes this easy, raise it up , slide the rotisserie bases over each fixture end , with the tie rod between the two , let it down and pin it.........one person 10 minutes.

:D:D:D:D

Went wheeling/camping and my truck bed became a trash bin so I decided to repurpose the propane bottles.

IMG_07211_zps56e79753.png

IMG_07281_zps37e7ac94.png

Little piggies, like'em. How did you purge them for safety?

Thanks, I removed the valve and filled the bottle with water.

Found an old bike in the woods and made a guitar.
Parts I used....frame, sprockets, chain, bolts, kick stand, brake and gear cables.

IMG_07411_zps2262f06f.png

IMG_07471_zpsc8e68e54.png

IMG_08121_zps9bc4cc3d.png

IMG_08101_zps0c925dae.png

thats cool posi! very nice

Thanks

I make stupid stuff as a hobby. It keeps the wife off my back for spending so much time in the garage if I build her something once a month or so.

That piston lamp is awesome!

We have a guy at our local farmers market that makes similar items but yours looks much much better. He makes decent money off of his so I can't imagine what you could do.

Found a use for my old blades

IMG_21821_zps98b9jsng.png

That is one mean looking gobbler !

I hope your dog doesn't want to chase it . :D

Haha, thanks guys

IMG_22171_zps1gsgoshr.png

Although the 2 pics below are not welding projects I thought I'd add them. (Mods are welcome to remove them)

An old 40ft wooden ladder = trellis

IMG_20401_zpsdha8ygqc.png

Spindle

IMG_20651_zpssigbhcdg.png

I envy your talent & energy.

Beautiful work, Posi!

-Jon

Thanks for the kind words Jon

Just signed up and saw this thread. Not welding but I did make this Willys tailgate desk for my office as well as the jeep garage bar in my avatar.

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3,158

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks