Sixth Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Report

Sixth Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Report
Looks like so much fun Thanks for sharing your adventures :chug: I am working hard to get mine ready for next year :chug:

Looks like a dang good time! I hope one day my Cj and I make it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like so much fun Thanks for sharing your adventures :chug::chug:

:agree: thanks, looks like a blast. hope to be able to do this sometime!

posi did you drive the old 5 out from MA??

Wow what a trip. Been lurking for some time. Could not register for the longest time. This is a trip I have been wanting to do for some time now. Hopefully when my engine is rebuilt I can join in on this great excursion ��

posi did you drive the old 5 out from MA??

No, bought it in CO.

Trail report on Lil' Red, wasn't able to check dwell on the trail, it ran a little sluggish, but the engine didn't sound bad, and it got me through the week. We knew the timing was off the scale advanced. Tonight I checked the dwell, should have been 30°, it was set at 52°. I set the dwell to 30°, timing at 5 BTC, and adjusted the carb.....much more zip to the engine. Funny how that works......

At the end of each of my posts I have a map of our ride for that day.
Here's a map of all the trail rides:
Spotwalla Map - 6th Jeep-CJ trail ride
Actually I'm missing a day, the battery went dead.
You can zoom into each map.

Great maps Dave, very useful in seeing where we were, and where we might go in the future!

nice find! the lady and Ive been talking about making the perminent move out there.

Wow what a trip. Been lurking for some time. Could not register for the longest time. This is a trip I have been wanting to do for some time now. Hopefully when my engine is rebuilt I can join in on this great excursion ��
:ww: and sorry about the reg. problems.

Looks like a lot of fun guys!

I'm going to try to squeeze this in next year between 7 day cruise, Son shipping to Navy beginning, and Son graduating Navy.

I also would like to get a possible Rubicon Trip together for anyone who'd like to come out - bit less central than CO... :D Depends on the interest I suppose....

:notworthy: as always Dave - Great ride hosting! :chug::chug:

I also would like to get a possible Rubicon Trip together for anyone who'd like to come out - bit less central than CO... :D Depends on the interest I suppose....
Raises hand high........I'll go
Now looking for a place to park my new to me CJ that I'll buy in CA for the 1st CJ.com Rubicon trail ride.....:D

Finally had time to sit and watch the videos. Very cool! Like the one best with bill climbing that rock wall type deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raises hand high........I'll go
Now looking for a place to park my new to me CJ that I'll buy in CA for the 1st CJ.com Rubicon trail ride.....:D

I'll do a seperate thread for that one day :D

Finally had time to sit and watch the videos. Very cool! Like the one best with bill climbing that rock wall type deal

I know - it was cool to watch! I need to see the wall in person one of these days... I keep thinking "I could..." but know pictures and videos do not do justice until you see it through your windshield! I've seen some pretty crazy stuff through mine, and then post a pic or video and it looks nothing like what I saw and felt!

:chug:

I'll do a seperate thread for that one day :D

I know - it was cool to watch! I need to see the wall in person one of these days... I keep thinking "I could..." but know pictures and videos do not do justice until you see it through your windshield! I've seen some pretty crazy stuff through mine, and then post a pic or video and it looks nothing like what I saw and felt!

This whole thread really makes me want to get my 5 going.

Looks like a lot of fun guys!

I'm going to try to squeeze this in next year between 7 day cruise, Son shipping to Navy beginning, and Son graduating Navy.

:notworthy: as always Dave - Great ride hosting! :chug::chug:

Both are on my bucket list

The video of Shooby's 3 wheel adventure reminds my of one of my first 3 wheel times - little sluice in the Rubicon Trail:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've learned a lot since then... I don't turn sideways in the "box" very often anymore! lol

My dog also learned to get out of the jeep! lol

And the Mud Puddle playing reminds my of my submarine days :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Put some oil in it and go

She's got oil in her, the whole stopping thing might be a problem. Still gotta redo the brakes and other misc items. Getting there though

THANK YOU to all that took the time and effort to post these trip reports and pictures :punk:
Be'n I'm from Colorado, sure does make me home sick. :notworthy:
Question for the folks run'n carb's-How was it at 13K'+.
I have had mine to 10K'+ with little issue.
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks