Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7

Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7
Is there a mileage limit on your vehicle with Hagerty ?

I thought about using hagerty but they wouldn't cover mine if I was in moab.

I thought about using hagerty but they wouldn't cover mine if I was in moab.
Theft or self destruction? I only have liability because insurance costs are ridiculous here

Theft or self destruction? I only have liability because insurance costs are ridiculous here
Destruction wasnt covered. As for the price it was going to be around $700 a year for what I have done to mine.

Is there a mileage limit on your vehicle with Hagerty ?
Mine doesnt have any mileage limits. They do ask if its your primary vehicle which of course mine is not. Insured for $7500 replacement. It is a low level insurance plan though. Only whats required by law. I didn't list it as mainly off road either which is another option

What does it actually cover ? Theft, collision, liability, uninsured motorist ?

Sorry never got a notification of your post. I'll look over the plicy again and let you know.

Had some good Jeep vibes going on lately. Already drove the Jeep more than last year , not that thats saying much but now Im all legal again.

0304231152.jpg

Registered and titled antique now. Saves a bunch cash that way since its not my daily driver. No more registration or inspection fees. I wanted to add a little contrast to all the black and my wheels finally showed up. Well most of them at least. I ordered 7 since I need 2 for the trailer but only 5 arrived so far.
0305231026.jpg

Them is purdy.

Pete, now that I'm back in PA I was looking at antique plates too, what are the pros and cons?

Pete, now that I'm back in PA I was looking at antique plates too, what are the pros and cons?

Still not getting notification of posts here. 🤔
Ill post the insurance info and Pa data when I get home from work

Bodily injury $15k $30k per accident
Property damage $25k
First party .medical $5k each person
Uninsured motorist $15k $30k each accident
Underinsured motorist $15k per person $30k per accident
$7.5k replacement value

Thats it.

Pros are

One time fee for title tag and no expiration registration. Around $300.

My insurance is $250 a year.

You can still drive it to work one day a week which was actually my plan.

You are allowed to drive at night as long as your lights would pass current pa inspection.

Your not required to have state inspection or emissions.

Cons are

Technically you cant use as a daily driver or drive more than one day a week. I have no idea how this could be enforced unless your being watched.

You dont have another set of eyes on your Jeep doing safety inspection. Its solely up to you

For me the cost savings was a no brainer. My insurance savings paid for the initial tag and registration and now it saves me that money plus inspection and registration fees every year going forward.

Bodily injury $15k $30k per accident
Property damage $25k
First party .medical $5k each person
Uninsured motorist $15k $30k each accident
Underinsured motorist $15k per person $30k per accident
$7.5k replacement value

Thats it.
Collision and the liability metioned

Pros are

One time fee for title tag and no expiration registration. Around $300.

My insurance is $250 a year.

You can still drive it to work one day a week which was actually my plan.

You are allowed to drive at night as long as your lights would pass current pa inspection.

Your not required to have state inspection or emissions.

Cons are

Technically you cant use as a daily driver or drive more than one day a week. I have no idea how this could be enforced unless your being watched.

You dont have another set of eyes on your Jeep doing safety inspection. Its solely up to you

For me the cost savings was a no brainer. My insurance savings paid for the initial tag and registration and now it saves me that money plus inspection and registration fees every year going forward.
I wonder what happens if you wheel it 5 states over to Moab or Colorado for 10 -12 days and back 1 or 2 times a year .

I wonder what happens if you wheel it 5 states over to Moab or Colorado for 10 -12 days and back 1 or 2 times a year .

im pretty sure that would be covered under special events, which your allowed to attend. Im thinking about getting antique plates on mine pretty soon

im pretty sure that would be covered under special events, which your allowed to attend. Im thinking about getting antique plates on mine pretty soon
You just have to be careful. States have different restrictions. Due diligence would be in order. Id think the state which your jeep is registered in rules would apply but this is a good question. I never thought of it cause Vader gets 10 mpg and I couldn't afford to get out of state. 🤣

I guess you are in the ole gas guzzler category then. I’m getting around 13 - 14 but also running 2-3K rpm to break in still when driving. Hopefully in the future it will get a little better. 🥴

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks