Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7

Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7
Yes, they do seem to have a reverse rake. I may pull the seat sliders and see how I like the position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I have the same issue with my corbeau seats, really comfortable but close to steering wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the Rugged Rige seats in as well. Beware on these if you have a belly. The exta padding un the seat puts you higher in the leg area and cloer to the steering wheel. I got a smaller Grant wheel and promise to diet. 😁

View attachment 75819

We're just below $5 a gallon here for 87 octane so the 10 mpg I average has meant very Limited use for the Cj considering it'd suck up 4.5 gallons back and forth to work one day from the new place.

View attachment 75820

Hoping to put the new top on within the next two weeks. Cant wait to see how that looks. Probably wont get a whole lot of use this year but still making a little progess here and there. 🤞🏻
Pretty ashamed to say this is where any work on the Cj halted. Never even put the new top on. Was batting around selling it. I never used it once all Summer. 😔

Then came today. All I really needed to do was get behind the wheel again to realize selling would be a mistake. You just dont get that feel of enjoyment out of a Honda CRV , my daily driver.

Have to admit it was really great not only to take it a few blocks around the house but the way it fired up and ran after sitting so long made it even better.

Gonna get after it this weekend and clean off the neglect and resume our relationship again. Powerful this one is with the Dark Side. Pulls me right back in. 😁

1006221734.jpg

Well look who finally got off their butt and did some (kind of) wrenching. Me believe it or not. Glad the kid was here to help me. Never had a brand new top before and wow does this sucker fit tight.

Our with the old:
1028221226.jpg

In with the new:

1028221433.jpg

Absolutely love the tinted windows. Working on the two piece doors now. Should be buttoned up before diner.

Way to go buddy, sitting out in the sun will loosen it up a bit. So glad you didn't join the countless ranks that sing the chorus of "I wish I hadn't sold my old jeep." Nicely done!

Way to go buddy, sitting out in the sun will loosen it up a bit. So glad you didn't join the countless ranks that sing the chorus of "I wish I hadn't sold my old jeep." Nicely done!
Well the doors are giving me fits. Wanna buy a Jeep? 😁

I can imagine. I bought a best top and doors that didn't match up to the striker I had in the jeep. I had to use the paddles off of the old doors I just took off to make it work. It shouldn't have to be that aggravating. Thanks for the offer but my wife says I've spent enough on the one I have :)

Looks great

Patients helps

Where do you buy this "patients" stuff? 😁 Got a good bit of non Jeep rellated stuff going on as well but Im going to do my best

I have less of it these days also.

My wife works for Mercy Health Hospital, I asked her what gives her job security, she replied with the same answer...🤣
🤣🤣🤪

Bless you both. My wife Vicki did something she hasnt done since years ago when I used to part out alot of Jeeps.

She gave me a lead on a Jeep. Seems she had a Scrambler sighting only a few blocks from our place. Ive been walking all around our neighborhood in an effort to stay a little healthier but never went the direction she sent me. I got a so so look at it since it was getting dark already. Ill get a good look and tty and talk to the owner tomorrow.

A scrambler around here is very rare here. A friend has 2 really nice ones

I have less of it these days also.
Well I got the passenger door about 90% where I want it but ran out of time. I stopped by the Scrambler to get the scoop. Turns out the lot its in doesnt coincide with the houses around it. The gentlemen I talked to said the guy who owns it dropped it in that lot in late Summer.

Unfortunately he left the state for Winter and wont be back till April. We got alot of these "Snowbirds" when I lived in Arizona. I did get a pic of it but youll have to zoom in. All fiberglass except the hood and tailgate , full Acme hard top and I believe a full soft top in the back. Hasnt been registered since 07.

1111221140.jpg

Finally putting her back on the road. 4wd and low range hadnt worked in awhile so I farmed that out. The switch in the glovebox was leaking and the linkage for the 4 lo was bound. All is working fluidly now.

Im going after the doors on Friday since we seem to have 50 degree weather kinda consistently in February this year for some reason. I am not complaining one bit.

Shout out to Hagerty insurance for insuring the Cj for $218 a year. Titling and tagging as a classic on Friday. Driving to work Monday. Cant wait.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks