Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 6th Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Is this open to anyone with a jeep?
Yes, anyone with a jeep or jeep-like vehicle. We've had a Ford Explorer and Toyota pickup join us. I like to say these are trails that a stock CJ can ride on but on the last day we all decide on the type of trail we'll go on. That last day we may go on something a bit more challenging (such as Poughkeepsie gulch).
Join us. We have a great time on these trail rides. :chug:

Last edited:
Carol and I plan to be there. The dates are fine with us. Hope everyone from last year can be there plus some more. It was great.

Bill

Good to hear you and Carol will coming again, looking forward to it. :chug:

Super! We look forward to seeing you guys again! :banana:

Carol and I plan to be there. The dates are fine with us. Hope everyone from last year can be there plus some more. It was great.

Bill

Good deal! I won't drag everyone down this year - promise...:notworthy:

I'd really like to make this years run, but as it has the past 5 years, it will depend on what's going on as it gets closer to the run date.

And of course what kind of shape the CJ is in :D

Hey Dave, is Ben going to make it?......................Did you tell him?...................More than a few days ahead of time?? :poke: Hope to see him again next summer. :D

It's good to hear the same crowd will be there (and a few more I hope). I just now emailed Ben. I'll keep you posted.
:chug:

Dave, is the 15th-19th a lock? Good prices on travel now and want to feel free to pull the trigger.

Dave, is the 15th-19th a lock? Good prices on travel now and want to feel free to pull the trigger.
Well... my concern was people that would have to get their kids in school in August. No one has objected to these dates. Actually it sounds like we should have a pretty good crowd. I say yes, we can set the date.

The trail ride will be the 3rd week of August 2016 (Aug. 14 to 18th).

Also Ben is very eager to join us. He says he's "
definitely in for next year!!"

I plan on staying at
the Red Mountain Motel, Cabins, RV Park but they are closed up for the winter (most of Silverton is). They will start taking reservations Feb 1st.
Another option is the Canyonview Motel (970) 387-5400

Last edited:
Thanks, good to hear Ben is coming again.

Well... my concern was people that would have to get their kids in school in August. No one has objected to these dates. Actually it sounds like we should have a pretty good crowd. I say yes, we can set the date.

The trail ride will be the 3rd week of August 2016 (Aug. 15 to 19th).

Also Ben is very eager to join us. He says he's "
definitely in for next year!!"

I plan on staying at
the Red Mountain Motel, Cabins, RV Park but they are closed up for the winter (most of Silverton is). They will start taking reservations Feb 1st.
Another option is the Canyonview Motel (970) 387-5400
Those days work for us. Glad Ben is planning on joining us again!:chug:

Great to hear you're going to try to make it! I have been trying to figure out an air compressor like you have set up on your CJ. I might have to PM you for some pictures and ideas. :D

Forgive me for being a newbie on this site. I am interested in coming to this jeep ride. It is a dream of mine to bring the jeep to CO and ride the trails. I live in Jacksonville, Florida. (No, I wont drive it all the way there!) However, we own a "stock" jeep as far as the axles go. Will these trails be ok? :)

Forgive me for being a newbie on this site. I am interested in coming to this jeep ride. It is a dream of mine to bring the jeep to CO and ride the trails. I live in Jacksonville, Florida. (No, I wont drive it all the way there!) However, we own a "stock" jeep as far as the axles go. Will these trails be ok? :)

Absolutely. There is one trail that the group "may" do that would pose a problem but you could be winched up with many others. The rest of the trails you'll be totally fine on. No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, and, what 007 said, :agree: by all means, join us. We did it in a stock 2000 Explorer 2 years ago when we were unable to finish our CJ in time. Everyone in this group helps one another, and leaves no one behind. Hope to see you there! :D

Like the others said, come out and play.
Last year we had a rookie out there with a stock 4 cyl tj on baloney skins.

Like the others said, come out and play.
Last year we had a rookie out there with a stock 4 cyl tj on baloney skins.
:laugh::laugh::chug:

Living in Colorado you would think I'm a, for sure in, on all this fun. Well I requested the time off from work already an unless the jeep doesn't run. I hope to meet up with all of you. Well the only other reason I might not make it is if we are having a kid then. But i don't think the wife is pregnant yet so i should be ok on that front.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks