Welding Projects

Welding Projects
Yes very cool stuff. Good imagination also

Couldn’t find a photo, but one of the best things I’ve welded up is my shop crane. Very similar to the gantry crane HF sells but it’s not adjustable. Made it wide enough to clear my shop doors and trailer. And just short enough to clear the garage door tracks and lights. It’s on wheels so it’s mobile.I use it ALL the time. Just a simple I beam frame with a trolley and chain hoist. Did I mention I use it ALL the time?

I enjoy welding but wouldn’t want to do it for a living. I teach a welding class at my shop teacher job. It’s my favorite class to teach. My kids have made some really cool things over the years. Lots of not so great projects as well lol.

Built this 1874 Singer Tractor for a Birthday gift today. 5f8c90167b6096718304c1d2840ad107.jpg

c42a203a1f058e2c915d085cfe1ef3b7.jpg

e6b533f520e7ebe2bce43f7707eeee24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That’s a cool tractor!! Is that sewing machine really from the 19th century? From the looks of that piston I’d say you have low compression.

That’s a cool tractor!! Is that sewing machine really from the 19th century? From the looks of that piston I’d say you have low compression.

Thanks,
Yes, I checked the ID code on the machine to the Singer website which list the codes and build date (1874). I wish this machine could talk I’m sure it would have some interesting stories to pass along. Like Levi Edition Strauss and Jacob Davis receiving a U.S. patent for blue jeans. Ulysses S. Grant the sitting President or when Captain Lyman's wagon train was besieged by Indians in Hemphill County, Texas. I found the machine at a yard sale for $10.

Yeah, very low pressure and a couple burnt valves. Oh, and the rear axle is made from a horseshoe stake. Some others parts, lug nuts, piston, crank, valves, valve springs, starter gear, diff side gear, diff center pin container, sewing machine linkage, and kitchen strainer.

Last edited:
Posi, that's one of the coolest things I've seen in quite a while!

I just finished a cart for my Miller 211

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk4ce4b67258e2836e6843382cf512ef51.jpg099fe0440ec9196a31935b932c1669e2.jpgc8f515c9609719dbafe316e3a8e65dab.jpg

Last edited:
Need a spare tire carrier for a 4 day trek. IMG_0093.jpgIMG_0094.jpgIMG_0095.jpgIMG_0096.jpg
Two tanks plus 2 cans should be of gas should be well more than enough gas.
IMG_0157.jpg Should be fine. Ive got it tied into the body real well. Triangulated bracing at the bottom. The top is tied into the cage.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks