Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Living in Colorado you would think I'm a, for sure in, on all this fun. Well I requested the time off from work already an unless the jeep doesn't run. I hope to meet up with all of you. Well the only other reason I might not make it is if we are having a kid then. But i don't think the wife is pregnant yet so i should be ok on that front.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Awesome. Where are you in Colorado? I'm on Tapatalk right now and can't see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boulder

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I'm in Boulder/Longmont area. How about you? Few years back we had a small group of us get together for a couple of day runs. Then winter game a well it was winter.

I'm in Boulder/Longmont area. How about you? Few years back we had a small group of us get together for a couple of day runs. Then winter game a well it was winter.

I'm in Southern Indiana. Been to Ouray off and on since about 1975. Love Colorado.

I'm in Colorado Springs but have some real estate in Fort Collins so get up your way a couple of times a year. Wife has a house in Granby and we've been wanting to get up that way and wheel sometime. Maybe sometime when the snow leaves next spring we could get up there and meet you.

I voted in the hope to go category. My cj runs and drives but still has some po issues to overcome. Thankfully August is a ways off yet, unfortunately my cj is two hours from me at my dads place. So its hard to get anything done on it without some good planning and maybe some vacation days. Im hoping this trip will serve to keep me motivated to get everything done, even if i dont make it. Either way im looking forward to trying.

Git er done! Hope to see you in August!:D

How far is Ouray from Silverton? I may have to compromise on lodging with some people in my group..

How far is Ouray from Silverton? I may have to compromise on lodging with some people in my group..

It's about 20-30mins. I'm staying in Ouray as well as it stands now.

Thanks. I'll probably end up staying Ouray. Gotta keep everyone happy!

Thanks. I'll probably end up staying Ouray. Gotta keep everyone happy!

I love Silverton, but I can't drive 1300 miles and not stay in Ouray.

Well... my concern was people that would have to get their kids in school in August. No one has objected to these dates. Actually it sounds like we should have a pretty good crowd. I say yes, we can set the date.

The trail ride will be the 3rd week of August 2016 (Aug. 15 to 19th).

Also Ben is very eager to join us. He says he's "
definitely in for next year!!"

I plan on staying at
the Red Mountain Motel, Cabins, RV Park but they are closed up for the winter (most of Silverton is). They will start taking reservations Feb 1st.
Another option is the Canyonview Motel (970) 387-5400

A lot of information

Just to bump this thread here's some pictures from some of the previous Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Rides.
day2-100_imogene_pass.jpg

IOPort on Imogene Pass

DSC_5586_zpsc21bb605.jpg
007 in Yankee Boy Basin

IMG_0278Small-Copy_zps8ca018f3.jpg
A few of us in Maggie Gulch

day3-19_group_shot_at_clear_lake.jpg

Clear Lake

Day4-34ImogenePassTrail_zps2cdab9d4.jpg
Bullion Tunnel on Iogene Pass.

Booked my room, looking forward to seeing Dave, and the gang. :chug:

Booked my room, looking forward to seeing Dave, and the gang. :chug:
Are you staying in Silverton, or Ouray? Which motel are you staying at?

Silverton, Canyonview Motel

Just booked our room! The upgrades on the CJ are well under way, and we can't wait to see everyone! :chug::banana::grinjeep:

Carol and I just got off the phone with the Canyonview Motel and have confirmed reservations starting Sunday evening, Aug. 14 thru Friday, August 19. We can hardly wait!

Now to get the Jeep ready! I really want to get some kind of rear locker installed by then but don't know what yet. Since I have 3.07 ratios, I'm somewhat Limited on choices. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted. I would also very much like to convert my 4.2 I6 to TBI and again, would accept any and all suggestions.

It will be good to see last years group again and hopefully, some others will join in for the fun.

Bill :chug: (Handlebars)

Personally I'd do the TBI before the lockers. I'm not going out there with a carb again.

Not sure where all you wheel outside of this San Juan trip but as you saw last year they aren't really needed aside from Poughkeepsie.

That said I'd like the Trutrac if I were to put one in.

My 2cts.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks